WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.

Go down 
+8
DB
Rachel
scarydactyl
lUN_Cat16
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

I think it would be interesting if Thulai was a dwarf-dominant planet. While there are other races mingled in with society, dwarves would be the most common and that most cities hold dwarven influence or architecture. Of course there will be other cultural hotspots from other species... I'm still coming with ideas for races. One idea was basically tall men made of metal, but I quickly shot that one down.

Here's a link to some race ideas:

http://www.freewebs.com/celestialkin/uniqueraces.htm#209333438

I saw some things like Gremlins, and Mannikins (artificial people), Kobolds, and Avariels, which are basically people with wings and funky ears.

There are also Drow if you aren't particularly interested in classical elves. Drow are dark skinned.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 10:27 am

Rivitar added. Since that's our first non-human race, what do people think about having the remaining races be primarily reptilian/saurian, amphibian, and/or avian?

Dwarven-dominant society could be good; that would pose some interesting issues ergonomically, since the majority members of society would be dramatically shorter than what I imagine the rest of the characters will be.

I was thinking of giving each race a favored aspect, where each race would basically have an element that they performed best with (I put in some more about this in the race sheet and tentatively assigned Fire to the Rivitar). Also, giving the characters minor magic, where they had a spell that they could cast a few times a day as a problem-solving tool, or even something to fall back on in a rough spot? Everyone would start out with one that they knew, then have the chance to learn others later.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 11:54 am

It would be an interesting theme for sure. I'd have to give that some thought though since I haven't really thought out my own character and what I'd like him or her to be. I did make my own race once, for a game. They were basically four armed monkey type people with two tails. They still have their hind legs so it would actually be six limbs, and they have repetitive eyes like that of a bug's.

And yeah, the trait aspects would go nicely. It would be interesting to see what the dominant aspect of each race you'd think would fit them best.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

At the moment, dwarves are earth, rivitar are fire.

EDIT: Aha, here's the pic. Everybody be fine with this as a race? http://lucern7.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4p73fd (He didn't explicitly say this was the picture, but I assume it is, since turtles aren't exactly his usual fare. If not, I'll update with the new pic.)
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

Oh my, that's certainly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

They're the race I'll probably use, anyway. I'll write something up for them a bit later.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

I'll write something up for a race of cockatiel people because I need more Camaxtli in my life.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm

Dwarves are done.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

Nicely done, Eo. While you focus on the races, is there anything else you'd like me to help out with?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

I need someone to help brainstorm a first encounter is the big thing.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 4:10 pm

Monsters beneath the moon's crust?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

Eh; we'll be starting out in orbit around the moon. I'm thinking what's in the next system over, or what we might run into on the way there.

Although there could be some unrest with disgruntled, mutated Lunar settlers trying to halt the ship's launch.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 8:26 am

"Greetings, we are unheard organisms from a distant solar system here as missionaries to spread our blasphemous ways and infect every corner of inter-galactic society. May we occupy ourselves into your planet's orbit while we restock on food and supplies?"
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 10:11 pm

DB would very much like to be a crazy flying ship pirate guy thing :3
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

Certainly!
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2012, 6:44 am

I think a page ago someone posted a link to a bunch of races, would it be OK for me to pick one of those?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2012, 8:51 am

Just let me know which one you pick before writing it up.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2012, 5:12 pm

I would like to have an Avariels character, but any bird human hybrid would do :3
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

I think Sakky was going to write up some cockatiel people.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

Once we get a title and another race or two in, we can seriously start. ANybody want to put a character sheet out?
Back to top Go down
TheyCallMeEdward
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 7:48 pm

Are you still taking ideas for races and such? If you need I have an idea or two but they aren't 'traditional'. They are still humanoid/have hands.

Other than that when this starts would everyone be together, as in one ship?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 8:09 pm

You'll probably be starting together, either starting the tour of the ship or on a moon shuttle.

If you want to put in a race, go ahead, especially if it's the one you want to play as.
Back to top Go down
TheyCallMeEdward
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 9:09 pm

Buts its not a 'real' race as far as fantasy races go. (An Oxymoron I know.)

I just read over everything and just got this random image in my head of what a race can look like. Maybe if its too weird you can use it later as an alien species met or what-not.

Essentially, my idea is for a humanoid species called Geist. The Geist are essentially a manifestation of a deceased race. Basically no one knows the origin of them. They were discovered in a more recently explored area of Thulai (Assuming that a few decades ago the entire planet was not yet known). They are speculated to be what was left of a long extinct race that remained 'alive' through some sort of necromancy. They have a fixed populace of relatively low numbers, which is strange considering they live forever. However, they are not invincible. In fact they are rather vulnerable and due to other races not being very accepting of them they dwindle. Couple that with the fact that they can't reproduce and you have an endangered species. But fret not, as the world is (slowly) becoming more accepting and more industrialized societies are offering them safe havens. They share feelings and emotions and thoughts like everyone else but have no recollection of their past, nor any sense of time. They are all very old though.

As far as looks go they have a roundish head of a greyish to black color with only two golf ball sized, white openings which act as eyes. Having no mouth they communicate telepathically. They sometimes unconsciously make really strange muffled yells however, as if someone was trapped within something trying to call for help, but they can never hear this themselves. They have a long slender body of the same color of their face as well as 5 digit hands at the ends of awkwardly long arms. They have legs about normal length for their height and have strange toe-less feet. They are always 6 ft high, however the are slightly slouched forward. They can wear clothing but don't need too, having nothing to cover up. Their skin ranges from soft and flesh like to hard and metallic.(I know that basically using this as a character means little difference appearance wise, but their is the fact that they could wear clothing. Plus it will mean personality will play a big role.)

So yeah. Meh. I don't know why I come up with these weird ideas. Hoping you find at least some use for this stuff. I'll be back later so hasta luego.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

We might be running into them on the first planet we come across, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next