WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) Empty
PostSubject: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm

Mario and Kirby reached out to shake hands after their excellent match. However, before they could, the sky became a smoky red hue and Meta Knight's battleship, the Halberd, floated into view.

Kirby and Mario looked up. The pink puff looked confusedly at the ship... Meta Knight was on his side, right?

That's when the Halberd began to drop small little purple spores onto the arena floor.

These spores began to condense into humanlike forms, before gaining color and definite shape. Primids! These creatures were soldiers with grey skin, red eyes, a green hat and clothes, and brown shoes.

Several of the braver audience members recognized this as a threat, and demanded that the doors to the arena be opened so they could reach. After much cajoling, they were admitted into the arena to fight off the menace.

Princess Peach and Princess Zelda jumped down from the royal box to aid Mario, Kirby, and the brave spectators.

Little did they know that this was the start of something much bigger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically a roleplay that gives power to the players. The general storyline follows that of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, but the plot is broken into pieces that players could control.

It is also a crossover, much like Dimensional Clash, except it's not really a Dimensional Clash because A. there's no host and B. it takes place within one dimension.

If you have played Super Smash Brothers Brawl, you know what this is.

You play as a video game character. But please, no movie-turned-to-game characters.

Rules
-Basic basics are basic.
-You don't HAVE to start from the Aerial Stadium. Heck, you can be in the Research Facility with Samus and Pikachu for all I care.
-Cheap-killing enemy mooks is OK, but this will not make sense for bosses or larger, more armored foes like Armanks or Autolances.
-Let me know if you want to begin a different storyline to play in. Most of the time I'll give clearance.
-The only times I won't give clearance to new storylines are during boss battles, when the sequence is illogical, and at the end of the roleplay.
-No cheap characters! If you think a character's cheap, tone them down a bit.
-Don't make your characters everywhere, please. Waluigi can't be in both the Aerial Stadium and the Wilds at once.
-Final Smashes can only be used once per battle.
-Have fun! It's a roleplay.
-Characters from Super Smash Bros. Brawl are NPC's. If you would like to take control of one of these characters, PM me.
-By default, the Gamemaster and mods control NPC's.

Sheet

Username:
Character:
Origin: (Where's your guy from?)
B Attack: (Standard special attack, normally executed with single press of B/1 button on Gamecube Controller/Wii Remote)
Side-B: (Special attack that sweeps to the sides, for instance Meta Knight's drill attack.)
Up-B: (Special recovery attack, like Zero Suit Samus's grappler.)
Down-B: (Special attack that involves a charge, hitting downward, or something else, like King Dedede's Jet Hammer.)
Final Smash: (Ultrapowerful attack & signature move.)
Bio: (Doesn't have to be long.)
Other: (Got anything else to say? If not, erase this slot.)

Available Storylines (subject to change):

-Aerial Stadium: We're gonna beat up an army of Primids!
-Research Facility: Samus's Varia Suit was stolen, and Pikachu has been captured.
-Abandoned Zoo: Poor Lucas, being chased by a statue of Pokey Minch isn't fun.
-Castle Siege: A Subspace bomb detonates nearby the castle where Marth is standing...
-The Forest: Battleship Halberd approaches the forest while Yoshi is sleeping.
-The Jungle: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong get more than their bananas in this jungle...

Ahem. So, now for the pleading part. I need help on this... How can I make it more fun to play, and less confusing, while keeping the "multiple storyline" element?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

These are example sheets, and the characters I'll use. They will help you get the gist of the extent people can go, and how to format the sheets.

Username: ToadRopes
Character: Toad
Origin: Super Mario Bros.
Appearance: http://locomotive111.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4i9rnd
B Attack: Poison Mushroom (Throws a toxic fungus that causes progressive damage)
Side-B: Headbutt (Charges with mushroom head, causes recoil on both parts)
Up-B: Propeller Mushroom (Puts on propeller helmet and flies.)
Down-B: Party Hammer (Hits a Mario-Party-esque hammer on the ground, causes a few shockwaves)
Final Smash: Roulette Block (Hits two Roulette Item Blocks and uses both items inside... if doubles occur the attack is more powerful)
Bio: Toad (Japanese: キノピオ, Kinopio) is Princess Peach's attendant and a long time protector of the Mushroom Kingdom. He is actually a singular character among an entire species of look-alikes (much like the Yoshi is to the Yoshi species). He usually has the role of a supporting character who tries to help Mario on his adventures; however, he is occasionally a playable character and a main protagonist at times as well. Despite being reliant on Mario and the other heroes on times of disaster, Toad has made his own fair share of heroic acts such as in his starring role in Wario's Woods where he saves the Mushroom Kingdom from Wario's antagonistic rule, and his status as one of four hero characters in Super Mario Bros. 2. He once made many appearances in the mainstream Mario games, but has lately been reduced to being a playable character in the Mario spin-off titles, while Toadsworth has taken over many of his previous roles.

Toad shows that you can use any video game character, even supporting characters would do.

Character: Magolor
Origin: Kirby
Appearance: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) 270px-KRTDL_Captain
B Attack: Energy Sphere (Charges up one of the Lor Starcutter's Energy Spheres and throws it, like Lucario's Aura Sphere)
Side-B: Charge (Magolor spins to the side)
Up-B: Dimensional Spike (Magolor opens a small rift and a spike pushes him upward)
Down-B: Fireballs (Fires six spinning fireballs, three in each hand, has a small blast radius)
Final Smash: Black Hole (Magolor opens up a low-pressure rift to another dimension which damages those caught in it)
Bio: Magolor is the alien found on the Lor Starcutter, the galleon-like star-ship which crashed during the opening sequence of Kirby's Return to Dream Land. He was initially believed to be the captain of the ship. He serves as a supporting character during most of the game; however, he reveals his true colors after the defeat of Landia, posing as the main antagonist and final boss of the game.
Kirby and company decided to help Magolor out by offering to retrieve all the pieces of gears and hull parts that had fallen off the ship during the crash, while he stays behind to tend to what remains of the ship. Throughout the game, Magolor will inform the player when they have unlocked doors in his ship after they have acquired a specific number of Energy Spheres.
Other: In this RP, he's not going to be evil.

Magolor shows that you can take a character and give them new attributes. I changed him a bit to have toned-down versions of his Master Crown abilities.

Character: Dimitri Stanovlaski/Heavy Weapons Guy
Origin: Team Fortress
Appearance:The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) 350px-Meettheheavy4
B Attack: Sasha (Fires minigun.)
Side-B: Killing Gloves of Boxing (Throws a big punch that drags him forward.)
Up-B: Uppercut (Throws a big uppercut that drags him into the air.)
Down-B: Sandvich (Eats a Sandvich. It can increase damage dealt to opponents, heal Heavy, or simply be thrown as a weapon if not eaten.)
Final Smash: Sandvich Gun (Creates a weapon made of Sandviches that fires off lunchtime delicacies as bullets. Fallen Sandviches can be eaten to restore health.)
Bio: Like a hibernating bear, the Heavy appears to be a gentle giant. Also like a bear, confusing his deliberate, sleepy demeanor with gentleness will get you ripped limb from limb. Though he speaks simply and moves with an economy of energy that's often confused with napping, the Heavy isn't dumb, he's not your big friend, and he generally wishes you'd just shut up before he has to make you shut up.

Heavy's bio as described by Telltale Games Poker Night at the Inventory: The Heavy Weapons Guy is an esteemed member of the RED team where he works as a professional killer. When not embroiled in the eternal blood-soaked battle against team BLU, the Heavy enjoys classic Russian literature, listening to tapes and cleaning his minigun. He is as cold and calculating at the poker table as he is on the battlefield. Join The Heavy and his pals for hour upon hour of playful "combat" in The Second Team Fortress, available for PC and Mac on Steam or TeamFortress.com

Heavy shows that you don't have to use just Nintendo characters. Want more proof? Look at Sonic and Snake.

Character: Daisy
Origin: Super Mario Bros.
Appearance: http://locomotive111.deviantart.com/#/d4nzs49 Far left.
B Attack: Flower Swing (Hits with a baseball bat topped with a daisy)
Side-B: Torpedo Strike (Kicks a soccer ball at high velocity)
Up-B: Kart Glider (Mario Kart 7 standard, similar to Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop)
Down-B: Crystal Smash (Raises crystals from ground, then shatters them)
Final Smash: Crystal Punch (Jumps into air, encases hand in crystals, and flies back down with a huge wallop of a punch! Causes ground shockwaves.)
Bio: Princess Daisy (Japanese: デイジー姫, Deijī-hime) is the princess of Sarasaland and first appeared in the game Super Mario Land. She was created by Gunpei Yokoi, Shigeru Miyamoto's mentor. Although Daisy is the ruler of Sarasaland, her current place of residence is in the Mushroom Kingdom.[1]

Daisy is known to be a tomboy, a fact first stated in her debut appearance.[2] Daisy is represented by colors like yellow, orange and green. She has an affinity for flowers; her attire, special abilities, personal emblems and general representations are often flowers.

Years after her initial appearance, Daisy started appearing in more and more Mario games. This was due to the lack of human characters in the series.[3] She now appears in the majority of Mario games, most often as a playable character. Daisy is good friends with Princess Peach, and she interacts positively with many other characters. This includes Luigi, who it has been hinted shares romantic feelings with Daisy. Daisy has appeared in over thirty Mario series games to date, and continues to do so regularly.
Other: Alternate palettes include her Strikers uniform.

It is recommended that you have multiple characters to partake in multiple storylines. That way, when one storyline's temporarily deactivated, nobody gets bored.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

I really wish my RP's would actually take off... Maybe it's my subject matter or presentation...
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

Nah, you're RPs are great; presentation and subject and all. The problem is that people don't know you all too much; a lot of the joinage factor that comes from an RP sometimes is more about how much the people know the OP rather than quality. I mean, quality is still quite important, just not the only factor.

My suggestion is to hop on the chat every once in a while, maybe participate in some General Discussion discussions, etc.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

Alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)   The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Subspace Emissary (Needs work, help wanted.)
Page 1 of 1