WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Fire Emblem RP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 6:59 am

So yeah. A while ago, I mentioned wanting to do a Fire Emblem roleplay, with a whole new world, using the GameCube and Wii games' classes. Now, I have encountered some problems. If we play it like a real Fire Emblem game, we'd need stats and a grid-like board, which I feel is rather restricting. Plus we would need to discuss battle tactics and have a posting order... But if we run it like a regular RP (which unfortunately means that some classes will feel... Useless), we run into the problem of god-modding (even if it's against the rules, if you have a huge Wyvern and you're flying around killing people with a lance, it's gonna happen eventually) and being unable to track levels.

So, (a) is anyone interested, and (b) how should this be run? Table-top style or like a real RP?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 7:08 am

Table-top would be interesting despite my interest being in the latter, but it would be a nice change to learn such a way to RP. All you really need are digital grids with markers on them showing who is who and what is what. Maybe... You can only communicate with people who are within three blocks away?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

Table-top would be quite, quite nice indeed.

Now, I'll confess to not being aware of the scale yet, but most TTRPG's have each block, or space, be a 5ft square, and I like to think I can talk to someone over 15 ft away.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 9:31 am

Well, true. That makes sense. In Fire Emblem you have a huge battlefield, and I normally think of those spaces as ten feet.

Sure talking to someone thirty feet away is possible but just plain inconvenient.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

I just wish that I either had a way to make maps on my iPod, or a computer and the ability to actually make the maps with a nice program. Since I have neither the latter and I am not aware of such programs working on Apple products... Maps will be a pain to create for me.

Now, how would we figure out stats... And how would they work... Hmm. I'm tempted to go looking for how they work in the actual games, but I fear that would be too complex for this. Should we break things down into simpler terms, then? I could go get a list of stats used in Fire Emblem, but I don't want to do that until I'm sure what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

I'd be good with a non-stat based Fire Emblem RP, I might be in the minority, however.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

I actually have a way to do that (pulled from another, FE-based forum), which would of course require some alteration...

It might be easier and more fun, too.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

I like tabletop roleplays but I'm not very good at them.
Top that with never having played Fire Emblem (and, admittedly, knowing very little about it)

I'd prefer a not stat based one like Shade.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

You wouldn't need much prior knowledge of FE if you picked a simple melee class like, say... Myrmidon or Soldier.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

unit111 wrote:
I like tabletop roleplays but I'm not very good at them.
Top that with never having played Fire Emblem (and, admittedly, knowing very little about it)

I'd prefer a not stat based one like Shade.

It's a turn-based strategy game. The best handheld Fire Emblem is simply Fire Emblem, it's about three princes/princess who, while trying to discover the fate of a missing lord, find this massive organization of assassins and a pretty f*cked necromancer. It sounds retarded that simplified, but any more detail and I'd be spoiling one of the better (if not best) games I've played.

Which is odd, because the sequel for it (Sacred Stones) had such godawful dialogue and a really mehish plot. It had a ton of potential, but it had barely 20 levels (and really, the first three or so missions where you have to fight maybe two guys doesn't count as a level in my book).

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

Joshua and Gilliam are pretty bad ass though.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Just so you are aware, Shade, SS is not a sequel to Rekka no Ken (which we know better as Fire Emblem). And I personally found the game a nice introduction to the series, being much easier than the others.

Rekka no Ken... I just downloaded it, so I will offer no judgement on it. Shadow Dragon kind of sucked, but was okay for a remake of the original Fire Emblem game. The GameCube/Wii series is also good.

So then, shall I begin writing stuff up and preparing for this? If so... Should I spin a new tale or shall we take a FE game, remove the characters, replace them with our own...? We will be using the classes laid out on another site, taken from the FE games themselves...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 11:04 pm

Base Classes (?)

Soldier- Simple footmen who trade the Knight's defense for higher speed. Wield lances.
Knight- Front-liners who trade speed for huge armor that can deflect even the heaviest blades. Wield lances.
Fighter- Robust warriors who trade defense for all-out attacking ability (and massive health). Wield axes.
Brigand- Rough, tough, and dirty fighters. They may not be the brightest if individuals, but they're strong. Wield axes.
Pirate- Men and women of the sea and feel most comfortable on a ship. Wield axes.
Myrmidon- Skilled swordsman who dash in and out of battle, avoiding enemy attacks and pulling off flashy moves of their own. Sword wielder.
Mercenary- Soldiers who wield small shields and swords in battle.
Thief- Fast and cunning people with the ability to pick almost any lock with one of their special lockpicks. Wield swords.
Archer- Back line fighters who support their allies with arrows. Wields bows.
Nomad- While they're names may be incorrect, these horse-ridding bowmen are scary accurate, even while on horseback. Wield bows.
Cavalier- Horse-mounted and speedy, they can be very helpful when you need to hit hard and hit fast. Wield lances and swords.
Wyvern Rider- Riders of the terrible lizards, the wyverns. Often times as ruthless as their mounts. Ace wielder.
Pegasus Knight- Female only air units who can quickly prove their worth against enemy mages and the like. Lance user.
Mage- After studying the art of anima magic for many years, the Mages have perfected the art of calling upon the elements to smite their foes. Anima wielders.
Shaman- Students of the dark magic, Shamans are slower but stronger than Mages. Dark wielders.
Acolyte- Those who study and actively seek out goodness and light and hope in the world. Light wielders.
Priest/Cleric- Holy men and women who channel those faith through staves to heal their allies. Staff users.
Troubador- Horseback healers who rush through the battlefield, tending the wounded before priests and clerics can arrive. Staff user.

I may have missed a few, but there's the basic classes.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:44 pm

So many classes...

*buuuhface*
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

And those are just the unpromoted ones!
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

Will I be heading my keyboard once they are listed as well?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 4:56 pm

Only if I go for the multi-choice promotions or the regular, no option promotions.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 7:05 pm

I meant sequel in the sense that it came after Blazing Sword, not a plot sequel.My apologies. I believe Blazing Sword was the prequel to the sixth Fire Emblem, right?

Sacred Stones wasn't bad, I just thought it wasn't as good as Blazing Sword in my opinion. It might be hard to get used to (no world map and only one promotion) but the storyline is longer and better (at leat, that's what I thought.) than Sacred Stones. And the Lords are so much better (maybe not Eliwood). If you want any advice, I'm trying to beat Hector's Hard campaign now (it's a bitch! I swear the enemy's pegasus knights are stronger than my knights!), so I might be able to help.

Joshua was pretty badass, but I preferred giving Cormag that arrow-shield and sending him out alone. After you got him past level 15 or so, he was unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

*nod*

Yeah, SS was the game that introduced me to the series. I tend to get a little... Defensive over it. Ross makes an amazing Beserker, Gilliam will forever be my favorite General (although Amelia...), and Joshua is by far my favorite Swordmaster. Plus there's Ewan as a Druid...

So, what do you think? Should we make up our own story, mostly independent upon the main FE games? Shall I go the branching paths for classing up? Tell me, people. This is as much your RP as mine.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

I say an independent story. I'd feel kind of bad taking the limelight from Ephraim or Lyn or someone. It also gives us freedom to screw over the canon if needed.

Classing up is interesting. Will we literally encounter a seal/crest and be promoted or perhaps a more metaphorical approach?

---

I think Cormag and unpromoted Ephraim were my favorites. I didn't like the way promoted Ephraim looked.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:49 pm

Shall we use a pre-existing continent or one of my own design (mine suck)?

Umm. More metaphorical, although we can use Master Seals and stuff if you guys want.

Neimi made a bada** Ranger. Or a Sniper. But I always liked Ranger for her...
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

She was always too frail for me to use. Let me know what you think of Rekka No Ken, by the way.

I have no artistic talent whatsoever, so I can't draw a continent, but I can help with ideas if wanted.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:05 pm

That is when you take the out-line of the world map and rearrange the continents and countries into something else.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

I can draw a pencil sketch of a world map quite well (blowing my own trumpet here) if you give me description of the land you'd like.

However, I have no skill with computer art so someone else would have to buff it up to make it more presentable.

Just putting that out if you want your own map.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct 2011, 3:11 pm

I think my characters will be a wyvern rider and a thief (husband and wife).

Legs, do you want help for countries and crap on the map? And do you have a plot in mind or is it more sandbox?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire Emblem RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem RP   Fire Emblem RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem RP
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next