WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC

Go down 
+3
Hollen123
some dumb bird
Dragockon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

After walking for twenty or so minutes, Dane finally spoke up. "You know, I always wondered... These trees... Do the Remnants do something to the sky, the water, weather, something? I mean so much vegetation seems to be dead. I mean I get it is a warzone, but it just seems kind of... Eerie..." It got to Dane, so much destruction. The fact the trees were still standing made it more creepy and strange. It left him unnerved to think, if the Remnants were indeed doing something to the environment, poisoning everything. Of course, part of it was just to start a conversation, but it did get to him.

Seemed to go beyond a simple battlefront with some dead trees spread out from the fight. Then again, Remnants do not need vegetation for nourishment, unlike organic creatures...
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

"I don't think so." Xend said to Dane relived for the brake in the deathly silence, “If so they would have just killed everyone with gas. And we would be dead right now. But we’re not…” She trailed off saying the last part as a whisper “even if some of us should have died.” She muttered not looking at him. And not sure if he heard her, she kept walking.
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
OneShotSammy
Refugee
OneShotSammy

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Kirby woke up the next day, he looked around and could see Saunders cleaning one of many guns he owned ,it didn’t surprise him, with as many guns as he owned its surprising that he didn’t clean more of them. The room command had put them in had ten bunk beds, plenty for the squad, but Kirby had to sleep next to some guy called Yuri. The guy looked like a cave man smell and all, he also snored as Kirby found out the night before, normally Kirby had no trouble sleeping in a room while someone snored but they were usable across the room, not five feet away. Thankfully he had a head set that drowned most of the sound out. Kirby looked bake at Saunders and asked “when do we practice for CQB” they had practiced for CQB many times before but it had been a while since they needed it.
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 May 2012, 9:17 pm

Kemp gave a half smile and said. "Do I got much of choice? Somebody has to watch your pretty butt out there, might as well be me."

Meanwhile Oldrak, and his newly built army, make preparations for an all out genocide against the Human Species. Oldrak leads the attack on New Orlando, which during Humanity's reconstruction, became a military hot spot
that lies at the very edge of the Black Desert. A place of ash and rubble that was a refuge place for the Remnant when they were critically crippled by a corruption of their data stream, that caused them to fight and travel in a disorderly manner which led to a lack of battlefield strategies. Oldrak a being who belongs to the very species that created the Remnant for the purposes of military conquest. Set up a new data stream much different and improved from the previous one, making the Remnant a threat once again. "Send in the jammers." He commanded in an alien language. A Small drone moved at fast speeds into the vicinity of the city, disrupting all communications. "Tendraak, fire main cannons." He commanded. Many miles away a down remnant cruiser set its trajectory for the cities largest buildings, virtually marked by the recon satellite in orbit above the planet. The cannons fire with a bang. Within seconds remnant shells bring down buildings, shatter windows, and destroy complexes. "Now kick them while they're down!" Oldrak Commanded leaping into the air with a flash of his jets. The rest of the Battle Drones fallowed him. Human mechs stand near the edge of the city, to thwart the attack. "Leave not one left alive, but mainly focus on military targets." Oldrak instructed. The mechs open fired, bullets streaking passed and through Drones that charged in overwhelming odds. The Drones fired down their beams creating an ear stinging sound that shattered windows. Within. Seconds the mechs were in flames. Several exploded. The humans had not expected them to act in a strategic order despite the warnings from Lieutenant Commander Kemp Grau, giving them a sense of arrogance. Arrogance that would cost them many lives and most definitely New Orlando. Light Defense mechs rush to the scene to protect civilians as they make their way to shelters. (Light Mechs are ass maneuverable as Drones and can fly unlike ground defense mechs.) A felling of satisfaction sweeps over Oldrak as he feel the success of conquest surge through his body. He had not felt this way in thousands of years. The joy of winning a battle. The overwhelming force of the Remnant made short work of the Light Defense Mechs. Plans were changed, and the military made an executive decision to evacuate the city rather than get civilians to shelter. All assets available were put to keeping the Remnant at bay, until evac transports could leave the cities proximity. In a massacred part of the city Light Support mechs struggle to regroup with their comrades. The sky had now turned black with smoke and the stench of burning flesh marks the beginning of a war.

(I would like to take this opportunity to say that Human raise is not the correct kind of term despite how often its used. Raise is a member of a species with characteristics of its own kind from a region that's climate gave them things like skin tones and dominant facial characteristics like African, Asian, Cockasian, Indian, etc. You could still use it if you wish.)

(Really sry about the absence of posting and how much of a burden its been on some people in thew rp I got a lot of stuff going on right now. Not as much time as there used to be.)
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 9:35 pm

Sara smiled "Thats more like the kemp I know, you know if any other guy said that I'd have to punch them. But your an exception Kemp." She said "C'mon we better go get the team ready for training, the Sergeant will meet us there soon I'm sure. Or he might already be there who knows we got time."

((I apologize for my Lack of actively here, there's a lot to be done recently and I have less time in the week. But I'll be one more on the Weekends.))

Last edited by Dragockon on Fri 04 May 2012, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 9:46 pm

"Right..." Kemp said fallowing her. "Am I the exception because I'm the only one who's seen it?" He added.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 9:56 pm

"Seen what? There's plenty of thing's I wish I Didn't see sometimes." Sara commented as they walked.
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 10:06 pm

Kemp chuckled "well that certainly wasn't something I never wanna see again. So run this by me one more time, what are we doing exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 10:22 pm

Sara suddenly knew what he meant earlier trying to ignore the urge to give him a good slap she let it slip by, "Well, We go across the border deep into the Remnant's 'zone's ' I guess you could call it. There's a base that they want us to take out, Victor won't tell me why or why he didn't mention a Remnant base nearby in the first place. But we infiltrate, rescue Jake despite what Victor say's, blow it up, leave, come back. Does that make sense?" Sara said.
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 10:28 pm

"Ok, how was he captured in the first place?" Kemp asked as they walked
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 10:52 pm

"I don't know, all Victor said was he was captured and not to rescue him. Besides Victor's higher ranking Major in fact he's an idiot and if he was leading the operation then he can leave a man behind. But as long I live I won't leave any man behind period. And he knows it" Sara responded and added moment later "I hate that stupid idiot." Sara mutter clenching her fists.
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 11:09 pm

"I know what you mean. I never fancied people who get the job done at any cost myself." Kemp said laying his hand on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 11:12 pm

Sara relaxed a bit at his touch "Yeah...But it snot just that..." She mutter but her voice trailed off in a sigh.

Last edited by Dragockon on Fri 04 May 2012, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 11:16 pm

Sergeant Saunders was waking up slowly. He had noticed Yuri too but his snoring didn't bother him. Saunders was able to sleep through anything and anywhere. He had once fallen asleep on an empty stack of ammo crates at an artillery fire base where the "gun bunnies" were working the guns for an all-night barrage.

Saunders looked at Kirby, wiped the sleep from his eyes and then responded "Today right after the morning chow hall, so we got to get going."

"Yuri!," Saunders said looking directly into the eyes of the strange but apparently highly effective soldier, "Did you get the word? Chow at 0630, first formation 0730, training starts no later than 0800."

Yuri nodded his acknowledgement.

"Ok, Kirby, you know the drill, let's get the Squad up and going, we're going to have another full day," Saunders said.
Back to top Go down
OneShotSammy
Refugee
OneShotSammy

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Kirby had no arguments when they were on the front they had to get up at 4:00 a lot of times to do patrols, so 6:00 was no big deal. He started waking up the rest of the team, they slowly got up but the idea of fresh food made them speed up a little. All the men in the squad made their way to the mess hall to see food fresh from the oven Kirby said “it look so good compared to all those MRE’s we have been eating”, it was a basic breakfast for everyone else at the base, but being on a MRE diet for the past few months make you appreciate a good meal. They got in line that had started just a moment ago, Kirby was just behind Yuri. Kirby could see that he had a bag that was tide to his belt that looked out of place. Kirby said “what you got in the bag cave man”. Yuri looked at him with his big green eyes and said “fingers of my victims”. Kirby looked at him for a second, at first he thought he was joking but he didn’t look like the joking type. Kirby took a step back and said to Saunders “whatever we do, let’s not make him angry”. The last thing Kirby wanted was to lose his trigger finger, it was his money maker.
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 8:32 pm

"I think w're under a bit of stress...How about we take that trip to Flood city tomorrow instead of next week? Celebrate our anniversary early?...Once we rescue the Sargent of course" He said in a soft voice.

Meanwhile, many miles from the peaceful City of Newtek. New Orlando continues to be decimated by Oldrak's Remnant forces. A BTF (Bi-Terrainial Fighter, a kind of ground and air mech.) Pilot named Allan Dufresne (Pronounced Duphrane) Fights for life as his ailed forces around him slowly crumble with the city. Never had he had experience with such large numbers of Remnant being new to the military and having just come into active service. "Command half my squad is down I need reinforcements at my position!" His Commanding officer said urgently through the radio. There was no response. "Command?...Come in this is Primordial one please respond." Again there was no answer. A member of the squad suddenly exploded as a Remnant beam struck his mech. "Command is dead let's get the Frak out of here! Rescue stragglers if you see them, but retreat is now our only and primary option and objective. Allan kicked his jets into action and fallowed his commander through the city. "Rookie how ya doing back there?" He asked Allan. "Uh... How do you think ,I'm doing? We're F*cking getting shot at!" He exclaimed to his commander. "Well don't worry we're gonna get out of here ali-AAGGGHHH!" A Remnant beam struck the Commanders mech dead center. The mech exploded blinding Allan as he flew through the smoke of the explosion. One by one in seconds the entire squad a was picked off. HE managed to shoot down a few of his pursuers, but was hit numerous times himself. At last He somehow made it out of the city like a bat out of hell. In a state of deep shock he continued forward, not thinking about anything. The City of New Orlando now lay in waste as the Remnant's first victory of the new war, and the human's first defeat. No one outside of the cities proximity had any idea that a new war was born.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 11:34 am

"Okay...Yeah okay." Sara said, kemp always had his ways of calming her down it seemed. "C'mon we better go get my team and work on the training CQB so we can get this over with. I think its like 4:00 aclock or something already…Weird.”
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 10:29 pm

Kirby, Yuri, Saunders and the Squad all sat at the chow hall table together. The men didn't have much to say to each other because they were all too busy enjoying mounds of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, hash browns, orange juice, and buckets of fresh coffee. To the duty station personnel these men must have appeared to be like ravenous wolves. But these “REMF’s” as the Squad referred to them had no idea what it was like to eat MRE’s for 2-3 months straight, the whole time never knowing if each lousy MRE would turn out to be be your last meal.

“Alright,” Saunders said in his normal command voice growl, “the chow was great; now let’s get to work men!”

The Squad followed Saunders out of the chow hall and out to the street where they automatically formed up into a line so the Sergeant could march them to the CQB Training area. On the way Saunders started calling some "Jodie Calls" to get the team pumped for training…

“Hey, Hey Captain Jack,
Meet me down by the ammo shack,
Put that weapon in my hand,
I want to be a fighting man…”
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 11:39 am

Dane nodded. He heard Xend mutter something, but he did not pry further into it. And so, they kept walking. And walking. Walking. Walking some more. And more walking. Dane knew if this apocalypse ever ended, they would all be in great shape for all this dang walking.

((Sorry got nothing really to post))
Back to top Go down
OneShotSammy
Refugee
OneShotSammy

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 12:46 pm

By the time they were done singing the tune they were at the CQB training area, Kirby looked around. It had a good size kill house, a shooting range, a sitting area with a dry erase board, and weapon lockers. Kirby said “Not too shabby ain't it ?” These days most CQB areas like this are used to train special forces mostly because it takes a lot of material to make one, you have to line all the walls with bullet proof material so that all the live fire exercises don’t turn in to a live fire murder secene. As a result they usually make small kill house to fit in their budget. This one was rather large, several rooms and hallways on three stories, clearly these guys had a bigger budget. Saunders called the team over to the white board and he started going over there training they would be doing.

Last edited by OneShotSammy on Tue 08 May 2012, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollen123
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 08 May 2012, 8:36 pm

"Fine lets get this over with." Kemp said as they actually reached their destination.
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 10:55 pm

"Alright Squad," Saunders growled, "here's the training outline for today..."

Marksmanship:

- Weak Side Cover - Pistol
- Weak Side Cover - Rifle
- Switch Hitter (Switch Weapon from Strong to Weak Side - Fire)
- Run and Gun

Individual Movement:

- Pie the Corner
- Sneak a Peek - Strong Side Cover
- Sneak a Peek - Weak Side Cover
- Run and Gun

Team Movement:

- Room Entry
- Room Clearing
- Room Exit
- Hallway Clearing

Gear Refresher:

- Stun Grenade
- NVD's (Night Vision Device)
- Rappel Kit
- Intel Kit

"Its a lot to cover and a long day so expect MRE's for lunch!" Saunders informed them men and then waited for the expected groans and complaints, but then he gave them a shot of motivation. "However, you guys keep this tight and show me your mind's in the training and the LT has promised me we can have some hot chow delivered here for dinner - and they are having fried chicken tonight."

The cheers went up all around - even Yuri had a big grin on his face.

"Let's get going Squad!"

Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012, 1:26 pm

Sara nodded she went and got her team waking them from their sleep apparently “Sleep later, work now!” She had said “Jackson don’t forget your vest you’re gonna want that if they shoot at YOU y’know.” She told the young man known as Jackson, he had pale gray eyes and short cut black hair. She counted them all just in case
Daniel Corpral
Jackson private
Dakes Private
John Private
“Okay good lets go start training so we can get this over with. I don’t even know what time it is anymore.” Sara said and they headed off to the CQB area.
Entering it Sara paused to read the Sargent’s list “Nice list you have there Sargent, I would like to add that I think it would be best to do this all in the full gear as we’re be wearing it for awhile. If that’s fine with you..?” Sara asked and then turned to, “And that does mean yes Kemp you do have to put on the SCV (Standard Combat Vest) I’m glad you mentioned that” She said even though Kemp hadn’t said anything.
She walked over to a table filled with SCV’s “This, is the Standard Combat Vest its 65 pounds at the most weight in full gear and can stop a Remnant bullet the size of your head from burning half your insides to soup. And as your Lieutenant of this operation Kemp” She said smiling mischievously “I order you to wear one, I’ve never seen you wear one so- Might as well start now. Yes?”

Xend walked and walked she came to a sudden stop and turned around to face Dane, “Where are we going? We walk and walk and walk for days on end but never get anywhere but the next hole!” She said waving around the death land around them “Or the next cave, or the next deserted town or- Anywhere! Whats the point of it?! Why not just stay here! No one cares if we die out here anyways! Even if we do find a town with life it’s not like we have a pass to enter or like anyone cares about us in the first place! Its all useless!” She hit the nearest tree with her fist it hurt like heck, wow for dead trees they felt like hard rocks. She shook her hand as it stung and sat on the ground looking away from Dane and ashamed of her outburst of anger.
Back to top Go down
Daddy-07
Refugee
Daddy-07

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 9:57 pm

Saunders prepared the Squad to march back from CQB training facility to the barracks. It had been a long hard day and the Squad had covered a lot of ground. In the morning they reviewed their individual techniques and then in the afternoon and evening they went over and over the mission drills - Room Entry - Room Clearing - Room Exit – and Hallway Clearing. Every time the Squad had it down Saunders changed the scenario and then ran it again. This tested their reaction skills to the utmost and honed them into one solid team. Saunders demanding training techniques were not new to the Squad and so they came together quickly and easily under his stern and watchful eye. The men loved and hated the Sergeant’s approach to preparing for combat, they hated how completely extreme and physically demanding it was, and they loved how it had kept them all alive so long.

But now at the end of the day Saunders knew they had it down and he was satisfied. “Ok men,” he said, “it’s time to put away gear and get some shut eye – tomorrow we get to kill more Remnants!” His words were met with loud enthusiastic cheers. Each man on the Squad had a reason to hate the Remnant, each had experienced personal loss due to their ruthless and merciless slaughters of human beings, and each looked forward to their next chance to get some major payback, and this next mission would defiantly count as MAJOR payback.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 9:10 pm

((Time skip.))

Mission day

Sara stood at the landing pad 22-Z or whatever that called it. It was really just an open space with some walls. She stood there her arms crossed frowning looking at their transport for the mission.

It was a SH or stealth helicopter . They were made for infiltration missions not a smooth ride in the lest but worked well, weak armor and guns; but very fast and of course very stealthy.

“I did not know you wanted us to take a Helicopter Victor.” Sara grunted. Everyone going for the mission was standing there with her, Victor was standing by her side a smile on his face.

“I believe its Major to you Sara, and I believe a Stealth Helicopter would be best. Don’t you?” He
responded.

“Well Victor I disagree. We don’t need it.” Sara said.

Victor shrugged “Your opinion, not mine.” He said.

“Victor, this isn’t needed. I don’t even see a resend for it, a regular helicopter at the lest would be fine.” Sara said her voice as hard as ice.

“These are my orders Sara.” Victor responded. “I suggest you get you and your men on their way ,before the Remnants get going first.” With that he walked away.

“Stupidknowitall” Sara muttered forgetting out here even whispers could be heard in the silence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC   The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Remnant Wars's: Part two~IC
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next