WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)

Go down 
+12
marsh
Medusa
Alex
€rim
Balu
Patches
ron
andavocados
TheNarrator
Rachel
Szemetlada
lUN_Cat16
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) Empty
PostSubject: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 6:41 pm

Where was she? It was dark, cold, and windy in this place. Just a moment ago she had been doing her homework, so why had she suddenly just woken up here? She could remember nothing between that time. In fact, she wasn't even sure this was real. She seemed to be lying on a stone slab, but she couldn't tell due to the gloom. Attempting to get up, she noticed that cuffs on her wrist and ankles bound her to the cold stone. She was beginning to feel frightened as the gravity of the situation hit her. There was no way to call for help, no way to get away. She was stuck and had no idea how to get out.

She lay there for a while, her heart pounding against her chest, when suddenly she saw something move in the dark. It was a tall figure, all black against the gloom with the exception of two glowing light blue eyes. It had two tall narrow ears rising from its head, and they perked up a bit as it noticed that she was watching the strange figure.

It stood there for a minute, her and the beast locked in a strange contest to see who would act first. Then finally it came closer, reaching out a long arm and--

And then she woke up. The white ceiling was still there, her comfortable bed was still there, and the small pile of stuffed animals that were scattered over the blanketed landscape were present as well. She looked over to the clock on the nightstand. In red, blinking lights it announced that the time was 7:22, on a Tuesday. She had to get up soon, she was going to be late for school!

Plot

Alright, here we go. So basically all of your characters will have had that dream, with some variations which will be discussed in the next section of course. So anyways, in the city you all live in it's a fine, ordinary day. You will go about your usual activities like all is perfectly fine. You probably don't know each other, considering that the city is very large, so you'll likely consider the dream just the result of eating too much candy before bed or something.

Of course then you'll be sucked into a pocket dimension along with the eleven others and a giant monster will come right the fuck out of nowhere and try to tear you apart. Peachy, right? Then you'll discover what that weird dream was about earlier. It turns out that the dream was real, and not just some mind-screwy lucid thing. The twelve of you were chosen to become the Champions of twelve god-like beings who live in a much larger version of that pocket dimension. The only problem is that their world has become dark and twisted, reaching a sort of limit to its growth, and is dying. The now-corrupted inhabitants of that world now seek to expand their reaches to a living world where they will prosper more.

Unfortunately they chose ours. And they chose the city of our characters as a starting point. However, not all hope is lost. As Champions the characters now have the ability to change form into battle-ready beings with similar traits to The Twelve. Using their new-found powers they will set out to purge the city of the monsters as they come, and keep Earth safe!

Alas, they are many things that were kept secret from them as well. Being a Champion is not as fun as it seems, as they will soon find out.

The Twelve and their Champions

So now we get to the specifics. The Twelve are all based on the Chinese Zodiac, and are sort of like god-kings. They have specific elemental properties and have relationships with each other all based on the zodiac as well. You know what they say about certain signs not getting along well with each other, or being able to form good bonds? That's what I'm talking about. While the traditional zodiac only has four base elements (Wood, Water, Fire, Metal), though it has five in other versions, I am going to add more along the same themes as the original element, mostly due to variety. For more on the relationships between them I would recommend you google it. The signs and elements are as follows:

[Cal]Rat- Water
[Jokie]Ox- Ice
[Reserved by A]Tiger- Wood (plant life and such)
[Me]Rabbit- Air
[Reserved by Hawk]Dragon- Blood (includes flesh manipulation)
[Reserved by Tex]Snake- Electricity
Horse- Fire
Sheep(or Goat)- Light
[Reserved by Nic]Monkey- Metal
[Eo]Rooster- Poison
[Crim]Dog- Earth (rocks and such, so as to not overlap with Wood)
[Necro]Pig- Shadow

Each aspect has the ability to manipulate and possibly conjure up their aspects, within the bounds of reason. These abilities are passed onto the Champions. Their transformations are partially armor-based and partially based on changing the appearance of the Champion into something resembling their aspect. They will also gain a signature weapon to use in their battles. Note that the element manipulation cannot be used when they are not in their aspect forms, however. This all culminates up to the one real downside of their new powers.

They must keep killing the monsters. They cannot simply stop and say that they want a break, for if they do, they might just lose their life. You see, if they go too long without dealing a killing blow to the beasts (specifically a killing blow. It cannot be who draws the most blood. The Champion whose attack gets it to fall gains the benefit from killing it) their aspect forms begin to emerge on their own body. While they are preserved in the mental sense and keep their minds intact, their bodies will change. If it continues for long enough without them dealing a killing blow, they will be transported to the corrupt world and essentially torn apart by the monsters there.

To be more specific with how the whole killing blow thing works...think of the Champion's physical humanity like a sort of health bar that gradually lowers. At the halfway point they start to change form involuntarily. Now think of the killing blows like little health restoring items. Smaller, weaker monsters "drop" less, and stronger ones release more. One could theoretically just slaughter a whole bunch of little guys and keep going strong, but that is more time-consuming. Now here's the real problem: Supply does not equal demand. With twelve people in one city continuously wiping out the monsters, and probably doing an efficient job later on, the hordes will start to thin out. The Champions may realize that teamwork doesn't mean the spoils are shared. Of course, if a few of them just...disappeared, then things would be much easier for everyone, wouldn't it~?

Monsters and Pockets: These bros are getting a much smaller section because there really isn't much to explain. The monsters can pretty much come in any form, and the Pocket Dimensions are just gateways to the corrupt world. Many scary things are there (just think bones, black soil, dark red sky, evil stuff...), though these gateways are frequently "closed-in", keeping any other monsters not in the area from entering the fray. When in the human world the monsters are invisible, sometimes causing things like car accidents and such, but when nearing a Champion the Pocket essentially swallows them up.

Character Sheet

Guess what. It's short.

Name:
Sign: (Does not need to correspond to age.)
Weapon of Choice: (Their weapon used when they're in their Aspect Form)
Important Information/Summary: (Anything I need to know immediately, like if you're suddenly going to make the character a super mega foxy awesome hot perfect girl whose sheet I will obviously reject. Just kind of really basic tips to give me an idea of anything that might become important to them.)
Other: (Other.)

NOTICE: Some clarification for the forms. If you would prefer to keep your character's Aspect Form less beastly, then make their element come into more prominence instead, as well as the armor they can gain. And yes their forms can involve armor, it is below the list of signs for those who kind of skimmed.

Rules

0. Forum rules. Obvious. Go look at them.
1. Autoing is a huge rule-breaker. You choose the actions, the receiving player decides the consequences, okay?
2. Practically everything in this OP is unknown to your character. It may be figured out but not quickly.
3. NO CATS. I know that there are myths about how the cats was going to be a part of the zodiac but then shit happened, but I swear if I see anyone making the 13th Champion I will ahhhhhhhh
4. Along with the mention of numbers...one character only for now.
5. I know people have already been calling for reserves, but please take the time to look up the sign before making your final decision.
6. You can design your own monsters and their Pockets, no need for me to describe if it's not plot important for my own character/main plot.
7. Read everything. EVERYTHING.
8. Just because the sheet is short doesn't mean your posts should be. In fact I made the sheets short so you would be able to have more post space for character descriptions and such.
9. Post length should be at least 8 lines for the first post, but will shorten to a four line minimum.
10. Anything need to be clarified, just ask.
11. Not reading the rules will get you screwed over here, 'kay~
12. Have fun!
13. PM me any cool ideas you have too. The more collabing the better. :3

CHARACTERS

Name: Maria Elsewyth
Sign: Rabbit
Weapon of Choice: A Double Voulge.
Important Information/Summary: A shy catholic student who recently moved in from out of state. Her quiet and passive exterior hides great amounts of skill. Now if only she'd use her skills to their full potential...
Other: N/A

Name: Timothy Thornton
Sign: Rat
Weapon of Choice: Two long double-edged daggers
Important Information/Summary: The fact that no one ever talks to Timothy aside from a quick, “Hey, Timmy,” before they try and fail to catch him and stuff his slight frame into a locker validates his intelligence and resourcefulness. He could probably be a nice guy, not that he’s ever tried.

Name: Tayle Veridan.
Sign: Ox
Weapon of Choice: A single Ice katana, trimmed with blood for looks. =P
Important Information/Summary: Quiet, strong, silent temper can mean that a sudden outbutst is unexpected, just better to steer clear in general. Out from Australia, she has a tendancy to throw things...
Other: No boomerangs I promise.

Name: Simon Grylls
Sign: PIG
Weapon of Choice: BATTLE AXE/HAMMER Hammer on one side, axe blade on the other. As such it is slow, heavy and dangerous if you are slower than it. Just like a wild pig.
Important Information/Summary: Ripped, dull, jock kinda guy with a difficult past. Some football guy with a short temper and an equally small vocabulary. He doesn't have any book smarts, but he has plenty of muscle to persuade people. So yeah huge, dumb, and slow. No big deal.
Other: He's not exactly quiet, but most of the things he says are not exactly funny. He generally just acts the part of muscle to some jerk who makes him feel useful.

Name: Mark Pontius
Sign: Rooster
Weapon of Choice: A mutant rope dart/shoge combo thing. Being a bit over the top is what these sorts of things do. The rope is roughly 12 feet long and made of woven jasper and steel. There is an iridescent green feather about a foot behind the blade, which serves as a flag. The blade is large, chunky, and made of obsidian, perpetually coated in a greenish toxin. On the other end is a similarly heavy steel ring.
Important Information/Summary: Aside from being given to pride, I don't have much on hand.
Other: Let's see how much we can play by ear, shall we...

Name: Isaac Faust
Sign: Dog
Weapon of Choice: A slightly longer than usual shortsword with a thin blade, plain hilt, a flat pommel, and two blue ribbons that extend down eight inches or so from said pommel. Really, it's a rather pretty instrument of death.
Important Information/Summary: Isaac is pretty damn thin.
Other: He's a quiet boy with little confidence. He'd much rather curl up in his hoodie and doodle in a notebook.

Last edited by Luna_Cat16 on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

Both of these look good to me. I like the character diversity and customization of the first, while the second has a storyline that appeals to me more...

I assume Sacramentum was a past RP? I'd go with that, unless a more detailed plotline was added to the former. But again, I like both of these. ^^
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

I must say, I think I'd enjoy that first option more... Maybe it's because I'm in a D&D phase these days? Plus, you know. I can think of characters for that.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

The 2nd option, because yes let us subvert the Western Zodiac/Troll Motifs.

Now if only I knew what the Chinese Zodiacs actually ARE.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 7:13 pm

Rat, Ox, Dragon, Rooster, Tiger, Horse, etc.

My sister is Chinese so we always put a little bit of stock into the Chinese New Year and Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

LUNA Y U MAKE US CHOOSE
wweh

I'd pick Sacrament, personally. I think.
QUICK DECIDE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

Both ideas are SO good. But I prefer Sacrament because it just seems more interesting. I really like idea of the monsters and turning into them etc. It sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

First. No, second! (is thrown off the bridge)
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

Alright. since it seems that the majority of you want Sacrament or would be fine with it, I suppose that's what I'll be making~!

I'll try to write up the OP tonight!
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Lolz, "What is your Choice?"
AlaskanWyvern wrote:
First. No, second! (is thrown off the bridge)

Also, I choose Sacrement.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 1:35 am

I PICK MYRIACRAMENTUM.

TOTALLY NOT PICKING SCORPIO THIS TIME. I DON'T WANT THE NEW AND IMPROVED COSMO TO TURN INTO A SCORPION DEVIL BEAST.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

Well, Crim, you can't. It's the Chinese zodiac.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Aint none scorpians in china... /Lies.

Dragon, rat, horse, pig, goat, cock, snake, cat, dog, ox, tiger, and lastly monkey.

Cause I know my chinese and japanese folklore. *thumbsup*
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 2:04 pm

WAT.

I WAS THINKING WHAT THE ORIGINAL WAS LIKE.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

RP IS UP. REJOICE.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

I SHALL REJOICE. AND I AM CERTAIN ABOUT CHOOSING SNAKE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

My zodiac is a tiger :3

I will make a sheet ASAP.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

OKAY. SNAKE WILL BE RESERVED.

A, is that for a reserve on Tiger?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

Hmmm Reserve pig. I like shadows.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

Done~

The RP will start once all twelve spots are filled by the way.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

Muchas Gracias, señorita.
Sheet will be finished AQAP
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING

Wow, that was a quick sheet. I like.

Name: Timothy Thornton
Sign: Rat
Weapon of Choice: Two long double-edged daggers
Important Information/Summary: The fact that no one ever talks to Timothy aside from a quick, “Hey, Timmy,” before they try and fail to catch him and stuff his slight frame into a locker validates his intelligence and resourcefulness. He could probably be a nice guy, not that he’s ever tried.

EDIT: Good thing I got my sheet up, since it doesn't look like my reserve got reserved.

Should I PM this? It doesn't say anything about having to in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

Name: Tayle Veridan.
Sign: Ox
Weapon of Choice: A single Ice katana, trimmed with blood for looks. =P
Important Information/Summary: Quiet, strong, silent temper can mean that a sudden outbutst is unexpected, just better to steer clear in general. Out from Australia, she has a tendancy to throw things...
Other: No boomerangs I promise. :D
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

Isn't the quick sheet so effective~? ;D

Anyways, both of you are accepted. I'll add you to the OP once I can get to a computer.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

It is, isn't it?

Although for someone who isn't particulary OMG OMG I SHOULD DO THIS GUY AND HE'LL ACT LIKE THIS AND DO THAT, probably a bit more than just that sheet would be necessary to RP the character effectively.

But I finished that this in half an hour, I was amazed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)   Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacrament (All spots full. IC is in the works; will be released...soon. Hopefully.)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: