WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Megaverse - Multiverse RP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

Megaverse - Multiverse RP Empty
PostSubject: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 12:21 am

Hello there, welcome to the Megaverse: The Criss Cross Conspiracy. An RP I've been cooking up for months now but only had the urge to start up now. Now, this RP is basically (In case you didn't get it from the title) a multiverse. Each of them are unique in their own way. Some are sci-fi, some are fantasy, some are like our world. All of them are different. These worlds are inhabited by an uncountable amount of champions. Whether good or evil, these champions stand head and shoulders above the other inhabitants of their universe. There were barriers placed to keep the universes separate - But, for some reason, this barrier was broken; causing portals to open in some of the universes. Goatse-style. Therefore, causing the Champions of these universes to spill out on to each other's worlds. Either, these champions will try to forge alliances with each other, or conquer each other's worlds. No matter what happens, a threat will loom that will unite them.

This RP will mostly be sandbox-y with an emphasis on the characters. I mean this RP will be very character driven, instead of plot driven. The plot won't be too complex, nor will it be a focus. This RP will be more about action, and the characters. First the cast will start off in one universe, and as the RP goes along, we'll move on to the player created universes as the plot thins thickens.

Spoiler:

Universe Sheet:

Psst... This is a reminder that universe sheets are optional.

Champion Sheet:

Mr Allen J/Lonestar

New Earth

Mr Allen J/Lonestar

Samson
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 2:35 pm

Does anyone even want to do this?

Or did I just post this here for nothing?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm

I'm up for it, I just can't really concentrate on anything this weekend. People keeping dragging me around. It's like I don't have a whole lot of time to myself anymore. Grumbles.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2014, 10:17 pm

Accepted Jazztrap.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2014, 1:47 pm

Oooh! You know, I think this would be an excellent opportunity to throw some of the characters I've had for a while now and never really put out there in a live-fire course! Lemme hit those sheets!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm

Very good, Mata. Accepted.

Yours is accepted too, Lieo.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 8:26 am

Do you think anyone else is interested in participating?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 11:34 am

I don't really know.

I guess I'll start the IC soon, then.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm

Sounds good.

@Mata,
You put in alternation of generations! Seperately-living gametophytes and sporophytes! Though I'm not entirely confident that the blue/green ones are the gametophytes, unless there's two stages of genetic recombination.

How do cristat skeletons and circulatory system function in their larger instances? What do the inexplicable half-human half-plant/bug hybrids have to do with crows and kin?

These unreliable sightings of extraordinary beings are lovely.

How do the madár get off the ground? How does anyone learn quickly enough to function normally despite short lifetimes and forgetfulness throughout?

I look forwards to any pictures.

Am curious how the cast might find themselves interacting with these groups. Provided they don't mind either sticking around or dying quickly. I guess taking a third option in that regard could be a quest.

Also, if nobody minds, that's not all I'm curious about.

@Lieo,
How did Damon get into hacking - both the skillset and the community? Before or after the bees took up residence?

@Mr Allen J,
How long does it take Samson to rise from his ashes? Does he reset to 25 years of age each time? What happens if his ashes are locked in a small box, or water is poured on them?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 2:32 pm

Aaah thank you for questions this actually really helps build the place up and make it all seem more realistic :D

For how the larger cristats function - flexibility! Their skeletal systems are networked by tissues that almost resemble muscles in their ability to contract and relax, although this isn't controlled but rather happens as a natural response to stress. This makes it much harder for cristats to actually break bones - they can't stand up to as much force as a human bone, but instead of breaking at that point they bend or compress to become 'squished' instead of properly broken, which makes for quicker natural healing - but when a bone is put under enough stress in the right place, it'll not only fracture at the fulcrum but (probably) at other points all throughout it as well, as a result of the rest of the bone tissue trying to overcompensate! Cristats aren't as heavy as they look, partially on account of remarkably efficient tissue structures, and partially because instead of a liquid the fluid they use in their circulatory system is gaseous and as dense as human blood. Cristats have two hearts to pump this around and take in air not only through their mouth (sidenote: cristats, despite being complex creatures, have no anus and the mouth is used for all of eating, breathing, expelling waste, and expelling genetic material for mating) but through glands on their skeleton as well, which at the microscopic level is covered with dips, channels, and even minute 'hairs' all for the purpose of extending the surface area and thus the amount of air it can take in. All this requires a lotta energy, so they have to eat a lot, as well as sunbathe (they're cold-blooded so they don't overheat from the inside)!

The corvids - well, really only in the way they think and organize social structures! For tribes that are technologically primitive by comparison, they're very smart and organize themselves into different roles like food gatherers, lookouts, militia, etc. just like their namesakes.

Why thank ya! Some of those are of real creatures that are not yet discovered, and a lot are just hoaxes or previously-known animals mistaken for cryptids.

The madár's bone structure resembles that of a bird, and they even have small air sacs, but as well as their wings being just massive, they aren't naturally supposed to be able to fly. Lotta those hybrid species could almost be described as 'freaks of nature.' Thousands of these typesa species have formed, due to aforementioned and not-yet-understood 'magic,' and only a relative few survive. The madár, they can't fly without outside assistance - they're only around because they learned to create and develop cloaked outfits resembling basejumping suits, increasing air resistance enough to allow them to stay aloft so long as they're flapping, too. It's still a lot of energy to exert even with the cloak's ability to glide, so most of the time they rely on finding the right air currents to actually navigate in the air, and needless to say they can't take off from the ground. Which is one reason why they hate to come down to the surface so much! But yeah, they also have to eat a lot, and their digestive system's rigged to peel off every darn ATP they can find from whatever they eat, even taking apart cartilage. Of course that process takes a while, and so in order to fly, the madár have to either hit the washroom first - or, if they don't have to go yet and it's an emergency, trigger an emergency reaction regurgitate whatever's currently in the system and spit it out in the form of a smelly white pellet. At least once this ability has been used as an offensive tactic, much to the attacker's dismay.

Wait, crap, I meant to put age more slowly. Whiskeyjack's been stumbling around in there for like three hundred years now. But yeah, the memory loss doesn't so much make it hard to learn as it does to retain; it can set in as soon as a decade after entering Horizon but most commonly starts around the time an organism would ordinarily die, suggesting that whatever's in the air that prolongs life doesn't work quite as well on certain brain cells for whatever reason! At first it eats away at your oldest memories and the stuff that has the least connections attached to it, but in the later stages of its exponential growth (major symptoms generally start at abooout 2-2.5x the normal lifespan, but some - like the limpkin oh poop I forgot to put them in the post lemme go do that now real quick - are more resistant and may live for 30-50x longer than normal before it seriously kicks in) almost all memory up to where you were ten minutes ago begins to get hazy and only the most serious memories survive. Eventually your body just forgets how to function and you might forget how to eat, breathe, digest food, or that pain means you should stop doing something.

Anyway I'm always happy to answer more questions cause that right there was really fun to do! Thank you sincerely mate!

And gawsh, if it ever comes to people actually going into Horizon, I'd sure be thrilled to throw some of the characters at ya! With the sheets I've seen, youse guys'd handle yourselves just fine, and the interaction'd be great! :D

(Also I am legitimately super excited to be playing with Damon again. Missed the guy, to be honest ^^)
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

JazzTap wrote:
@Lieo,
How did Damon get into hacking - both the skillset and the community? Before or after the bees took up residence?
Ah, I forget that this might not be the model sheet I built upon with all of the information I put on him. He was interested in computers at an early age, a while before he became impoverished. He was kicked out from home once his powers began manifesting (because ew seriously what a freak) which was around the late teen years and lived on the streets for a while, finding shelter at orphanages now and again, motels, that sort of thing. He came across this place that was attempting to replicate the Hole-in-the-Wall project in India, which was substantially less effective since homelessness is less severe in America, but benefited Damon nonetheless. Though he was already good with computers before he was kicked out but was able to learn some tricks and generally get better at learning how to operate computers. Plus, with a laptop, it was mobile. He could easily find ways to make money with it. So eventually he stole a laptop set and later a wireless hotspot.

He learned how to tinker with it eventually, mooching of motel wifi networks whilst doing so. He first focused on getting the wifi to do what he wants without a plan and connect straight to a satellite with a scrambled IP thanks to some tricks he learned in deep web, something he had researched quite well. So with that, he could get payed modestly for petty measure. Some stuff for pocket money and on the job experience, using different deep web locations as resources. This would give him money to help him feed and clothe himself, leaving some left over to get parts and stuff so that he can modify his own computer. He naturally becomes better over time and learns how to hack efficiently and gets jobs anonymously through deep web.

Like, I cover this a lot better on this other sheet, but I think it got destroyed somehow. This is a really rough cover of how he got into it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm

JazzTap wrote:

@Mr Allen J,
How long does it take Samson to rise from his ashes? Does he reset to 25 years of age each time? What happens if his ashes are locked in a small box, or water is poured on them?

1. A few days.

2. Yes, he does revert back to a certain age.

3. In the case of being locked in a small box; his resurrection would be obstructed, and he won't be able to rise until he's out. In the case of water, depends on how much is poured on him. If it's a small amount, then it'll delay his transformation for a while. If they get drenched, then he prolly be killed for good.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2014, 11:21 pm

Shit, really sorry for not posting here yet, I've been caught up in other things.

I promise I'll start the IC soon.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2014, 11:42 pm

I'm game. Got a new character idea for this.

Sign on the dotted line, gentlemen, and all your troubles will melt away.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 12:36 pm

Okay, so I was talking to Al last night about The Broker and I think I need to clear one thing up about his power. Allen asked me "what if something doesn't have a soul?" to which I intelligently replied "I dunno". But now I do.

Okay, so I know not everyone will agree on this, but in my eyes (for this rp) I have decided such; anything that is biological in nature and can die has a soul. It's not confined to humans or sentients. From the looks of it, every character here has a soul (though with Delta it's kind of a tossup). Even cyborgs, since they're not entirely robotic, have a soul. The only way that a character would not have a soul is if they are artificially made robots. Anything else has a soul. Things without a soul, like robots, will not be able to sign The Broker's contracts (the pen they write with won't produce any ink if they don't have a soul). Just clearing that up so that later people don't get pissy. Also, with the escape clauses in the contracts, note that The Broker isn't going to tell you what they are. Marshall will be able to find skipcodes or anagrams in the contracts and will tell you what the clause is. If your character wants to find it themselves, pm me about it, though if your character doesn't know what they're looking for, then they will need to be extremely intelligent. If your character signs over more than 51% of their soul, escape clauses will not help you and your character will die. Note that The Broker won't tell you what percent of your soul he has (though the contracts will state what percent of your soul you give to him). He won't keep track for you.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 10:06 am

Really excited for this IC to go up! ^^ Anyone know where we'll all be starting out? Or will that be up to us, just somewhere in New Earth?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm

https://rpproject.rpg-board.net/t695-megaverse-the-ic#28278

Started the IC. I know it's half assed, and I have no excuses, but try to introduce your characters, then I'm going to try to go somewhere with it.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm

Marshall is free for character interaction.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 3:19 pm

Awesooome! Thanks mate! I'm really excited for this!
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 12:35 am

He. Whiskeyjack sounds kind of cute to me. He just seems kind of...innocent, I guess, like a child who just got back from playing in the mud.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 1:28 am

I must confess I diiiid envision him meeting the Broker and Broker easily tricking him into selling 100% of his soul. xP

EDITED FOR LESS BIOSHOCK

Last edited by Mata on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 8:27 am

Broker*

Lol. And then The Broker tries to drag him to Hell and Whiskeyjack is just like "nah, brah." and The broker spends the rest of the RP trying to figure out how he did that.

I'm working on a third character who's a vampire/succubus kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

Whoops I meant Broker. D:
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 9:18 pm

Hehehe. The Broker is going to LOVE Delta.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm

I'll def post here soon. Probably have Samson investigate the destroyed van and monster running about.

I should make more characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaverse - Multiverse RP   Megaverse - Multiverse RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megaverse - Multiverse RP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next