WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Debating Things.

Go down 
+2
Patches
Shade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:32 pm

Can't put it simpler.

Inspired by Cracked "After Hours", how about we start off with what the best superpower would be?

Note that it has to be an individual power but no being a superhero. Required Secondary Powers (click here) are a given
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:42 pm

Selective intangibility. You could get out of so many bad situations with that. Car wreck? Nope. Perfectly fine. You could even do things like going into burning buildings and finding survivors for tangible firemen to pick up.

And/or shapeshifting, depending how much one would be allowed to do with it. My preference is pretty far-out, to where if you get mugged from behind, the mugger would suddenly be facing the front of an enraged Cthulhoid abomination and subsequently have his face removed.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:07 pm

The greatest power is Super Genius. Because, if you are a super genius, though you may have horrible people (correction: will), you would be able to make devices to have the other superpowers. Eg. Teleporter, GravityGun, Awesome Suit, rocket boots, etc.
Super Genius would be able to become a super power copycat of sorts.

That or an Energy Vampire. But I just like them.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:18 pm

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
Selective intangibility. You could get out of so many bad situations with that. Car wreck? Nope. Perfectly fine. You could even do things like going into burning buildings and finding survivors for tangible firemen to pick up.

And/or shapeshifting, depending how much one would be allowed to do with it. My preference is pretty far-out, to where if you get mugged from behind, the mugger would suddenly be facing the front of an enraged Cthulhoid abomination and subsequently have his face removed.

I agree with shapeshifting. My number one favorite superpower. <3
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:28 pm

Fire.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Zorthax
User

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:40 pm

I would want the 'power' of magic, magic as defined by Artemis Fowl/Eragon. By that I mean that I would be able to warp energy to my will. And given that I believe that matter is nothing more than a hyper-condensed, cohesive format of energy, if I was given sufficient time to perfect my craft there would be nothing beyond my power.

I think I just won.

But if I wasnt given the power to become a God, then I would settle for Super Genius.

And now that I have seen the post of our valiant Administrator, I must give the forum this quote:

"Spontaneous combustion is a myth. If you burst into flames, someone wanted you too."
- Chandra, red planeswalker
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 6:44 pm

Or perhaps the greatest Superpower of all is "The Will of God" Because it is so powerful, they must put it into legal documents!
"In the event of sabotage, the Will of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes."
I don't know about you, but that is some proof.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

Oh ye of little faith! Truly I tell you, blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe!

- The lesson of Doubting Thomas
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:51 pm

Fire has some pretty major drawbacks. It's cool in theory, but you're basically a walking thermobaric weapon. Let's just say you're immune to your own flames and heat, so no scorching yourself or boiling your blood. You still have finite oxygen. If you release a fifty foot long jet of flame and sustain it for more than a second or two, it's going to start going through oxygen fast. In an enclosed area...

Magic power is essentially Dr. Manhattanism. He can control objects at a subatomic level; technically the ultimate power, because he can do literally anything, but it has some pretty severe psychological drawbacks.

Shapeshifting would be pretty neat, depending on how long it took. If it took your body a full minute to morph into Cthulthu, that'd be a long time without oxygen to the brain or anywhere else in your body.

Intangibility would be useful. A more reactionary form is what I'd prefer. I wouldn't be able to intangibilify myself fast enough to stop a bullet, for example. Maybe making objects around you intangible instead? That removes the pesky oxygen problems.

Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:09 pm

I was taking still being able to breathe, not being left behind by the Earth as it moves through space, etc. as secondary powers when it comes to intangibility. Doing that to other objects would be cool, but anyone with enough explosives can do just as well.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
I was taking still being able to breathe, not being left behind by the Earth as it moves through space, etc. as secondary powers when it comes to intangibility. Doing that to other objects would be cool, but anyone with enough explosives can do just as well.

Ah, that makes sense. So basically removing yourself as a living organism for a while, and just going on as a consciousness?

As Cracked After Hours discussed, regeneration has a really bad downside. Aside from the moral intricacies of tru eimmortality (think Wolverine), it increases your odds of getting stuck to 100% over time. Eventually, in their words, you'll "fall down a mine shaft" and be neither unable to get out or die and escape.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:07 pm

Not really. Intangibility means your body becomes no longer effected by anything. Literally untouchable. Technically yes you would be a consciousness, but it is past that as well. Because light is no longer hitting your body you are also invisible, you do not vibrate anything thus you are complete stealth, and you cannot be touched, smelled, or ... tasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Debating Things. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debating Things.   Debating Things. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debating Things.
Page 1 of 1