WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

New Theme for RPP?

Go down 
4 posters

Do you like this theme idea?
Yes.
New Theme for RPP? I_vote_lcap100%New Theme for RPP? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No.
New Theme for RPP? I_vote_lcap0%New Theme for RPP? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm

So this is something that I sent Patches and UrbanEvolution earlier today about a new theme for RPP. They asked me to post it here and see what you guys think.

So right now, we're rebuilding RpProject, right? And the banner says "Under construction". In addition to that, when I hear RpProject I think of something that is being built, like we're building a community. So I'm thinking it has a blueprint kind of theme. Keep the background dark (because the users like dark backgrounds) and then have the headers for the categories look like they're drawn on blueprint paper, blue lightly-gridded background with white words and the dotted lines and such that you see on a blueprint. You could do the same for the opening banner, and have architect marks on it (like dotted lines, right angles, little figured that say the height of things) as if the title is a building on a blueprint.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm

Oooh I love it! And for the little indicators by the forum name that show if there are new posts or not, we could have little scribbled boxes either empty or with check-marks/exes in them! :D
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm

That sounds pretty neat, actually. I'd like to see something of an example so I can get idea of how it would look. You know, like a paint chip that I could tape to the wall and stare at for an hour. Would it be like a deep obnoxious blue against a black or grey backdrop?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

It sounds good. c: I'd just be concerned about starting to look like a civil engineering forum not an to forum. Is there anything we can do to improve on this idea to distinguish? Potentially we could go more of the davinci route with like human diagrams and things.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We might need to lighten the background a *little* bit, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:47 pm

Oooh I'm with Omni. We could put sketches on the grid in the background, sketches of characters and scenes and other such things! We could even all contribute some to help make it our own! I'd recommend a little grayer, little darker blue - just so it's easy on the eyes - but I'm all for this :D
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:48 pm

Oooh, yeah, Omni raises a good point. Blueprints would make the forum look like it is devoted to engineering, not roleplay. DaVinci could work, but again, I'd need a paint chip.

That kind of blue next to dark colors looks like the contrast would be pretty steep and eye-hurting.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

Patches wrote:
Oooh, yeah, Omni raises a good point. Blueprints would make the forum look like it is devoted to engineering, not roleplay. DaVinci could work, but again, I'd need a paint chip.

That kind of blue next to dark colors looks like the contrast would be pretty steep and eye-hurting.

Now that I think about it, that probably would be kinda painful. The DaVinci thing would be cool too, though. I'd imagine you'd want a brownish-tanish for that.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

I'll see if I can come up with a paint chip - at least of what I'm thinking of - by next week! Then we can criticize it and come up with more chips. Bigger chips, better chips.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 3:55 pm

Yeah I was thinking like a brownish tan of like a faded old sheet of paper. Then the fonts could be like a dark grey lead kind of color. I don't think that'd be too painful to look at though I'd need to see it to be sure. If only we could get like a beta forum to test styles on.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm

Sorry to double post, but I'm home now and I have things. So what I'm thinking is a background like this.

And then maybe up near where the title of the forum is, put something like
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:00 pm

If we get UrbanEvolution over here, he can probably start figuring it out. I like the idea of the words and stuff being things on a blueprint, though, like with little marks of heights and dotted lines and such like an architect would make on a blueprint.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

Ømnivalence wrote:
Sorry to double post, but I'm home now and I have things. So what I'm thinking is a background like this.

And then maybe up near where the title of the forum is, put something like
I like that. Perhaps with a little less hairy schlong, but I like the overall theme.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm

Just delete the hairy schlong.
Just fucking delete it.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

Oh god. That's awful. :rdlaugh:
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2015, 5:31 pm

Patches wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That looks...excessive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Theme for RPP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theme for RPP?   New Theme for RPP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Theme for RPP?
Page 1 of 1