WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Earthheart - OOC

Go down 
+5
Master of ImpZ
Gnd
Patches
JazzTap
Snowy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

Oh whenever you get the time, it's a masterpiece :3

Were y'all amenable to the Tangent Axis 2 / SGRP crossover that never took off, or would y'all like to see something different? o:
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 1:27 am

I remain emotionally invested in the crossover in question. (I suppose a 'last of own kind' subplot pertains to a 'societal upheaval' mainplot in terms of 'reviving own heritage in new form', which seems like a reasonable big-picture provided we file off the serial numbers in said cultural heritage.) Whether anyone else is, now that's another question.

Last edited by JazzTap on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Worked out how subplot pertains to mainplot.)
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2015, 1:30 am

I would love to talk more about TA and SGRP, but we should probs move that convo to another thread.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2015, 7:18 pm

So, I'm ready to timeskip when everyone else is (please post for confirmation!)

And don't worry guys, more action coming up soon. If anyone wants to use Mrorgain's contact as a way to introduce their character, PM me, else I've got someone of my own to use!

And above all, study and relax, study and relax. :P
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2015, 5:20 pm

Sanjan's sheet is on that little land bridge by Jehd, so assuming we go the route of the Great Ocean, we could probably meet them there.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 7:04 pm

Sorry for being so dissappeary. I don't really have an excuse. D:
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 10:07 pm

Finals dude. Finals are aaaaall our excuses. -u-
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 10:08 pm

I don't have finals for another 5 weeks though... I don't even have any midterms right now.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:12 pm

I'm not saying Kyra should totally have one of these, but she should totally have one of these http://art-of-swords.tumblr.com/post/118395565230/partisan-dated-circa-1680-geography-saxony

Or someone in her kingdom, I dunno, I saw it, thought of her.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:18 pm

That's super cool. What is it though? :o Like a dagger or a full sword or a spear head?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:34 pm

Oh okay yeah! Would be pretty cool to have all the ones the guard use look like that, :P If just for decoration.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:44 pm

That's freakin awesome! Does remind me of a royal sceptre :D
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 12:08 pm

Was helping a friend work on his essay earlier today, on an impulse changed the whole thing to MazdaiScript. His response:

"What the f***. Is this Japanese or some s***? Are these hieroglyphics? Is this f***ing Egyptian? What is this... Mazz-Day script? What the f*** is Mazz-Day!"

Heheheee
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 12:18 pm

We should feed make a font for it. :p even if it's not useable in the site
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 2:08 pm

That is beautiful. What did you tell him?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015, 9:07 pm

I posted the font somewhere on here, lemme find it Omni :D

I told him "Come take a look at this, man. I dunno what happened..."

Then we talked about turning it in to his professor like that, seeing what they said. :P
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2015, 9:02 pm

Feeling tempted to make a Microscope campaign and jump ahead/behind/sideways to new scenes that way. Clearly, this might interfere with Mata's planned slow reveals, but I feel the increased pace (and scope, potentially) would be worth it.

Quest for the Drives ⬤

Mrorgain the Rock learns the locations of five legendary flash drives, each containing a piece of the code which may save the world from an ancient demon.
  • Five Teams Are Dispatched

One succeeds in recovering a flash drive - jet black with white runes, - at the cost of the elf Dunlin's life. The others fare worse.

• When was Dunlin gone?
      Characters: Mrorgain and her companions. The Cobb.
      Answer: On the way back, suddenly. He suspected how, but no-one knows for certain. ◯

• Mrorgain's Last Hope ⬤

Balvadere is sent to recruit competent adventurers. He returns with the deadliest princesses of Minnendauer and also a couple of dudes.

• How did Balvadere recruit [XYZ]?
    • How were the skeletal wolves raised?

• How did the adventurers escape the forest ambush?
      Characters: Balvadere's recruits. A pack of skeletal wolves.
      Addtl' Characters: Balvadere in his jeep. Raizerr, the angel.
      Answer: By beating up the wolves, then driving the hell away from the otherworldly abomination. Balvadere is not permitted to commit heroic self-sacrifice.

• How was [XYZ] convinced to sign on?

Top-level headings are Periods. Mid-level headings are Events, which always contain an outcome. Bottom-level 'headings' are Scenes, which are RPed out to answer a question. Players take turns creating items (or nested pairs of them), according to the current Lens and Legacies.

I'll explain the rules properly if there's interest.

Incidentally, a Redditor has posted a lovely magpie in flight (click through to imgur).
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2015, 4:32 am

I've played Microscope before, could be fun. It's an interesting way to spend an afternoon if you can get everyone together on a googledoc.

Hey, magpie! They're cute birds, I like them. Saw one fly in front of my car, juuuust as I crossed the bridge to Washington, so, that was cool. Thanks for sharing the link.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2015, 10:58 am

What is a microscope campaign?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2015, 3:43 pm

Microscope is a tabletop RPG whose mechanics directly support the generation of a narrative - one that's coherent, not necessarily linear, at multiple timescales. The official site explains more poetically.

I was thinking of running it play-by-post, with a lax turn order. Scenes would be played out alongside the game's normal progression. Periods or Events should be easy to deploy, since each player develops theirs independently anyways.

Though, it's not hard to set up a Google Doc as a lobby. PiratePad might be less obtuse. Less formatting options, though, and easier to lose track of the link. I'll hold off 'till more weigh in. Eight people, then... assuming the scheduling ever works. More than the game's intended for, but the added downtime probably evaporates easily enough online.

Ooh, nice, Ji. Wild birds - to the extent that (sub)urban birds qualify, - are great. I suppose the random component of seeing anything (other than, say, sparrows and robins) makes it more fun. Supposedly there's other wild corvids around here, but I've only seen crows.
Back to top Go down
Gnd
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2015, 5:42 pm

I'll see if I can post today, though I'm not sure. I've been subtly trying to get JazzTap to remind me, but she's really bad at it.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 2:44 am

Truth be told, I've never seen a magpie anywhere urban. Then again, it was also years before I ever recall seeing my first pigeon. :p Crows and seagulls dominate the "urban scavenger" bird role here.

But yeah, I'd be reasonably up for microscope. They can either be fun, or, horrifically weird. Once, Earth was destroyed by a galactic spacebiker gang...
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 4:49 am

Hey, Microscope sounds fun - a way to lore-build and RP at the same time! I'm definitely down for it. So how would it work when we're dealing with characters none of us own, like Mrorgain's four failed crews? Or should I just check out the rules at that link. xP
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 3:16 am

Online threads indicate that weirdness depends on the group. I suppose we'll see! The world-ending space biker gang does not sound odd to me on account of this one webcomic / short story (Apothecia; scene 6 @ tumblr), but never mind that.

Microscope rules are paywalled unfortunately, and I have no digital copy. So... questions are good. Help me flake less.

Unowned characters (incl', potentially, Time Pressure) are claimed on a scene-by-scene basis, one per player, satisfying some list of required characters. Actually, in the rules-as-written, no-one owns any of the characters. The logic being that dead characters can still be explored via scenes set earlier in the timeline.

But this applies only to Periods and Events - in Scenes, the effect of any action taken upon a major character is determined by whomever plays that character, as typical. Also, since established facts should not be contradicted, it's possible to plot-armor any given character by involving them in some future thing.

(Obviously, it would never be prudent to kill off any character whose player is momentarily inactive in the game.)

Here's a PiratePad that I'll try to lurk. But my inclination is to make an IC thread for 'Microscope Cards' once we have more than 2/8 people. We could then play by post even if a meetup takes awhile to materialize.

Last edited by JazzTap on Sat 30 May 2015, 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Earthheart - OOC
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next