WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. Empty
PostSubject: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 7:08 am

Ok, so here's the basic theme of this planning thread: RP's that would be so epic, yet they'd be so hard to keep accurate that it's just not worth it really, unless you just happen to be an absolute genius, (looking at you Eochaid), and can really see this working.

1. Inception RP.

So I'm assuming you've seen the movie, if not, leave me the receipt after you've rented it. We will be following the events of the movie, but will not actually have involvement with any of the plotlines from it. Essentially freeform with the general theme of planting ideas with the goal of becoming insanely rich.

'Sounds simple enough, how is this complicated?' Well, a LOT of OOC planning will need to go into each particular RP session, unless we reach the point where we can just get right into the next scene, knowing exactly what we need to do. Anyway, a big key in this is commitment and outside work from everyone involved.

2. Groundhog Day RP.

Yes, that legendary movie of a day that just won't end, its just that much harder to make effective, because of the incessant repetition that is the whole point of the story. The issue is that knowing some, it will quickly become tedious for them, and the temptation to pull out early by breaking the cycle will pretty much render it useless.

Still, it's a unique way of providing characters with the opportunity to develop through making their actions better. And the best part? The setting can be essentially anything, we don't need an explanation for WHY the Groundhog Day loop is in effect, it just is! Whether they break the cycle by locating the object causing it within a day, or stay true to the movie by making their lives more meaningful, it's another of those crazy ideas I happen to have come up with.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 7:12 am

((Please note at the time of writing it is past 10pm, and I had almost 2 litres of coke in the space of the hour before. Insanity and totally random stupidity on my part is to be expected)).
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 1:29 pm

Hmm... I've never seen Inception, which I should rectify, but the Groundhog Day idea sounds like a fresh idea. o:
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

Welp, got results back for an English assignment, and let's just say that it's not good.

I seriously don't know if I'll actually run an RP anyway, given that no-one really seems interested.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 3:05 pm

Augh. Well, let's give them some more time, see what happens...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.   Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling all people who are interested in wasting hours on stupidly complicated RP's.
Page 1 of 1