WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Anathema: We've started!

Go down 
+9
The_Paper_Tiger
Rachel
Diamondback
Admiral Ji
Shade
Ømnivalence
marsh
Snowy
Patches
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:10 pm

Those are mutually exclusive? I need to make artifacts to make an N/A, do I not? Reguardless, yes, I'll go for genesis. Though that'll be harder to get started doing. And what can I do with that?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:12 pm

So, you like the thought of being stripped of everything for the plot?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm

It's not mutually exclusive, but it will be easier to focus in one rather than the other, since the equipment and skills are different (and they'll take different plot hooks). For instance, craft (genesis) and craft (magitech) are two different specialties, which will require separate XP investments. If you want to find equipment you don't build yourself, you'll have to pay for it, and so on. A bit of both will be useful, but specialization will be your friend. Also, you'll need to check the ability minimums for craft (genesis) in wonders of the Lost Age. I don't think you have them all yet, but you're close.

Crafted species are rated as artifacts according to how many mutation points went into them, as so: wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=User:Plague_of_Hats/The_Art_of_Biothaumaturgy

Pretty much, you start with a base race, then add stuff onto it. For instance, in a previous game, I was going to start with Beastmen and dragon-blooded, engineer both of them into artifact 5 subspecies, then breed them together to make an artifact N/A race of Exalted nagas that would pretty much steamroll the entire South once I got enough of them.

Alternately, I could have made gunpowder-producing plants, inexhaustible horses, and so on. I also applied the "short gestation" mutation to a batch of rice and tripled the Lap's agricultural output.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm

Basically. We can do whatever we want whenever we want.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

Pretty much, so long as you're intelligent about it, and you will of course have your common goals. There will be consequences, rest assured, but you're definitely a cut above most other things in Creation.

Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

Hm... magitech is starting to sound better, if only because I'm more partial to building some large combination of assorted artifacts into some ungainly creation that I don't even fully understand. Genetics work is a bit... not my style, really.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Have you looked into warstriders?

(you do have Wonders of the Lost Age, yes?)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

No, no I do not. I should, shouldn't I?

Getting the PDF now.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

I would assume that my character wouldn't really craft things, but I have to admit that genesis would be amazingly awesomefun.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

Wolfji: Check the appendix. If you're looking for "giant thing that may or may not go horribly wrong," that's probably your ticket.

Midnight: No, not really. As I recall, you're a bigger fan of breaking things.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

Hot. Damn. I will be at the helm. All will cower before me. Oh, I forget what this button does, let's press it.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

That is also really fun.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

I'm of course, going to need to make an improved design, of course. Gonna need to to be N/A levels of awesome.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

Indeed, and indeed.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

Now, how to go about making one... likely gonna need to just start churning out artifacts, make some money, up my resource level as high as I can. And how would I get my strength up to two, because that's important to my driving it.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

To raise strength, spend... 3xp, I think?

I'm thinking an N/A warstrider would be capable of independent operation somehow (I'll figure out mechanics later) and be able to assume warform with you.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Now, is that hard, or easy, to aquire?

An advanced AI could probably run itself. I wouldn't put those silly safeguards the solars did.

I still need an option to drive it myself though, it's more fun to choose to blow things up.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

Since 2 is the human average, it will be pretty easy.

Getting backgrounds is generally harder.

AI: Now you're talking.

The normal way of pilotoing one is to strap yourself in and use it like a mecha. You could still do that, but the AI could be able to work by itself.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

Good, good.

It's not like the AI would turn on it's creator or anything...

Well yes, I read, it's just sometimes fun to pilot your death robot yourself. Besides, that way I can aid in supplying essence to the large amount of weaponry that MUST be installed.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

I am so glad that Red Cape is a relatively simple character. Although all that crafting stuff sounds pretty awesome and fun...
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:22 pm

Wait, AI? Aren't we a little to far back to have such evil stuff?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

I resent the implication that my AI is anything but benevolent.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

Rule-wise, it's a touch more complicated, but it can be rewarding. As can a lot of things.

Jac: The current culture is Bronze Age, but that's only after falling from the magically inclined equivalent of the High Silicon Age.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

I've always loved just making things, especially when the end result of what I'm making is rather unknown to me until I finish. That just makes me work for whatever it is.

Obviously, my warstrider will at the very least, need an implosion bow.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

Those are fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anathema: We've started!
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next