WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Doctor Who

Go down 
+3
Snowy
Ømnivalence
Patches
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

So, since a discussion started in the Genderbending Thread, I figured this was worth just posting a new topic. There seems to be a large concentration of Whovians...

me
viollyn
Joural
Omnivex
Blood on the Dancefloor
And the list continues...

Last edited by God Donut on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

DOCTOR WHOOOOOOO.

I find it funny how people still seem to compare Matt Smith to Christopher Eccleston. When Christopher only did on season where Matt's on his third already.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

It's not so much that, I think. There's not a lot of thematic comparisons between the two that you couldn't also make with Tennant. Matt Smith and Tom Baker, on the other hand, makes a good bit more sense.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

David Tennant rocks my socks.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

Doctor Who Tumblr_ljtqptQxPw1qiy1n3o1_500
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 2:34 am

I approve of this thread so much.

<3 David Tennant.

That is awesome Omni.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 8:10 am

that... is kind of hilarious. um. yeah.

My favorite doctor is mister smith. I rather enjoy that the doctor's last name is actually smith. it'll make me laugh so much next time he calls himself "John Smith" which he's bound to any time now(not sure why he didn't in "the tenant" but hey, who cares, hmm?).

Who was your favorite companion so far, darkie? My personal favorite is Rory, with a close second(close second because I'm not sure I can qualify him as a companion) being that guy from "the tenant". he was very interesting.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 1:44 pm

Rory is the best by far. :U
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 2:28 pm

Rory, Gramps, and Leela from the classic series.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

Never seen it, but I've heard it's good. Do I need to start with the beginning of the series?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

Noe. Starting with Eccleston is best, but you can also start with any doctor's first episodes, because they start off with a mostly clean slate each time.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 7:49 pm

except tennant. he gets so much fucking baggage from eccleston it's not even funny. You can't even skip to martha, cause that whole season is just defined by derpderp why u no rose?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 8:20 pm

True. YMMV, but if Eccleston and Tennant didn't spend their entire runs getting their whoopees in a wad about Rose, I'd say to skip her entirely, because she wasn't very good. Martha was a much more interesting character. And Donna was interesting, if a bit too idealistic at times, but she had her Gramps. And then there was Rory. And young Amy.

The new series has been particularly hit-or-miss on companions.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

I hated Rose... and Donna. Martha was cool, though. And she turned into a bad ass!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

Donna was the reason my cousin stopped watching the show for a while. XD She absolutely loathes the actress who played her.

I don't know if I really have a favorite. I do rather like Rory and Amy though.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

Talking in the new series, me lieks Amy Pond. XP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: