WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Night Of Saints

Go down 
+4
Midnightclub
Admiral Ji
Patches
Shade
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

The Night Of Saints - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 2:37 pm

Haunted equipables?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

Weapons and armour would be interesting...

I suppose their personalities would imbue the items with some sort of special ability with varying degrees of power.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

Basically. I have an idea for the Claimh Solais in mind. It may not be their personalities, depending if you want it to or not. For example, maybe unit's armor would just give them the sense of justice of a monk, not necessarily have a ghost following them around preaching to them. Alternatively, it could cause the personality to overtake the user, or whatever. Up to you.

But we have to die first before any of that can happen, so we have plenty of time to decide. They won't stumble across the items until very late in Act II, so no worries.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

So... how should I start... hm...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 3:17 pm

So I should probably pick one weapon type and stick with it in the interest of practicality? Or should I render the Act II guy's item significantly less useful than it otherwise might have been?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

God Donut wrote:
So I should probably pick one weapon type and stick with it in the interest of practicality? Or should I render the Act II guy's item significantly less useful than it otherwise might have been?

Not necessarily. If you want to have several weapons, that's fine. And your Act II character doesn't HAVE to be a descendant of your Act I character or anything: it could be someone else that winds up with your weapon, or maybe your equipment is entirely destroyed in the fight. If you want your gear (and by extension, something of your character) to go on, then you can, but if not then you don't have to.

@Mr. Ji: Your character could say something or be thinking about what's about to happen. I'm going to allow for a few posts of us just sitting waiting, basically, and then we'll go and fight the Abomination.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

Okay, making a sheet now...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:03 am

Name: Accalon
Sex: M
Description: Accalon stands 6'3" and is built like a stone wall. His skin is fair, and locks of golden hair fall down to his shoulders. He wears state of the art steel plate armor when in combat, and a green tunic otherwise. His face is weather-beaten, and it looks like he's taken a few hard blows to it.
He isn't without the magick's taint himself. After being struck in the eyes by a powerful Unclean, he received a small dose of its magic, which left him completely blind. His eyes now glow green, and he bears an oddly-shaped brand around his eyes and on his forehead.
Personality: Accalon is a no-nonsense fighter; he embodies the Western martial arts axiom of seizing the initiative with both hands and never letting go. This often drives him to rashness and impetuousness, but he generally has enough skill to pull it off... except for the time or two when he didn't.
Weapon of Choice: The messer-guisarme and kite shield. The Messer-guisarme, in its standard form, looks like like a glaive: a thinner than average cutting blade (just under three feet long) with a hook near the base of the back side, and a protrusion on the front where the crossguard on a sword might be, all socketed onto a sturdy wooden pole that is accented with steel. The Messer-guisarme has a couple special powers: one, the weapon is unbreakable. Two, when not needed as a polearm, the shaft retracts, making the Messer-guisarme into a perfectly-balanced one-handed sword, suitable for shield-work. Aside from having a few wards on it to make it stronger, the shield is normal.
Other: His other piece of special equipment is his helm. It is designed to tap into latent magic to correct flaws and enhance abilities. It resembles a tarnished silver circlet in its natural state, until someone with innate magic or magical talent dons it. Then it forms into whatever shape is necessary to tap into its bearer; in Accalon's case, it forms a visored helm that resolves the magic in his eyes to give him the vision of a hawk. What happens when someone else gets it is unknown. Some would say nothing; having been designed around Accalon's specific flaw, it may prove incompatible with anyone else but him. Other say that it was intended for general-purpose use should Accalon die; while the helm may have been built around Accalon's unique situation, that does not mean that it is uniquely dependent on him.

Act II/III character coming.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 5:56 pm

So, this going anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 6:11 pm

I would think so. Its a good one. I have no idea why no one else is posting, but I have already posted recently.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 7:02 pm

Yeah, but Shade's been AWOL, at least from here.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

Not true! He just posted.... *peeks at OOC threads* less than 2 hours ago!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

That's exactly it. He posted in another thread here two hours ago, and he's been semi-active on the Sporum, but he hasn't been in his own thread in a little over two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 11:17 pm

*Strokes Movember 'stache* Curious, most curious indeed.....
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

Under the impression this had died. My apologies.

No idea what your weapon is, but it sounds badass.Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

Its pretty much a one-handed chopping sword that converts to a polearm when need arises.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

Ah, okay.

And forgive my lousy description of the Abomination: I am an awful horror writer.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

That's fine. I should come up with a post here in a few.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Just as a reminder, all of our characters will die by the end of Act I (mine included, no worries) so within two or three pages we all need to have bitten the dust.

No rush, feel free to drag out the conflict as long as you lke. Astraois will die last, just for plot purposes. Act II characters can be submitted anytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night Of Saints   The Night Of Saints - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Night Of Saints
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3