WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!



 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Share
 

 The Act

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Mar 2014, 5:22 pm

ACT I, SCENE I - OUT OF THE COLD

The rumblings of a large, breathy engine fade in from the distance and soon the grind of wheels on gravel emanate from stage right. Shortly the wheels halt; the engine cuts. The curtain opens onto the grounds of a large but dilapidated country manor. It is the dead of night.

A guard in a faded red jacket stands anxiously at the courtyard gate as five prisoners - some with luggage, some without - are escorted towards him by three men. Beams from the truck, still lit, cast long shadows through the iron bars across the lawn.  All save the guard at the gate have just come from a two and a half hour truck ride through the hills. This guard produces a flashlight from his rucksack and straightens his back as .

LEV: Good evening, sir! Lev Farkas.

<He salutes as he states his name.>

LEV: How many are there? They said - the Head said that there would be more coming from Segitseg. I'm surprised that you got here this early, sir.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

Posts : 322
Join date : 2013-08-13

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

The group of eight is in partial silhouette. Beyond the manor's lights, their features are barely distinguishable.

One of the five - female, well-dressed, with dark hair and a loose tongue - flinches as the flashlight's beam dances over the prisoners' faces.


SOIJKA (murmured, possibly to EMIL): Oh, we're first. How lovely.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

ALEXEY:  There are five, sir.  I am Alexey Dmitrikohv.

FELIX (whispers to SOIJKA):  Be still, or we'll be the first all right.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
For those that break our hearts; who hurt our self-esteem; who think nothing of us; who don't want to hurt us, but do anyways; For those we love, who don't know the meaning of the word...

Have a nice day.


Last edited by Balu on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2014, 6:08 am

<Lev grasps Alexey's hand and gives it a single shake. He glances over the five prisoners as if they are five boxes to be moved.>

LEV: Five, that's good. We can put them all in the... I'd say in the dining room. We can move the chairs out.

LEV: <He produces a clipboard and pen from inside his jacket and hands them to Alexey.> Please, get them to sign their names... here, and have them put their sex and age, too.

LEV: Why do some of them have luggage? See, there? Take those bags away once we get to the door. <Saluting again, he opens the gate with a rusty creak and strides quickly off down the front walk towards the manor, which looms large and black before him.

<Arfur glances around himself nervously.>
ARFUR (to FELIX): Well I, for one, won't be still. I'm not supposed to be here, you see, I'm just a teacher...

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

Posts : 322
Join date : 2013-08-13

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2014, 3:58 pm

SOIJKA (to FELIX): Ahaha. Ha.

<She huffs and looks pointedly away. Though her eyes meet the teacher's for a moment, she breaks the contact.>

<When the guard swings back around, her stance puffs with defiance.>

SOIJKA (to ALEXEY): Do you seek to loot our possessions, now? What is this eagerness to take what is by right not yours?

<And yet, her hand is outstretched to take the pen. Who is she to deny the value of good recordkeeping?>
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2014, 12:32 pm

<ALEXEY hands the pen to SOIJKA, giving her a bored expression.>

ALEXEY (to SOIJKA):  I think you should just hand them over.  You may think us crude animals, but I assure you I am not.  Besides, there are others without luggage, and you are prisoners after all.

<ALEXEY turns to face the others>

ALEXEY:  You heard the man, Name, Sex, Age, pass it down.  Head to the manor I suppose when you are done.

ALEXEY (to a Guard, not LEV):  You there, would you take their luggage as they reach the door?

ZORA (to ARFUR):  And I'm just a shoemaker, but I hardly think our professions matter to them.

<EMIL tries to hide his luggage behind himself as if it would be simply overlooked.>

FELIX: Suit yourselves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
For those that break our hearts; who hurt our self-esteem; who think nothing of us; who don't want to hurt us, but do anyways; For those we love, who don't know the meaning of the word...

Have a nice day.


Last edited by Balu on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

Posts : 322
Join date : 2013-08-13

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2014, 10:04 pm

<Ms. Soijka looks up from her writing.>

SOIJKA: Yes, I'm the selfish one here, for insisting that we have rights.

SOIJKA: Being as we all hope to get back to our lives.

<She passes the prisoner manifest onwards, still glaring at the side of Alexey's head. She does not check whose chest it ends up thrusted against.>
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Apr 2014, 10:34 am

<Mikhal looks up as Alexey gets his attention. He nods as if to someone very far away.>
MIKHAL: Yes, yes I will.

<He begins to walk slowly down the line of prisoners and takes SOIJKA's bag with a grunt and an angry glare.>
MIKHAL: Excuse me.

ARFUR (to ZORA): You... A shoemaker? What do they need with a shoemaker here? Come, we must speak with them. They're not animals, after all, surely they will let us go. <He signs the prisoner manifest and hands it to ZORA. Despite his words, he is silent as MIKHAL passes by, shrugging to indicate he has brought nothing with him.>

MIKHAL (to EMIL, extending a hand): Excuse me, sir. I must have your bag.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Apr 2014, 3:21 pm

EMIL:  B-b-bag?  What- Oh all right.  Just be careful with it if you would, the contents are quite fragile.

< EMIL begins to lift the bag with what seems like a bit of struggle and hand it off to MIKHAL with some hesitation. >

ZORA (signing the paper):  Surely.  We should likely speak to the man with the flashlight.  He looked like he was in charge.

< She hands the manifest to FELIX, who takes the manifest with all the misgivings he might have with a pen that is not his own. >

FELIX:  What possible use could they have for our age?

< He hands it too EMIL, who signs it as well and hands it to NOVAK, a guard who didn't currently have his hands full. >

ALEXEY:  GOOD, now that that is settled... Ummm... To the manor.

ALEXEY(to MIKHAL): Do you need any assistance... < He motions to the bags, and pauses for a name.>

_______________________________________________________________________________________
For those that break our hearts; who hurt our self-esteem; who think nothing of us; who don't want to hurt us, but do anyways; For those we love, who don't know the meaning of the word...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Apr 2014, 10:16 am

<Mikhal takes the bag, brow wrinkled in suspicion.>

MIKHAL: Why? What is in this bag?

ARFUR (to ZORA): I... agree. Yes, we must speak with him. <He peers off down the path to the manor. He briefly looks back at Alexey's words but sighs lightly and sets off through the gate.

MIKHAL (to ALEXEY): Yes, oh yes, thank you. Call me Mika. <His wrinkled face manages a warm smile as he hands SOIJKA's bag over.>

MIKHAL: Here, if you would. I must search this man's bag... Pardon, but do you have a flashlight, ahh... <He, too, pauses for a name.>

<LEV, meanwhile, has returned from the manor door. He pushes past ARFUR, who tries to hail him, and walks straight up to SOIJKA. Though glaring into her eyes, he directs his words to the other guards.>

LEV: What did this one say? I saw from the door. What did she say, I ask?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw


Last edited by Szemetlada on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

Posts : 322
Join date : 2013-08-13

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Apr 2014, 12:43 pm

<Ms. Soijka's physiology prepares her to fight or flee, even though she's in no position to do either. Her words quaver only slightly.>

SOIJKA: I asked for mutual respect.

SOIJKA: And I have only cooperated, so whatever you're planning...

<Her expression says: You're insane, you're all insane.>
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Apr 2014, 11:31 pm

ALEXEY: Uhh, yeah here.

< He reaches to his waist and produces a large flashlight. Switches it on, and points the handle at MIKHAL>

ALEXEY: Name's Alexey. < He nodded.>

EMIL: Oh nothing really. Family heirlooms and portraits.

< He became very anxious, The bag didn't sound to be filled with cute antique vases or family photos, but metallic objects of a pure quality.>

< TOMAS walked up to LEV, handing him the manifest.>

TOMAS: She's said a lot. But I doubt she'll give us any trouble more than a headache. I mean really if they thought these individuals were dangerous, they would have stationed more guards. 4 guards for 5 prisoners. Ridiculous. < His expression showed he very much hoped he was right. He looked at SOIJKA and raised an examining eyebrow as he turned away to lead the other prisoners into the Manor.>

ZORA(To LEV, whether he notices is up to him): Ummm, excuse me. Me and this man here are not ministers or popular critics of the INP. I am a shoemaker and he is a teacher. What business does it serve to have us here?

< FELIX just strolled up following the guard TOMAS.>

FELIX (under his breath): Just do what they want and you can go home to you cat. You don't know anything other than what you put in the press. < He continued to mutter to himself.>

_______________________________________________________________________________________
For those that break our hearts; who hurt our self-esteem; who think nothing of us; who don't want to hurt us, but do anyways; For those we love, who don't know the meaning of the word...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm

<LEV, satisfied that SOIJKA is not a threat to him, sniffs loudly and steps out of her way.

MIKHAL: Oh. Oh, there's something in here.

<He adjusts his thing spectacles as he examines the objects.>

MIKHAL: I can't quite tell what it... Do you have the - oh, yes, thank you. <He takes the flashlight from ALEXEY and shines it into EMIL's bag.>

LEV (after taking the manifest from TOMAS, whispering thoughtfully): Yes. Ridiculous. <Rather than face TOMAS, he gazes out into the night with an arrogant sense of self-importance. When ZORA speaks, he turns slowly to look at her and ARFUR, then snorts and wipes his nose on a handkerchief from his pocket. With no further response he turns to follow TOMAS and FELIX up the path. The majority of the group soon reaches the great birch doors. LEV looks behind to make sure all the prisoners have followed.>

LEV (shouting, to MIKHAL, ALEXEY, and EMIL): What have you found, then, Mika? Alexey? What's in his bag?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Posts : 690
Join date : 2011-10-01
Age : 24
Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 8:17 pm

< From inside EMIL's bag the light is shined back.>

ALEXEY:  My word... < Then looks up at EMIL>  You really are a rich bastard aren't you?

< Inside the bag was a watch made of a golden material that lay upon a mirror of silver.  Beneath this it could be seen, wrapped in clothing and rags, assorted household items, most cast in silver or gold, lay comfortably in the heavy bag.>  

EMIL:  You see, just candlesticks and cups.

< ALEXEY reaches in and grabs a small golden knife.>

ALEXEY:  Tsk tsk tsk.  You've been carrying this the entire time?  Perhaps you have a little muscle under all that belly.  < He turned to look at MIKA>  Looks like a bunch of worthless weight to me.  What should we do?

< ZORA's face was covered in disgust, fury, then... a deep despair. She looked at ARFUR then back to LEV. Finally, she just looked at her feet.>

ZORA(in hushed murmur): Perhaps they are animals.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
For those that break our hearts; who hurt our self-esteem; who think nothing of us; who don't want to hurt us, but do anyways; For those we love, who don't know the meaning of the word...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-29
Age : 23
Location : Where the wind comes crashing down the plaaains

The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2014, 6:29 pm



MIKHAL: Oh. I think... you should take his knife. They can't have weapons.

LEV: I'll take it, Mika. Don't worry.

LEV: Go inside, then.

ARFUR (whispering, to ZORA): Perhaps... Perhaps we'd better wait until morning to speak with... with them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Act CGXx2Kw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Act Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Act   The Act I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
The Act
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: IC Stock :: Old IC-
Jump to: