WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The American Front

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 6:49 am

The early 1900s. Immigrants from all over the world were moving to the United States of America in hopes of a better life. Colored men and women swung in time to the ragtime tunes plinked out in Harlem and other centers of music. Times were a-changing, and a-changing quickly. In Europe, the dark shadow of Balkan nationalism loomed over the continent. The world was teetering at the brink of war, daring any fool thing in the Balkans to light the spark that would detonate the powder keg of Europe.

But they did not know that yet.

The year is 1913. Harry Houdini is still performing his escape acts. The archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria is still alive. The Bolsheviks are far, far away from their takeover.

Now, our story begins when Houdini accidentally unleashes a force that could destroy the world.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The death of his mother triggered a series of events that eventually led to Houdini's turn to the supernatural. He visited mediums. He filtered out the false psychics who claimed to be able to see the future, the dead, and other stereotypical crystal-ball-hoodoo-voodoo magic. But Houdini's searches became dark and twisted. Houdini had no idea where he was going. It was as if he were feeling around under the ground, with no idea what he was searching for. He saw people who claimed the most unholy ideas, those even flipping the boundaries of every religion that existed on the Earth at that time.

But what the great escapist did not know was that as he delved further and further into his investigations, the more and more correct the people he questioned became...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to "The American Front," a World War I-era fantasy RP! Teetering at the edge of the Great War, our heroes (that's you people) will face dark dangers that would make mustard gas hide under the pillow in fear. Sure there were four main causes of the Great War--militarism, alliances, imperialism, and nationalism--but what the books don't tell you is that America is the source of the world's crisis... but we'll delve into that later.

You'll face demons of all sorts. Creatures from the very depths of Tartarus itself! The terrifying ghosts and goblins that would make Chuck Norris shake in his Texas Ranger boots. The battle for the world takes place in Europe, but the battle for humanity takes place on...

THE AMERICAN FRONT.

Rules:
-Please follow the rules. They are there so that we can have fun without getting at each others' throats.
-RP formalities (no godmodding, metagaming, Mary-Sue characters, etc.)
-I will let you know when you can insta-kill something. Until then, don't insta-kill anything. In fact, I will have a designated list of insta-kill creatures.
-If you read the rules, type "Joplin" in the "Other" section of your character sheet.
-Please stay relevant to the time period. We don't want any anachronisms like Henry Ford dancing Gangnam Style.
-If you want to use real historical figures, just ask. (Please make sure they were alive in 1913.)
-Characters can die of old age. A 99-year-old geezer's probably not going to live through World War I.
-Have fun.

NAME:
APPEARANCE: (Please make at least a paragraph long.)
ETHNICITY: (This affects character interactions. Back then, some people were very nice and others were really racist.)
BIOGRAPHY: (Please make at least a paragraph long. That does NOT mean just three sentences like you learned in second grade. Be descriptive so that we know how to interact with your character!)
PERSONALITY: (This one can be shorter, just give us enough to know what your character's like.
OTHER:

Keep this in mind: we do have a common goal, but this is really more of a directed sandbox. Heck, defect to the villains, for all I care. Make things interesting.

Last edited by EropsToad on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 10:08 am

Hey, this is a pretty cool idea! I might write up a sheet :3
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:02 pm

By all means, do so.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Jun 2013, 3:09 am

This is really intriguing; I just have to come up with a character.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2013, 6:13 am

Rather enticing. It offers a chance to see...

Henry Ford dancing to Gangnam style.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2013, 11:52 am

LegionOfShadows wrote:
Rather enticing. It offers a chance to see...

Henry Ford dancing to Gangnam style.

OH U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The American Front Empty
PostSubject: Re: The American Front   The American Front I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The American Front
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: