WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

What're you watching/reading right now?

Go down 
+5
JazzTap
Patches
ron
Szemetlada
Snowy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
€rim
User
€rim

What're you watching/reading right now? Empty
PostSubject: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 10:53 pm

Like what books/manga/comics or movies/tv shows/anime are you guys watching? Do you plan on watching anything?

I'm reading the Malazan series and then I also have The Gunslinger by Stephen King for a book report in english.

In terms of watching stuff, it's mostly anime: Unlimited Blade Works and some other things

Also post whatever recommendations you want.

Last edited by €rim on Thu 07 May 2015, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 11:31 pm

I'm presently watching the Clone Wars and Star Trek: Voyager whilst at work, and I'm in season 2 of Orange is the New Black whilst not.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2015, 11:51 pm

I've been meaning to read Malazan. I hear it's been done by someone who studied either Archaeology or Anthropology (or was it both?) So it sounds like he knows what he's writing.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 12:22 am

I think erikson actually studied both but yeah the books are good. The first one, gardens of the moon, is kinda hard to get into and is apparently not nearly as good as the rest of the series (plus its like 700+ pages, though considering that only 3 of the 10 books are under 1000 pages its the shortest) and it kinda throws you into things but its not too bad. The characters and magic/godhood system are really cool though.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 3:08 pm

Reading the Edge Chronicles, watching One Piece and Kids Next Door.

(I can't believe how many episodes One Piece has, when the heck did it start?)
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 10:15 pm

one piece as a manga began in 1997, and as an anime in 1999.

debating whether or not to watch full metal alchemist brotherhood finally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2015, 11:15 pm

ron wrote:
one piece as a manga began in 1997, and as an anime in 1999.  

debating whether or not to watch full metal alchemist brotherhood finally.
If you don't watch it, you don't love yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 12:20 pm

I just finished full metal alchemist brotherhood and its absolutely amazing. I haven't yet started watching something new. Mostly because I'm trying to finish xenoblade chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2015, 11:03 pm

Brotherhood. Masterpiece.

I just started reading a Song of Fire and Ice, and I have to also finish up the Dark Tower series. I don't read as much as I used to.

Currently watching Hunter x Hunter on and off, so many episodes. The Heroic Legend of Arslan is also currently simulcasting, I CANNOT miss an episode now. The geniuses behind Fullmetal Alchemist are behind this series, and I can see it many times over.

I also have about....Five to six other animes I have been needing to watch but put on hiatus because procrastinating.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 12:10 am

I skimmed The Scar a month back or so. Perhaps not coincidentally, its author, too, has a degree in anthropology. But ten-thousand page fantasy epics are out of reach for me. I'm also vaguely jealous of y'alls' Netflix and. hm. Funimation, is it?

Is this a recommendation thread? Because I'm rather tempted to talk about certain webcomics and fanfics. Also, canceled cartoons and Mathew Stover-penned Star Wars novels. (Having read a thing less than a year ago is... sorta current, isn't it?)

My current academic (but actually enjoyable) reading is Historical Dynamics. Also, an art book / the proceedings of a conference regarding cybernetics and related explorations of form topics called 'Space is The Time You Need to Go to Someone Else'. Which is informative in that it suggests the conference organizers are Japanese.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 12:57 am

I ended up finding a Shakespearian version of Star wars. I might not read it as a proper book/script, but it has some great versions of quotes to mine from it:

"Ha, ha! Thy errant systems of belief-- Thy weapons ancient, all thy mysteries, thy robes and meditations o'er the air, thy superstitions, e'en thy precious Force-- Cannot compare to my religion true: A trusty blaster ever by my side. With thus I say my prayers and guard my soul."
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 1:29 am

I have a subscription to Funimation and Crunchyroll actually.... :x
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 2:40 am

I've been thinking about getting a crunchyroll subscription. If just for higher quality video and to support them. I sort of juggle between crunchyroll and kissanime depending on what's available on cr and what isn't. Cr looks more professional but ka has more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 10:38 am

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/

Get an adblocker, then enjoy dozens of different shows for free and without subscription.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 1:32 pm

Crunchyroll's streaming service is really good. I like Funimation simply because many of my favorite animes are licensed by them, but their streaming is absolutely dreadful.

Only now can my PS3 actually stream Funimation now and not lag out constantly. That is one perk to having a subscription. Streaming to your consoles.

I used to use warchcartoononline actually, good site too, except all the vids are such low quality. Better then nothing though.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 7:29 pm

I torrent pretty much all of my anime off of nyaa nowadays but I used to use watchcartoononline all the time BACK IN THE DAY

it's generally not too hard to find at least 720p streaming online tho
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2015, 8:01 pm

*Shrugs*

Doesn't bother me now, a few odd and end animes no sites stream I find online, but otherwise I get anything I wanna see from either of those sites, CR or Funimation.

On that note, I do highly suggest Heroic Legend of Arslan, if you were a fan of the creators behind FMA and such.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2015, 11:09 am

I think it's necessary to point out that in The Gunslinger the main character who's this cowboy gunslinger descendant of this worlds equivalent of arthur (round table) just took some mescaline to avoid getting boned to death by a succubus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What're you watching/reading right now?   What're you watching/reading right now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What're you watching/reading right now?
Page 1 of 1