WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Mass Effect: Hired Guns

Go down 
+4
Mr Allen J
Admiral Ji
Patches
Snowy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 9:17 am

But you see, doctors tend to go to places where doctory stuff is done. It's where the money is! I'm not sure if we should trust a doctor that goes out on a mercenary ship.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 10:04 am

I've already reasoned that. I'm not actually like licensed, or anything. And this I do this for charity reasons. The captain let me hitch a ride and eat your food, in exchange for also being the ship's doctor with no pay. When we get somewhere, you all go do your jobs, while you're gone I try to help people. This obviously changes when captain dies.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 10:42 am

Are you going to cook to food too, or are we going to be eating microwave meals? Hmmm?!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

I believe Eo elected himself Mess Sergeant. At least now, I also don't require my own separate supply of food.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 1:26 pm

What? We're going to have a human onboard, because logistics?

(edit: Nevermind, sorry. Will save loud outbursts for the IC because otherwise, if they're not actually funny, they reflect poorly on my character.)

...oh, sweet, I found a button on my character to push. Looking forward to the description, so that I can learn to draw everyone.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm

I look forward to the artwork! I'm excited to see what you end up producing.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

Hey cool, you want to draw everyone's character? Thanks, just for the notion.

No it's mostly because I realized the quarian had basically no personality in my head, and I figured it'd be better this way.

And on some level, yes. There are so many things that are basic functions of sentient creatures that I would be unable to describe or even talk about, because the setting never addresses them, and it'd get confusing. So one some level, Quarian logistics did put me off on the idea.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 1:59 am

Hup, there we go. First pass. If something's awry, drop me a note.

Ji: Having punted on Bere, I'll try to have a go at your doctor promptly once he's up.

Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 Turenk%20v0%20thumb Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 T%27ella%20v0%20thumbMass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 Ger%27tak%20v0%20thumbMass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 Kla%20v0%20thumb

What do quarians have to worry about, really, aside from the proper use of straws, the linking of suits, and in-suit evacuation procedures? ...not to press the issue.

Last edited by JazzTap on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 3:06 am

How exactly does one open only this part of the suit to do basic medical procedures? How do I eat? Where does the medigel go? How does it go there in hectic situations? There are other, more silly observations I've made that would never be brought up in an actual rp, like how do they clip the nails they have, or cut the hair they possess? And the bathroom, dear lord. Considering one Quarian uses "suitwetter" as in insult, we must assume all routine bodily functions require medicine so as to not infection. Or allergic reaction, whichever. Honestly though this isn't really an issue, I just don't have anything character wise going for the poor guy.

Besides, every space party needs a hooman. Though I won't lie, he'll probably be fairly generic. Or not I don't know. I tend to make generic characters, I try not to.

Nice artwork. I can't really art critic or I'd comment more in depth. Much better than anything I could do.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2014, 10:42 am

That looks really good. Nice job Jazz!

Well shucks Ji, don't be too diddly darn hard on yourself. Just make yer roarin', tootin', ol' country doctor n' I'm sure we y'all n' the others over yonder would be impressed.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 12:00 am

Wow Jazz that almost perfectly matches the design I drew up! Nice job indeed.
Back to top Go down
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 2:54 am

Name: Modain Reldivasse
Species: Turian
Biotic: N

Description:
Being a Turian, Modain has the body structure of other Turians, although standing considerably taller than most, at around 7ft 2in. His facial plates look somewhat more angular than other Turians', although he is missing most of the plates on his forehead. His left mandible is also somewhat shorter than it should be, and lacking plates on most of it. His eyes are a light gray-blue, and are set like the average Turian's. He usually wears a heavily plated helmet, mainly designed for blocking blunt force, rather than bullets, although it is still air-tight..
His armor is heavy, colored a deep crimson in a vaguely web-like pattern, with a long, straight case on the left hip, housing a sword of human design. The armor is battered, having seen wear from many years in the Turian military. Perhaps he's held onto it for sentiment? Regardless, it is air-tight and offers good protection, although only somewhat better at stopping bullets than the helmet. It has the same luxuries as any given set of armor, such as kinetic barriers, among other things.
His "casual wear" is, in reality, only a slightly lighter set of armor, colored beige, with a cracked chest-piece and no kinetic barriers.

Racial dispositions: Like most Turians, Modain is not exactly fond of krogans, finding them brutish, and not having forgotten the history between the two races. Despite this, he is only cautious toward krogans, as opposed to openly hostile toward them. Other than that, he finds vorcha and volus to be annoying, and he harbors some animosity toward humans. Other than that, he is indifferent to most other races.

History: Turians are a militaristic race, and their young usually begin life the same. Such is the case with Modain Reldivasse. His life was the same as most Turian's. He served until he became of age to be delegated to reserve, and he began to travel the galaxy. His travels took him to all sorts of places. His first major location to visit was Tuchanka.

The ship, old and worn as it was, was reliable, Modain thought to himself. It had gotten him from the Citadel all the way to Tuchanka without more than two near-meltdowns. A new record. His travelling companion, a young Quarian woman by the name of Quil'vos, was handy with the ship's inner-workings as he wasn't. He was best with the weapons, as it tended to be, and he could never calibrate the weapons, what little they were, to fire perfectly. It infuriated him, and when someone with greater mechanical expertise happened to offer him assistance, he gladly accepted. Seeing as they were both trying to accomplish similar goals, her Pilgrimage, and his need to learn about the galaxy, they became traveling companions. It was because of Quil that he hadn't died yet. He hoped he could repay that to her someday.
Tuchanka was a wasteland, although it was hardly uninhabited. Krogans were all over the place, if they knew where to find you. The wildlife was a monster of its own, though. Thresher Maws were a great concern if you ever ventured out of krogan inhabited areas. Modain never did. His interests lay with the krogans, not the wildlife, regardless of their similarities.

"Quil, what are you working on, that requires you to make so much noise?" Modain's complaints were quickly silenced when Quil poked her head into the small room. It was a small ship, the only one he could afford if he'd actually wanted to go somewhere, and because of this, there were only three separate rooms. One was the bridge, one was the bunker, or what passed as one, and one was the engineering suite for the weapons. Everything else was accessed by the bridge, considering how small it was.
"I am attempting to calibrate the weapons, to see how you could so enjoy it." Her voice, despite the enviro-suit mask, was laced with snark.
"That's a lie and we both know it. What are you actually doing?" Modain hadn't slept in what felt like days, and he knew he was close to falling asleep in the pilot's chair, so he went into the bunker to try and sleep.
"I will let you know when it is finished, now hush, you are ruining my concentration. I will make an attempt to keep the noise down." This time, as far as Modain could hear, she was sincere. The noise did in fact become a little quieter, but it still wasn't enough. Considering his lack of sleep, he figured monotony would help him rest. So, he began to pick at his left mandible. His hands were dirty, but he didn't have the time to clean them, inbetween piloting the ship and trying to catch a few moments of sleep. They would be at Tuchanka not long from then, and he needed to be well rested for then. Krogan's didn't like it when turians showed up. Especially on their home planet. Eventually, he did manage to drift off to sleep.
When he woke again, they were orbiting the krogan homeworld, Tuchanka. It was a bad idea to even go near it if you were a turian, but Modain had to see it at least once up close.

The visit to Tuchanka was uneventful, thankfully. It had been as others described. Desolate, ruined, and filled with things that want you dead. It had been a learning experience, certainly. Seeing the devastation made an impact, but he knew that what the turians did was right. He had seen it with his own eyes, and he had made his judgement. But there was still more to see.

It had been something of interest to him for as long as he knew of the human race. Modain had a certain fascination with the cultures of other species. It was not much different in the case of the humans. He had a particular fascination for them because of their relative recency on the galactic scale. It was because of this, that, on a visit to the Citadel, he came across a piece of human history; an old, worn sword. The man who was selling it spoke of it seeing many a different war back on earth, and he spoke of a culture not unlike the turians. He also spoke of its cost, and his reasons for the sale of such a weapon. He had lost his livelihood as a trader, and his prized possession was all he had to try and rebuild his life. That was why the cost of the blade was, in most cases, would be far too extreme.

A piece of history, to Modain, was worth the price. The purchase left him without much more than a couple credits, and the fuel remaining in the old ship. So, he needed a job. One that would let him see the galaxy, and one that would pay well enough to let him live. So, going to the one place where work was always available, Omega, and parting ways with Quil, allowing her to take what few credits he had left in addition to the ship, and him recieving a gift of a modified helmet from her, she left him in the hive of intergalactic scum to find a job. After only three to five run-ins with thugs who were interested in robbing him of his new blade. He managed to get a pistol off one of them, as he had to sell his own to even have a small amount of credits.

He eventually found work on a merc ship.

(Done, I think.)

Personality: Quiet, but not afraid to talk when the situation calls for it. He feels nothing for killing, although he has no problem with it either. Sometimes he thinks too quickly and jumps to conclusions. He's a bit arrogant, but he's not a horrible person. A bit paranoid sometimes, but he maintains the "turian honor" that most turians have. Well, most of it.

Marketable Skills: He isn't exactly a bad pilot, although he is hardly amazing at it. His preferred method of dealing with a situation is trying to talk it out, but he is fast with his sword and his pistol when a situation can't be resolved with words. Also, intensely curious about other species' cultures and histories.

So, new character, because I didn't like what I had already. I also figured we could use a turian character. Done, if it's good.

Last edited by Solace Goddark on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 11:34 am

While having two people who know how to fly a ship is a good thing, I wouldn't suggest making that your main schtick, since that was Jazz's specialty first.

Jazz: Sweet, that looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 12:42 pm

I said he wasn't exactly amazing at it, what I meant was, we could probably use him as a backup if needed, but he certainly won't be the one doing most of the flying.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

Thanks, all.

Solace, we probably could use a negotiator. Potentially also a navigator or theoretician (sociology-trained cultural ambassador?), if either strikes your fancy.

And it shouldn't hurt to have a copilot (or shuttle pilot, if our operation someday scales up that far), although those might not be very exciting as primary roles.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 2:53 pm

Sociological cultural talky person is kind of a side thing I've got going on! Just need to finish the description.

Talky being less defined though. I'm trustworthy, Patches is set to bluff, and Kappin' Krogan can probably be intimidating with his sheer presence. We'll have the social skills covered.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 3:43 pm

Ooh, hm. How about trading skills, then? Appraisal, bartering, contract negotiation, and inventory control. Maybe those'd cover the set.

Not to play down the value of theory-based skills. Surely we're not also full up on scientists.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jan 2014, 3:52 pm

It was less sciencey, more "an interest in other cultures because mine is kind of terrible." but...

Honestly, I do this a lot. Eo knows it, we game together a lot, as time passes when I make a sheet, but have not actually started using it, the probability of me flopping to a new concept eventually becomes a 100% chance... and then mid working on that, I start flopping around more, and more, and more.

So I'm just going to nip this now. I'm not going to submit a new sheet. I'm going to stay the course. Quarian merc it is. I'm just going to resist the urge to try anything different. I apologize for any inconvenience generated by me being me.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 10:36 am

Sounds good. When will we start?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 4:37 pm

Soon. Giving Poke another day or so.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

I shall await any further news, then.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 9:18 pm

He did make that Turian last page, is he not finished?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 9:32 pm

The tail end of his sheet features "(Work in Progress)" so... I'm assuming he isn't.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 6:44 am

We're starting tomorrow/today at some point, once I put some severe thought into OP. I got sidetracked into a project that I think y'all will like.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 10:36 pm

And there we go, we're rolling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect: Hired Guns   Mass Effect: Hired Guns - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect: Hired Guns
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next