WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:00 pm

Living batteries are sometimes... neccesairy...
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:20 pm

DARPA Agrees. Completely Necessary

Now... onto things that begin with U. Like updates.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

Balufire wrote:
I would say they have anti-magic shackles, but that just seems farfetched now.

Think more of "noise-canceling headphones" than "antithetical force." Whatever the mage tries to do, the shackles create an opposing force and leave a neutral or opposite result - like zapping the mage, for instance.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

So a shock collar? Seems much more likely than the idea I had before. And perhaps there is some substance in the drinking supply of more humane camps that blocks energy from being used by the midichlorians of a magician, but doesn't harm normals except in a bitter aftertaste.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

There's always a positive and a negative to everything in the world, like fire and ice. Perhaps there's a certain kind of metal in the world that absorbs midichlorians to help it slowly grow, like a crystal formation. However this metal simply absorbs the midichlorians that are constantly present in the air (and this metal would probably grow at the same rate of a crystal). Using magic would unleash a large burst of midichlorians, right? So the metal absorbs it, but since absorbing that large amount of midichlorians isn't natural, it goes into a sort of overcharge and releases it back out, akin, the mage. So yeah, a shock collar so to speak.

Also, is there any other races I could play other than black guys, rats, and furries? Not prejudice or anything, I'm just wondering as my idea of a character doesn't mix well with my options.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

Make your own race everyone else has so far. Just provide a description of the character and I'll make an educated guess as to the species as a whole, or you can provide a bit of description in the Other section.

Unman a crystal, or metal, or an organic material that absorbs the so called Qi

I really need some better names for this stuff. Ill go visit seventh sanctum for so names.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

I also thought, maybe, of merely a magic mark. You know, for wizards by wizards. All it would do is cause incapacitating levels of pain when it detects magic being cast over a certian threshold. Magic parole if you will. (Is that how you spell that? Never had to spell that.)
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

Yeah that is how you spell it. And I like this Idea as well. This could be implemented. Cray probably needs one or two servants, and what better way to punish a old villain than to force them into servitude.

The other stuff wasn't really relevant, I wasn't planning on going near the Deep caverns of Archeron, or Mt. Pyrin. But it was fun talking about them and hearing your guys' ideas.

Back to the group of normals with the plan.

I think we have somewhat answered why, so lets try who they are, where they influence (Which will no doubt end up with me just pointing at the map with my eyes closed.)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 8:06 pm

Well, as I said, they're likely some kind of group of skilled warriors. Mayhaps they own a small area? I don't know the political structure we're dealing with though.

I would assume that as far as the opperation of our nation (if we are all one nation), they would be a large enough group to deserve a part in the proceedings. The "regulars" if you will.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

The entire continent is ruled by the Emperor. Below him is the Mage council, and likely two other councils. I would go with a Representative Council and a War council. The war council will likely be mixed, so the Representatives could be the normal folks. And a moderate portion of that council could be these... what should we call them... Extremists? Radicals? A more fitting name like Equalists?

A table for table's sake.
-- Emperor --
War Representative Mage
Generals Chieftains Archmages
Armies Towns People Village Mages

I know this is a horrible table, but this is the basic layout of the government.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

EACH MEMBER MORE EQUAL THAN THE LAST!

But okay, I understand how it works now.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 12:18 am

I have selected a location that may be good for the "Equalist Movement"'s head to be centered. Haptiz, which is fairly out of the way from my plotted course, so I don't think I am going to add it to the plot for this movement to be ended in this RP. Maybe if I make a sequel or something.

I added that they will be getting in the way several times along the RP, though, not in the beginning except for maybe a speech in Dezrat.

I plan on typing up the IC op sometime this weekend, that should give Patches time to write up his sheet if he is joining, and for me to finish minor details that need to be added to my notes, as well as some interesting discussions involving this world and the people in it.

And it just now occurred to me that I forgot a scale for the map... Does it really need one? Nah. I'll just say it is about two days travel From Dezrat to Archeron.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

Oh of course. I envisioned them as side villains at best.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 1:36 am

OK change of plans... Life threw a curve ball. So... My internet here is out, and typing the enitre Ic is... Well slightly out of the question. So ill post it when ever I get internet back. Dont you worry though it shouldnt (better) not be too long.

I still have my phone so answering questions pms etf will be no problem.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

Right, well I fixed the internet with my amazing problem solving skills. (By that I mean I reset the router and modem.)

Still waiting for two people (Legs and Patches). And I am jut going to assume (No matter how many asses it makes out of you and me.) that Jac is here for the RP.

And because no time is a good time to launch. I am making post haste to put up the IC. Don't worry if you guys don't get your sheets in by then. The OP will explain everything about what needs to be done for you to be in the RP.

Henceforth begins PT. 1: FLashback!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 7:52 pm

Hooray!
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

Now... just give me a minute to write the brief instruction on how to put your Opening post, and Shazaam (press send) and we will be on our way.

EDIT: Welp, decided I was hungry and went to mcdonalds. So like an hour before the "shazaam"
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

I shall await the appointed time, or pass out in several moments trying.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

... Damn it. And she totally... Guh. Ok So i'm back and almost done with the OP. Thankfully the internet has held out this entire time. And Shazaam shall come in a few minutes unless some totally freak lightning storm knocks out the power or some crazy shiz like that...

Sorry for this taking so long.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 2:46 am

It has come to my attention that My IC sucks. Never fear. I will edit it shortly. Until then, enjoy fireworks, maybe Iceworks or rainworks, maybe dryworks.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 1:12 am

Just so you guys know. I fixed the post. Now it was really thought through.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:33 am

Woah, sorry. Time has been kinda drifting away from me, sorry. I'll try to post immediately.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 1:55 am

Heh. I know what you mean. So much business that must be attended to.

I feel a bit creative, might as well post.

Still pretty hectic around here, and I still don't think I'm up to Constant RPing for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6