WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Spirit of the Century OOC

Go down 
+2
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

Scrapped how? An airship could work. If you look at the first few pages from the book they talk about Dr. Meth and his zeppelins.

Though thinking about it I believe most of the action will be taking place on (arguably solid) ground. Could do some encounters in the air as well if you stick with the dirigible idea.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

Nonetheless, it has been scrapped. The Airship would be too difficult to pilot with out taking Minions... Minions are for baddies, and I do not want to resemble a baddie.

I am now going with an "Business" woman, With many contacts, and high knowledge, rapport, and other helpful skills. By "Business", I mean High Organized Crime... And she will have a Thug Companion. Because a high class criminal would not want to ruin her Party Attire.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 1:55 am

Ya can still have "Minions". A crew of loyal, red shirt retainers? Well, I do like the new idea too.

So, everyone seems to have a concept down. Start filling out those sheets, people. Again, just go to Phase 3 (your own novel). Post 'em here when you're done. That way for phases 4 and 5, and even sooner, you can get ideas from each other. Heck, remember in the book there's the example aspect "Sally Save Me!" on mister AMAZING JETPACK's sheet.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

(I will edit this later, and it will contain what I have completed so that I do not accidentally lose it or something.)
Name: 1%
Phase 1: 80%
Phase 2: 10%
Phase 3: 0%

About Phase 3... What exactly do we do. Are we writing a legit blurb length novel(Beginning middle end), or a loose intro and exit of a story?
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 2:05 am

Just post a title and maybe one or two. maybe three sentences tops. Phase 4 and 5 will include people adding to YOUR story and you adding onto theirs.

THE Derp Dragon in . . . DERP YOU!!!

The world refuses to be derped. Despite this, a certain derpy dragon has begun a crusade to derp the world!

My crappy phase 3 blurb thingy. Reading it makes you derped by the way. Just sayin'.

EDIT: As the book says, if ya can use an exclamation point somewhere, the better!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 2:26 am

I've got the Great War portion done, save for actually picking aspects out of it.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

Did I forget anything?

Le Dragonesse, Lady of Crime, Tomb-raider, Treasure Collector

Phase 1: Background ("Leave my family alone!", Troubled Past)
-Born into a well off family, in Paris, France. Money was rarely a problem. Her family, er, more like her Father, was one of the major leaders of the Paris Underground, although she didn't learn this until moments before his death.
-Her family has always been large, her father, though french through and through, took a young japanese bride, who though not her actual mother, has been closer to her than her real mother since birth. She has one full sibling, and three half siblings. Her older brother is several years her senior, and is nearly 29. Her half siblings are only 13 and the youngest is 7.
-She is very close to her family, and if anyone was at all threatened, she would fly to the ends of the Earth to save them.(Aspect name?)
-She was homeschooled, and up until her brother went into the war was trained in everything her father thought she would ever need. This includes combat, burglary, intimidation, and various other skills.
-She always had alot of friends, though mainly guys, because she had always been taught to have a strong sense of self importance, and has also been violent. She constantly got into trouble for small things like vandallism and trespassing. And any big thing she did was dismissed with a couple bucks from her dad. She dislikes talking about her past
Phase 2: War (Military Insider, Forboding Destiny)
-Her older brother left for the war early, though he died near the end and became her main reason to help in the war effort. Her father also died, just before her brother did from an automobile accident involving a motorcycle. She became even closer to her Step mother, taking on her Japanese Heritage and taking the Alias: Le Dragonesse.
-After her close family died, she took up the family business, with help from her uncle and the father of another crimelord who was very close to her father. The Great War did a lot for business, distracted by the German Army trying their hardest to get to Paris, police paid little mind to the under the table deals occuring on stolen or smuggled goods.
-Just before the US joined the war she had the good idea of getting her own troops into the battles, so she drew up her own private military and sent them into battle guised as French Soldiers. Not even she could tell the difference between a regular soldier and her higher paid and better equipped ones. Her men helped turn the tide of the war, holding the Germans back until the US joined the fray. Thus, most French war heroes of the Great war were her men.
-She became interested in mysterious artifacts around this time, and went in search of them in various places around the world, from Egypt to the Himilayas, to Florida and the Amazon. She secretly discovered tombs filled with treasures and hidden cities long lost to civilized man. And she found artifacts, powerful to those who knew how to use them.
Phase 3: Story ("Lost? Ha!", Spelunking)
Le Dragonesse and the Ghosts of Iram
Le Dragonesse searches the Rub 'al Kahli desert for the Famous lost city of Iram of the Pillars, she finds it, but what else she finds surpises her more. The remains of a long lost civilization, all but gone. She grows close to a native, and takes him out to show him the world.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 1:16 am

French woman of crime and martial skill? I like the sound of it! Unless I misread, ya don't talk about her biological mother. There a reason for that? For all we know, it could be a plot point.

I began typing, got side tracked, and my mind derped. I'm earning my name. Pretty sure more constructive thoughts will come later. I do want you to go into some detail on those Aspects. What do they mean? How do they work against you? How do they work for you? You can have positive aspects, negative aspects, and aspects that go both ways. Ya just gotta reason as to why the aspect applies to the scene.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

I'm only "up" to phase two, but I think everything I have is terrible.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

Share it. We can talk about it here. Pretty sure it's better than you think it is.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

Prepare for suckiness. PLease help me come up with better things.

Phase 1
Growing up as a middle class American, she did not do too much with his life for the most part. In school, she leaned towards the book learning, and less away from real life, which has lead to him aquiring less helpful skills. she tended to avoid people, and rather prefering the company of his notes, and the wonder of sciences around her. This has prompted some moments in her life, where unwanted male attention has been directed towards her, because of her moderate attractiveness.

Aspect 1: Book learned: Character is intelligent, and might be better at researching or experimenting, however, character has not learned too many practical skills, and may often times make simple tasks harder on herself.
Aspect 2: Romantically oblivious: Character is oblivious to male advances and is generally oblivious to romance in general. This is coupled with being fairly attractive.

Phase 2

While WW I raged in the background, she was busy having been hired by a mysterious man to work for him as an assistant. She spent much of her time helping him with his insane theories, and trying to ignore his constant inane ramblings. All in all, she learned much from her time with the Doctor, and had even gone on an adventure with him. On this adventure, the Doctor instructed her to pick off a bit of an ice sample, when she complained that doing so might trigger some kind of avalanche, and harm the village below, he stormed off in a huff, never to be seen by her again. Regardless, during the time they did have, she’d learned much.

Aspect 3: Formally taught by a scientist: Character has been in the field, doing actual science work, and knows how. Unfortunately, character has also picked up tendencies to ramble, and not make much sense.

Aspect 4:But that could hurt somebody!: Character does not like to hurt people, and will only fight in self defense. If someone points out that someone could be hurt by character’s actions, character will cease.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 10:04 pm

First off, Ji, I have to ask if your character is male or female. You swapped genders there pretty frequently.

So, we've got a man/woman who tended to stick with libraries more than anything else. I can see this coming into play a lot. He/She is generally oblivious to the opposite sex and their advances. This one may or may not come into play. It really depends on the situation, though my gut instinct says that this is comedy bait.

Me thinks ya could spice up the aspect. Who -is- this scientist? If all you want to do is give him a name then that's fine. Thinking that he could potentially be the previous Centurion as well, the one you take the place of. Refer to the example in the book where it talks about quality aspects, namely the fencing ones. Think the one that they said was perfect was "Trained by Montecharles" or something.

Otherwise, not a bad sheet at all. Go onto Phase 3 and post that one up as well.

For everybody, also think of how your skills and stunts will be. They should reflect your character worksheets (what we're filling out now). Don't have to pick skills and stunts yet, but think of 'em. By default I'm going to be using the skills and stunts from the book. You can however suggest a new one for yourself. As long as it's not too over the top and does fit your character likely the answer will be a yes.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 1:01 am

Damn my abilities of find replace, damn them. Yeah I'll need to rethink that question myself, actually, we have a female now, so it's not required.

But yes, I'll work on who said scientist was, and then I might even make him crucial in my novel.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 5:21 am

Play a female if ya want, dude. Just know that there is sexism in this time period.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

No, no male was a better idea to begin with, so I'l tweak my second phase 1 trait, find replace everything correctly, give the scientist a name, and make the novel.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 6:12 pm

Where's everyone at?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 6:18 pm

Stuck writing papers ATM.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 6:51 pm

Swamped with typing a conclusionary report on my psychology experiment, As well as a resume and cover letter for Language Arts.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 11:54 pm

No problemo. I'm considering this post-ponned until 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of the Century OOC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4