WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...

Go down 
+3
Patches
Master of ImpZ
Shade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

Click Here for Trope-y Goodness

This is a pretty cool site, it has a massive compilation of tropes (ex. The Black Guy Always Dies First, Last Stands, Guns Never Needing Reloading, Main Characters can't die, etc) and it's really fun, for me, at least, to peruse.

Bewarned that this website is a CLUSTERFUCK of spoilers, and they cover some things up but not all. If you're halfway through a novel or show, don't look at its page, because it will be spoiled.

They have a handy-dandy iPod app, too.

Now that I'm done being a walking advertisement, thoughts on this? I like it, it's interesting to see how often things show up, or how they're subverted.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

You will trap your soul in there forever. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

I have lost entire weeks to that site.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

Does it have short stories and things such as "The Most Dangerous Game"?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

It has nearly everything you can think of, Patches. If you look up an individual trope they have the works divided up by sections such as "Western Animation", "Live Action Film", "Literature", etc.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2012, 11:39 pm

oh my gosh, yes. Shade, Tvtropes is freaking awesome, I love you.

Also, I like reading about subversions, aversions, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

*is reading The Sniper*
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 11:46 pm

I've browsed it. But never extended periods.

Mostly when Tex links me to an article.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

>Looked up "And then There Were None"
>LOL'd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...   Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perhaps literary nerds will enjoy this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: