WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Freak Show (no name derp) OOC

Go down 
+3
Patches
lUN_Cat16
jch2897
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jch2897
Refugee

Freak Show (no name derp) OOC Empty
PostSubject: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 5:54 pm

NOW WITH 100% MORE DERP THAN BEFORE! 8D Rules first, then plot and setting.

1. General RP rules
2. Literacy is needed
3. Be realistic with mutations (i.e.: You don't expect to grow "KAWAAAII" cat ears and a tail, do you? etc.)
4. Please respect others.
5. There's nothing else to say.

Plot: The Wrothborrow's Traveling Freak Show has been traveling around the country ever since it's establishment by Will Wrothborrow in 1945-- and now it's 1950, and people never appear to grow tired of the thrills and chills it has to offer. Business is booming, and people are having the time of their lives...!
However, things are not so fun for the freaks themselves; behind closed doors, they spend most if not all of their days in wheeled carts, stuck behind rusty bars. Food and water is hard to come by, and it isn't exactly comfortable sleeping on rough hay every night ever since they were abandoned.

As in, every so while Mr. Wrothborrow (WB for short) strolls around town, looking for creatures of odd to showcase, to suck the life out of them for every last dime till their final breath and heartbeat.
The process is rather easy to explain: he finds one, and offers a hefty sum of money (which is nothing compared to what he earns in the long run) to the parents of a young, innocent person that is anything but normal. More often than not, they will take the dough and the man will take the child, of whom is doomed to a life of suffering and humiliation and anguish for who knows how long.
The question is: will they ever escape?

Setting: Now, the Show is a side-attraction at the local fair. The time is around sunset.

This. Is. THE OOC!!!
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Oh hello another RP I need to join.

Will there be sheets~?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

Ooooh... shiny new RP, eh?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:12 pm

@Luna: nope.avi

@Donut: Yep, it's bootiful. :3
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

Woot! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT I CAN JUST JUMP RIGHT INTO WITHOUT SPENDING HOURS ON SHEETING I LOVE YOU.
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:26 pm

X3 Thanks~
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:30 pm

I am so tempted to join this. But I'm so busy...
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

Any time, Arch. Take your time~
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

So um as for characters...

Like what type of mutations specifically? As in what are they on the realism scale?
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

I guess like, maybe, physical changes provoked by something at birth. I didn't want characters with gigantic wings and cat ears, sooo... yeah.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

I was going to give my character back spines like that one badguy in that Incredible Hulk movie.

Seriously. Just that little thing made the movie 18% better in my book. Coincidentally, the movie didn't rank very high in that book...
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

It needed more anthro Hulkies. :U

Alright. So anything genetically probable?
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:18 pm

Yep!
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

Alright, because I was thinking of a character who would have basically had his hair-growing proteins swapped with feather-growing (we actually talked about this in my Bio class. XP). HIS ARMS ARE FUZZY. But no wings, oh God no. Would that be fine?
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

Yes, that's okay.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:28 pm

Alrighty~

Expect me to make an actual post or something by Friday then. Homework. This week. Augh.
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Okay. I'll be gone this weekend, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 10:48 pm

I'm tossing around a character with two mouths/throats (possibly a particularly bizarre case of chimerism?).
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

That is very strange, but at the same time it's AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

Thanks. He'll be an incredible singer. I got the idea from the first Battlestar Galactica movie, where there were a couple lounge singers who had that and pulled off a two-octave self-harmony that shattered glass from the raw acoustics.

Here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtwRwczrIA It just needed some less creepy masks to pull it off...

NVM, that version doesn't have the harmony at the end. Give me a moment, and I'll find you the actual movie and a timestamp.
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:16 pm

Alright, I'll be lurking.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:20 pm

http://www.nbc.com/classic-tv/battlestar-galactica/video/battlestar-galactica-part-two/216437/

Skip to 40:00. There's several ads in the way, but that's the only legal place I could find it.
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:31 pm

Ooookayy...
Back to top Go down
jch2897
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Nov 2011, 4:53 pm

Helloooo?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

Hola.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freak Show (no name derp) OOC   Freak Show (no name derp) OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freak Show (no name derp) OOC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next