WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- The IC

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

Musings- The IC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

Becky

...Huh?

So I asked the guy for his name, and he tells me that he needs a moment to remember it...?

Remember? His name? How could you forget your own name?!

Not gonna lie; I was staring at him a bit oddly, now, which is something that couldn't be helped. It was just that, well, everything about the last ten minutes was weird. First, I find this guy roped to a fence in the middle of nowhere with only the sun to keep him company. Then I let him loose and he's all dandy and fine, like nothing had every happened. And now I'm following him into the goddamned woods.

Following a dark stranger into the blasted woods, and he doesn't even remember his own name.

Life choices, huh.

I kept quiet, though, and kept a reasonable distance as I followed. After a while the name seemed to come back to him. Aaron? That was a nice name. Good thing he remembered. Maybe he was one of those people with...what was it...short term memory loss? Something like that. Seems like he could have it.

Oh, so he wanted to know why I was out here?

I forced a smile onto my face, saying "Oh, I'm just out travelin'...I do it often. It's kinda hard to find a place to settle down in for longer than a few days, so I usually just bunk in spots during the night and go about on foot in the morning. You're right, though..." I paused, turning my head to look out at the stretching, empty fields of yellowing grass, "...It is really nice out here. Quiet. Secluded. No trouble-makers....well, 'cept for those ones you ran into. I can see why'd you live out here, though..."

It got quiet once I stopped talking. Wanting to strike up some more friendly conversation with the fella, I asked "So, hope you don't mind me asking, but how long have you lived out here?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Musings- The IC - Page 3 Tumblr_m0wxav1H9R1r09mqjo1_400
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013, 7:36 pm

The path grew more tangled and overgrown as we approached the... huh. You know, I've never come up with a name for this place. I guess home just felt like enough.

Either way, though, the way got more tangled and I started flowing through the trees, careful to avoid brambles and thorns and anything else that might prick or bite or scratch. It'd heal, but it'd hurt like hell.

While this was happening, she asked me how long I'd been out here. Almost stopped at that one, I couldn't remember. I mean, this particular spot? Maybe two or three years, tops. Yep, flipped through some old diaries(still not sure how I haven't lost them) and I started moving my stuff here three years ago, after the nastiness with the... well, I've already written all that down once before, no need to re-hash all this nonsense. But she hadn't seen home -I really need a name for this place, seriously- yet, so she was speaking more generally. Eventually I settled on the safest answer, assuming I had only just come into the woods when I lost my memories... Or been left there.

"Around twenty years? It blurs together after a while."

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Musings- The IC - Page 3 FANMADE_Pinkie_Pie_bouncing
Patches wrote:
and I gave my penis a moustache, but that doesn't make people want to look at it.
MoonlightDreams wrote:
[13:09:32] MoonlightDreams : i am gay
[13:09:49] MoonlightDreams : i like dick up my bummmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

Twenty years?! Good God.

I stopped right then and there, not really on purpose, my mouth hanging open in surprise and shock. Lucky, too, since I had almost walked into a tree branch that would have smacked me across the face.

"Twenty years? You gotta be pulling my leg. Twenty years, out here in the woods?"

Impossible. He had to be lying. I mean, sure, when you thought about it maybe it wasn't that ridiculous of an idea, but this guy? No way in hell he had been out here that long...

I looked around at the trees and the overgrowth, and wondered for a moment what it must be like living on your own out here. Sure must be peaceful, what with all the quiet and animals and such. ....And then it occurred to me; was he even out here on his own? Might as well ask.

"And are you living with other people or are you all...by yourself?" I asked him, truly curious now, as I kept up with the pace he was setting, brushing stray briars out of my way and stepping over huge rocks.

Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

((holy mother of god, we posted... four times in one day? jesus shit. what's wrong with us?

Oh, and I thought I should clarify- he doesn't just look tanned or black or something, his skin is literally black))

It was at roughly this point that I pushed through a rough "hedge"(formerly a large number of random bushes, as I've already written) surrounding home, and I looked around, considering the surroundings. Two raised platforms, made from plundered(and occasionally bartered) wood, one with a table and a stump for a chair, the other a hammock that was similarly stolen, with stores of food hanging from the trees above, and a small number of snares and weapons scattered about, including my bow which I quickly threw over my shoulder, it's familiar weight joining that of my knife, before I looped on my quiver-belt.

Thinking over the question, I turned back to her, shrugging my shoulders. "Is it really so hard to believe that it's better than the alternative?"

Patches wrote:
and I gave my penis a moustache, but that doesn't make people want to look at it.
MoonlightDreams wrote:
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 02 Feb 2013, 4:13 pm

((Yippee for irregular posting times!

And ehrmehgherd, literal black skin. 8O))

We were walking for a while, and the ivy vines and stray tree branches were starting to get on my nerves but I kept my head on. Y'know, I'm completely familiar with areas like these; the woods had become my friend, in a way, and having been forced to hide in trees or swim downstream in a raging river to get away from people that wanted your head on a pike only strengthened that relationship.

....That's not to say that I'm in love with the place.

Speaking of which, something must've found it's way into my jacket because I started to feel this funny tingly feeling on my shoulders. I probably shouldn't have looked down, but I did. Oh Jesus Christ-

Spider. There was a HUGE, freakin' beady-eyed spider on my right shoulder. I looked down at it, went still for a while and then shrieked.

Which was a stupid thing to do. Extremely stupid.

Just how stupid, you ask? Well I was so overcome with senseless fright that I spazzed out on the spot, flinching and flailing my arms around to get the Godforsaken critter off of me. And in that same instant I felt a familiar tingle in my skin; it rippled all over, little scale-like bits popping up all over the brown, until the entirety of my skin turned—

—Purple? Really? Alright, sure. Fine. It was purple. A light purple.

Shit.

I stood there, frozen in place, clutching myself for a moment before I started to panic.

...Okay, so panic was a little bit of an understatement. Swearing under my breath, I started to smooth the wrinkles out of my clothes and—

—Hell, I don't know. Anything I could do to calm myself down. I just had to do it before this guy managed to sneak a peek at me...

I adjusted my hat and nudged a few pieces of hair out of my face. Keep up appearances, that's all I needed to do, just keep up appearances...

Eventually my skin decided to cooperate and the purple began to mellow until it had gone back to being it's normal brown. Letting out a sigh of relief I quickened my steps and caught up with Aaron. Hands on my hips, I slowed to a stop to get a look at what I assumed was his place. Well, it sure was...big. And that patchwork was pretty interesting, too. It was like he had his own little jungle village. Minus the company.

Trotting over to one of the animal traps and giving it a lazy kick, I said "So this is all yours, huh? Some setup. You gotta be one tough bastard if you've been able to make it out here all on your own for this long..."

I smirked, turning my head to look over at him. That coal-black skin of his...nope, there was no way in hell that that was normal. He was different. Different...maybe different like I was. As much as I wanted to ask about it, I held my tongue. The guy had just gotten out of (what I considered to be) a traumatic experience, and he already had to deal with a stranger asking him questions about where he lived. I didn't want to intrude on his life that much.

"Yup. One tough bastard. Damn; If I had a fortress like this I wouldn't have to go hiding in basements every night."

It was true for the most part, but I laughed at it anyway.

"You mean you never get lonely out here?"

A genuine question. I wasn't teasing the guy or anything. I just really wondered.

Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 6:22 pm

May

Law low?

Okay, whatever you say, buddy. I let out about half the air in all my tires, sinking us down a foot or so closer to the ground. Cameron had some pretty weird requests, but whatever worked for him, I guess.

So, we're going for the border, I guess? Get away from all the crazies here? You know I wonder if it'll be like the Underground Railroad. Like following the North Star and stuff and avoiding the slavers and stuff like that. It's like being in a movie. What if we get caught? Or captured? Ooh we're living on the edge. This is so exciting, don't you think so Cam...Cameron? I'm not really an expert on avoiding the law. Should we, like, get criminal identities and stuff? Do they have criminals in Canada? Or are we going to Mexico, I totally forgot. My memory's not so great when I switch between objects, I usually forget little details. Or big details. Usually big details.

I realized how melancholy my voice had become and rapidly tried to swing my mood back up before Cameron thought I was a depressed loser and left me please don't go I just want one friend

So, um, want a milkshake or something? We should totally get food. Or you should get food. I don't really eat anymore.

Procella

I nearly cried with joy when he suggested that we rest. That storm had really taken me out of me. I briefly considered if there was a way to control my tempermental weather abilities, and decided now was not the time to consider it.

The skies grew slightly greyer overhead as I flopped down on the guitar case, feeling a rush of relief in my aching legs. I wanted nothing more than to curl up and sleeeeep. But he was talking. Ugh.

"Soooo I think I'm gonna pass out. Maybe we could just chill here for a while or something. Or you could go on or something if they catch up to us, I don't really blame you." I leaned my head back against a tree and took deep breaths, trying to stay conscious. This was the most fatigued I'd ever been.

"So. What's your deal? You probably already have a good guess at mine. Storms follow me. Those comics where somebody has a rain cloud hovering over them, and just them...always kinda resonated with me."

I wasn't that concerned about being left behind, really. I entertained no delusions that he considered me a valuable asset, but was just enjoying the rest. As weary as I was, I didn't mind being found by an angry mob at this point. I'd probably pass out before they could do anything to me, at any rate.

Quote :
Shade, don't make fun of him, it's not his fault. We both know your swag is so great even straight men want a piece of you.

Musings- The IC - Page 3 Siggeh1proto

This signature WASN'T made by me. Thanks to MGS True Fans
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2013, 10:15 pm

Funny how a simple question can cut right to the truth of the matter, isn't it? 'Don't you ever get lonely?' That's... well, probably the defining question of my life, isn't it? Then again... being lonely implies expecting otherwise, doesn't it? So am I lonely? I wasn't sure. So I decided to respond to the first part, and keep going if I thought of something else to say.

"It's remarkable what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it, you know. Given the time I've no doubt you could make something like this too. Besides, 'fortress' implies it's protection. I don't really need that. I just need them to not notice. Out of sight, out of mind, right?"

As I spoke I prepared to head out and lay down traps, and a thought struck me. 'Hide in basements every night'. She needs to hide out? It's funny how fast a mind can run when it's decided what conclusion it wants. I guess that'll be something to watch out for, won't it? Any sign at all would make this easier.

I gathered up a few traps, slung my food bag up into a tree, and prepared to leave to set some traps. I paused, considering. "It does get a little lonely, yeah. But it's worth it. Still, though. Would you like me to teach you a little about trapping?"

Patches wrote:
MoonlightDreams wrote:
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

Cameron

I really can't put this into words....

I'm trying to get the hell out of here, and she's talking her metal ass off. Believe me, I try not to be rude but I can't stand someone who just talks and talks and talks. Well, she saved my ass back there so I can get through a bit of talking for the sake of getting the hell away from this life. Heh, hell. Now that I think about it the talking isn't the worst thing she could be doing right now. I'll be polite and talk to her.

"Yeah. This would be a good time to get some food." I had forgotten where we're going to go... Canada or Mexico. God DAMMIT now the car got me mixed up.

I looked back and saw that I said that we're going either way. I would like to go to Canada since I'm not exactly good with the Spanish language. "I remember that we're going to Canada, May. It is a bit exciting on the run from the law like this... I would be enjoying this if I wasn't in fear for my life. Fuck... and if we are about to get captured remember this; you're a car they won't try to grab you if you pretend to be dead--- I mean not alive."

Where you can find me: Deviantart l Steam l Tumblr l
Musings- The IC - Page 3 Ezgif-1975809386_zpsdr5xwevs
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2013, 7:20 pm

Becky -Con't-

Wow; this is probably the longest entry I've ever written. Just occurred to me.
It's a good thing that I have another hundred or so pages in this thing. It's nice to keep a record of your thoughts and experiences, y'know? Plus, you never know when you might need to flip back through your pages and find something...

Anyway, back on topic—Aaron here didn't seem too lonely. Then again, I figured that anyone living out here on their own didn't care too much for company. That or he was used to it by now. Both made sense.

And then he said something that made me raise an eyebrow.

"I just need them to not notice"

Them? What, was he being pursued? Probably by those thugs that had tied him up... So he was out here hiding, was that it? Huh. In that case, this little shabby shack made a pretty good base of operations. I crossed my arms, smirking a little; I should have had an idea like this ages ago. It'd be a helluva lot easier to stay in one place then moving around every damn night.

"Trapping, huh?" I said, "...Sounds...pretty good, actually. It'd be useful to know how to feed myself in case I ever get shoved out here...ha ha." Or in case I had no choice. "We're not goin' out to wrestle any gators or anything, are we?" I added as a joke.

Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

I considered answering seriously, and quickly- I had no need for sentiment, and food was enough of a concern to justify heading out immediately. Still, something made me be courteous before, and I would continue to be so.

"Well, maybe, but I'm not sure we'll find them this far from the rivers. Bears, though. You've not lived until you've thrown a headlock on a bear. Then again, you probably won't after, either." I smirked at my humor, before leading the way through the single "easy" entrance to... home... dear god I need a name for this place. Maybe I'll ask her... Anyway, I lead the way, and soon enough we were back in the forest proper. I glanced backwards, impressed, as always, with how the canopy shielded it from above, and the hedges and trunks hid it from the front, sides, and back. It was the perfect disguise, mostly because it didn't look like one, due to my slow cultivation if shrubs and other small plants throughout the forest.

Patches wrote:
MoonlightDreams wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- The IC
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: IC Stock :: Old IC-