WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP

Go down 
+6
Balu
EropsToad
Szemetlada
Lupus
lUN_Cat16
Sadie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 10:52 am

You kind of have to talk to people in most jobs unless it's construction, being a garbage man or if you're in the kitchen, all rather active jobs. I had a problem talking to people well, but hell, now I'm hawking out into crowds of people (yelling).
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 6:22 pm

Augh, that sucks. I wish I could offer useful advice, but I'm completely inexperienced in that area, so. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 6:47 pm

I haven't ever really been in a situation like yours, Jokie. I'm just a freshman in high school.

...By the way, is there any way I could use Charles Dickens as a character? He was alive during the Victorian period, and was an enormous part of Victorian society.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Yes... so much yes...
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:01 pm

One question, though: What year is it in the roleplay? I can't really state Dickens's age without knowing what year it is. (Quite frankly, if it's past 1870, Dickens is dead.)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:02 pm

That, I'm not so sure about. I'll do some research about when the Romans invaded, I just realised that it needs to be two thousand years of time sleep.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:07 pm

Funnily enough I already located that page. Assuming that Zeus used the timepiece as a last resort, the year of arrival would be 1854. So depending on how we wanna go, it could be anywhere between 1846 and 1854 that they arrived.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Okay, got it.

Name: Charles Dickens
Race: Human
Main Feature: None.
Personality: Dickens has not been feeling very happy lately. He was unhappy with his marriage, and it reflected in his books, such as Bleak House. Dickens didn't really hold the Americans in high regard. However, nonetheless, Dickens was a philanthropist. On April 3rd, 1852, he wrote an essay in his magazine, Household Words, that helped a hospital to success. Dickens, in his writing, used lots of complex language in many of his books.
Bio: Charles John Huffam Dickens ( /ˈtʃɑrlz ˈdɪkɪnz/; 7 February 1812 – 9 June 1870) was an English writer and social critic who is generally regarded as the greatest novelist of the Victorian period and the creator of some of the world's most memorable fictional characters.[1] During his lifetime Dickens' works enjoyed unprecedented popularity and fame, but it was in the twentieth century that his literary genius was fully recognized by critics and scholars. His novels and short stories continue to enjoy an enduring popularity among the general reading public.[2][3]
Born in Portsmouth, England, Dickens left school to work in a factory after his father was thrown into debtors' prison. Though he had little formal education, his early impoverishment drove him to succeed. He edited a weekly journal for 20 years, wrote 15 novels and hundreds of short stories and non-fiction articles, lectured and performed extensively, was an indefatigable letter writer, and campaigned vigorously for children's rights, education, and other social reforms.
Dickens rocketed to fame with the 1836 serial publication of The Pickwick Papers. Within a few years he had become an international literary celebrity, celebrated for his humour, satire, and keen observation of character and society. His novels, most published in monthly or weekly instalments, pioneered the serial publication of narrative fiction, which became the dominant Victorian mode for novel publication.[4][5] The instalment format allowed Dickens to evaluate his audience's reaction, and he often modified his plot and character development based on such feedback.[5] For example, when his wife's chiropodist expressed distress at the way Miss Mowcher in David Copperfield seemed to reflect her disabilities, Dickens went on to improve the character with positive lineaments.[6] Fagin in Oliver Twist apparently mirrors the famous fence, Ikey Solomon;[7] His caricature of Leigh Hunt in the figure of Mr Skimpole in Bleak House was likewise toned down on advice from some of his friends, as they read episodes:[8] In the same novel, both Lawrence Boythorne and Mooney the beadle are drawn from real life – Boythorne from Walter Savage Landor) and Mooney from a certain 'Looney', a beadle at Salisbury Square.[9] Though his plots were carefully constructed, Dickens would often weave in elements harvested from topical events into his narratives.[10] Masses of the illiterate poor chipped in ha'pennies to have each new monthly episode read to them, opening up and inspiring a new class of readers.[11]
Dickens was regarded as the 'literary colossus' of his age.[12] His 1843 novella, A Christmas Carol, is one of the most influential works ever written, and it remains popular and continues to inspire adaptations in every artistic genre. His creative genius has been praised by fellow writers—from Leo Tolstoy to G. K. Chesterton and George Orwell—for its realism, comedy, prose style, unique characterisations, and social criticism. On the other hand Oscar Wilde, Henry James and Virginia Woolf complained of a lack of psychological depth, loose writing, and a vein of saccharine sentimentalism.
Appearance: Something like this.
Other: I can't really imitate his use of complex language, so bear with me.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:28 pm

Oh GAWD yes. XD
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 7:30 pm

: D
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:13 pm

So...I'm assuming this is the Greek Myth-Steampunk RP you were talking about :3
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:19 pm

Yus, yus indeed. Combo of craziness, freeform and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:30 pm

I see...I would have no idea to make a character of though~
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:41 pm

Well Artemis was a goddess who hunted all the time. I can imagine a lot of comical scenes between a mercenary assassin and a girl with some unusual hair. : D
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:49 pm

Oooh! If you do pick Artemis, and no pressure, maybe Atalanta could join your hunters.

Or maybe Atalanta was already a hunter of Artemis'? I think I read that somewhere but it didn't show up in any of my sources I used for Ata's bio.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:51 pm

I should make a sheet for Athena, have the trio of A's and such.

We need Alex here even more nao.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 9:57 pm

Ohoho, yes!
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012, 11:58 pm

Athena?

Is she still going to fume about Perdix?
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 12:17 am

Interesting, you notified me of a previously unknown facet of her.

It seems she had been satisfied with the punishment dealt, might choose to avoid conversation with Daedalus, but I don't think there'd be too much hate left over.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 6:06 am

Bah~ Why are greek names so confusing~
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 8:17 am

Well, they had some pretty epic names you've gotta admit. It's not every day you see someone called Jason...

Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 2:25 pm

Pffft~ I'll think about joining but I'm going to have trouble picking a character~
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 7:46 pm

Take your time, there's no real cut off for new characters here.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 7:59 pm

You should help me pick a character~ Because I don't really understand our limits~

Okay how about this...Who/what can we be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP   Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deities of Brass: A Greek Myth-Steampunk RP
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next