WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in Empty
PostSubject: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Well, given new changes in rules on its current home forum - the MineCraft Forums - I may be hauling PoW here along with all of its lore, and players.

I don't know if I should have posted this here, or elsewhere. But I thought I'd make this known. It's not official yet, but now the MCF has decided to actively prohibit swearing it's threatening to endanger PoW's spirit.

I've issues the order to the PoW crew to continue as is until it's proven they're going to clamp down. For all I know the RP forum could be to the MCF as it was to BB for a while; that backroom closet no one visits. So we could theoretically carry on with our sex, racism, drugs, language, and violence. But until they do sweep in to beat us with a stick for it, it'll remain.

The moment it does go to move though, I may be bringing it here. This forum being one of the only other active ones that'd support it.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

PoW?

and I would pick "general discussions" as the place to put something like this.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 2:25 pm

PoW, Precipice of War is the immense Political RolePlay which has jumped from the Sporum to the MCF. Since it moved to the MCF it has adopted a very "mature" aura. I've been told by out one mod member that it's border-line, if not already crossing it.

Combined - Sporum era(s) and MCF era - it's posts probably number up to the thousands if not ten thousands and covers something close to six/seven years of active lore (counting a five-year time-skip I declared when moving it to the MCF) as well as close to sixty or seventy years of "passive" lore.

In addition to being confusing politics, it's allowed for some cultural exploration into the nation you play as, and as to how it can evolve. It's rather deep. Members have written entire political philosophies about PoW for PoW.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

sounds interesting. Also essentially impossible for anyone new to get into, :/
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 4:21 pm

It is difficult granted how much is going on. Which is why we have a wiki as well as a "Ask and we'll answer policy".

If I do move it, everyone in it will probably follow and we'll continue as if nothing happened here. This is provided it doesn't get locked on its current home.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 6:13 pm

Precipice of War... Now that's a name I've heard thrown around a bit. o:

I'll keep an eye out for it, in case it does become necessary to move everyone. If nothing else, I'd like to study how you folks play a civ RP, as I've never been in one. >3<
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 7:09 pm

In that case, here's the current IC:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/860113-precipice-of-war-an-alternate-history-1977-rp/

In any case, several of us are trying to move from playing it like an RTS and trying to be more story-driven. There are a few still who do that, or logic their way around as if it was which leads to wars lasting about a month. Or even disproportionate super-powers. We try to keep that all cut down in the OOC thread.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm

Ooh! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

Whether or not I, or anyone else here joins, I'd gladly welcome PoW into the forum.

Just as long as there is no problems between the members.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

There shouldn't. Several already use here already (Iso, Tex) and most others are familiar with the old Sporum RP section (Gorgen, Vilage, Nova, and I). I showed this forum to one of the guys who joined when it went up on the MCF (our mod member) and he said from your welcome ticker, he likes this place already.

It's just a question of our mod buddy's paranoia will win out and the mods will come knocking. I sent a message to the admin responsible for this rule to discuss possible loop-holes or at least a censor that can be flipped on and off to protect the kiddles and their parents. No response yet.

Even if I don't move it now over this, here will be a future consideration. Provided "here" is still alive.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 10:41 am

This forum will die as soon as I'm on my deathbed.

And that will take a while.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 11:00 am

it's good to know that patches is just a wee bit overenthusiastic.

And mata? I wouldn't pick this one as a guide to all Civ RPs. It seems to be much slower than most I've seen, and the vast majority of those go from "dawn of X" onward. ... then again, I've only seen a handful that weren't on the Spore Forums, and that was a bit of "I wish spore was like this".

I mean, can you imagine if spore had been multiplayer? a particularly fast player could be hitting civ stage and accidentally kill off a creature player's nest, or a tribal player who was a dick could spend his time hunting other players or whatever! that would be SO COOL.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

I'm not overenthusiastic, I'm simply in the process of trying to convince myself that this forum won't die in the next year.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

Ah. Well, I don't think it's going to die, it'll live on, even if only as a meeting place for those of us who just want to chat.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Cursive Writ wrote:

And mata? I wouldn't pick this one as a guide to all Civ RPs. It seems to be much slower than most I've seen, and the vast majority of those go from "dawn of X" onward. ... then again, I've only seen a handful that weren't on the Spore Forums, and that was a bit of "I wish spore was like this".

I mean, can you imagine if spore had been multiplayer? a particularly fast player could be hitting civ stage and accidentally kill off a creature player's nest, or a tribal player who was a dick could spend his time hunting other players or whatever! that would be SO COOL.

I maintain a level that provides advancement as well as story. There's a set and rigid time-system at play that people need to abide by, day-by-day. The rate it goes by is not one that has people advancing from one model of society to another in a blink like the Civilization Series.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 4:31 pm

This interests me greatly.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

Dinh_AaronMk wrote:
Cursive Writ wrote:

I maintain a level that provides advancement as well as story. There's a set and rigid time-system at play that people need to abide by, day-by-day. The rate it goes by is not one that has people advancing from one model of society to another in a blink like the Civilization Series.

I got that. What I was saying is that this is different from those I've seen before, and that it's a fairly broad topic(it'd be like looking at Selfstuck for an introduction to silly fantasy, it is an example, but not necessarily the norm)
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 5:37 pm

I find it complicated to jump in the middle of a civ roleplay, which is why I had to quit. If I were there for the very beginning, that'd be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

We've actually managed to keep a fair few people in who jumped in at the middle. Hugzthezombie - who now plays Prussia - is doing well so far in his activity. Even if he has changed nations thrice.

Though, he does tend to ask a lot about things. Particularly Southern Finland since he plans to involve that in a future arch about acquiring Russia to fulfill his character's claim to the Prussian and Russian Empires.

And everyone else seems to be just lazy.

Also, the MCF admin is considering optional parental controls. So we may not haul it over here. Though, should further issues arise and things not go well the RPP here is still a consideration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in   Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likelihood I'll be moving PoW in
Page 1 of 1