WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)

Go down 
+2
Patches
Wanderer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 6:15 pm

Right now I would say no.

Allow me to explain our short term agenda for you.

The Party will pretty much make a very hasty return to Typhoon, the new Resistance HQ.

The Fox will explain his real backstory, and then he will challenge Moribidus, his brother, to battle. Naturally because of this Moribidus will agree to do battle on the Fox's terms and he will amass his army at Kruel.

The Resistance will be given a week by Moribidus to amass their own army. I'll give everyone a chance to do a quick 1 post side adventure. This would be an ideal time for you to make your Good Character and have him join the Resistance.

Moribidus will use his Godmodding powers to quickly teleport all his important underlings and army, so most the bad guys will be journeying to Kruel. Along with the highly anticipated Secret Weapon which will be revealed at the First Battle.

A good place for Arythian to begin I think would be maybe just a meaningless side adventure of him carrying out regular orders of detaining people, confiscating magical weapons, etc.

Another potential good spot for Arythian to begin. The ogre Admiral Gaunt has fallen out of the Emperor's favor. Perhaps Arythian could gain some props from Moribidus by capturing Gaunt and delivering him to the Emperor for a session of torture. Even though Gaunt is big and strong like all ogres, he is pretty much a coward who knows little to no magic.

Lol I understand your want to go after the Party, but they have suffered a betrayl and the capture of Tisias and the super-powerful Staff of Euxodus. We're gonna kind of give the Party a break for the time being because during the First Battle some of them are going to die.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

Yes.. Indeed...
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 8:51 pm

All right well I posted.

Basic points of my post:

A backstory for Kilamondread the Last of the Dragons (pronunced kill-a-mon-dree-add)

A little backstory to Locke, but we will find out more backstory from him later.

Is revealed Shaqaa killed Seth's family early on after he freed Maximus.

Lythe promoted Seth to Black Robe and absolved him of his death sentence and laughs like this "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" at Seth's despair. (I make Lythe do the string HA's to accent his obvious insanity.)

The Party has reached Almaday.

It is revealed that the Resistance is in full mobilization

It is revealed that the ships have been being used as ferries, which caused the Cetans to naturally get mad at them commandeerin their ship and were arrested while we were away.

Abasi has ordered the Cetans to be freed and rewarded with 100 gold (a decent sum at this time.)

For Eo I have crafted a choice that you can make. Two paths. Path One and the Cetans overlook the infringement because of the decent reward and join up with the Resistance to later go to a Cetan city for recruits. Path Two and the Cetans take the reward but freely leave the Resistance and go home to the Cetan city due to all the drama they have been put through. If you choose Path Two I imagine we can still recruit the Cetans back into the Resistance by using Tisias when he breaks out of Kruel not far from now.

EDIT: For interest's sake Seth's death is a pseudo-reference to Judas Iscariot. Lol, there's is also somethign of a Skyrim influence/reference. If you note in Kilamondread/Locke's backstory Locke learns "the language of dragons." he's the only one in the World besides Wanderer that can talk to dragons. Thus Locke, our loveable bumbling buffoon Black Robe deadbeat dad is the Dovakhin lmao. Too bad for him there's only one dragon and a Dragon Shout is just yelling curse words in dragon language.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:51 pm

I'll try to put in something at least with the Cetans. Not sure what sort of torture devices the Black X's are likely to use, so I'll focus where I know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

I read your post Eo, very nice background on some Cetan culture as well as Siku. I was all ready assuming that the boat was a big part of Cetan culture (hence why I thought the Cetan crew would be pissed off when the Resistance comandeered it.)

At any rate, I am kinda having a busy day, and I am not sure if I have time right now to post. However by the grace of the tetragammatron I have my first friday in months off tomorrow so I will probably post either late tonight or early tomorrow.

I might have to warn you I think I might have another monster post coming. I plan on liberating Tisias in my next post. Just a forewarning to ya Eo, Tisias won't look the same when I'm done with him.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

Well Tisias has been liberated!

The important parts of my last post:

Tisias, Locke, and Kilamondread have escaped Kruel and we should consider them protagonists now.

Locke finalyl stood up to his older brother and knocked Lythe's crazy ass out cold with a log.

Lythe tortured Tisias permantly affecting his appearance (and perhaps mentality.)

Changes to Tisias inflicted by torture are he has been forcibly sterilized, his talons removed, and all the feathers on his body have been plucked out. I imagine Tisias has scaly skin udnerneath his feathers, so now he should look much more lizardlike.

I understand that there might be some drama between Locke and Tisias, but try to keep in mind that Locke is a victim of Moribidus as much as anyone else. He symbolicalyl and literally threw away his Black Robe, the first to ever do so.

Also I don't think I have to mention it, but you now basicalyl control the dragon Eo, so being a dragon you pretty much have access to the fastest mode of transport in the whole World. Go wherever you'd like to go next. The Cetans haven't officially departed from the Party yet, so I would suggest Tisias maybe stop somewhere other than the Cetan city. Perhaps as a suggestion him and Locke might just plop down in the wilderness to recouperate and have a nice heart to heart talk about their backstories
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 3:11 pm

Anyone want plans for Gaunt?
Hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:18 pm

If you have plans, feel free to share.

I'm going to call shenanigans on the permanent baldness, since that isn't how feathers work, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:22 pm

Well I just fucking killed that ugly-ass ogre so
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Eo wrote:
If you have plans, feel free to share.

I'm going to call shenanigans on the permanent baldness, since that isn't how feathers work, but whatever.

It'll at least be permanant until the end of the story. The Wanderer will give Tisias the choice if he'd prefer to be bald or feathered.

Also nice execution of Gaunt V lol. Only real thing I'd say i maybe add a space between your paragraphs, but yea aside from that iti s a decent length and pretty good post.

Also V introduce your good guy soon please, You don't need to develop him too much if you don't want,, that can be done throughout the story, jsut let us know he is alive lol.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

Oh fuck I need that sheet
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:45 pm

V wrote:
Oh fuck I need that sheet

It's okay, you all ready did a sheet for you one character, so I know that you know the basics. You don't need to do another sheet. Like I said, you don't have to defien your Hero too much. Starting out with nothing can sometiems be a good thing, allows you tiems to slowly reveal his backstory or simply just let him be affected purely by the story.
Maybe he's jsut a nobody lowly soldier in the Resistance and you can kinda comically show him off now and when we get tot he First Battle he might prove himself to be a hero. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

Hm... A soldier... Sounds intriguing. Will do.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 9:52 pm

Well I posted again. Pretty basic post really.

Played a litle more into Abasi newfound suspicions of the Knights.

Revealed Kel'Arboreal's true backstory and he has tranformed back into his actual form.

Kel'Arboreal revealed his plan to assault Kruel and and steal the Sword. Kel'Arboreal beleives the Sword is Moribidus' only source of power, but he will be proven wrong lol.

I was going to psot Kel'Arboreal's chalelnge to Moribidus, but decided I will save that for the next post.

Abasi has set sail east for Garan to reunite with Redeye and bring the valiant orc and some additional comrades back to Typhoon.

Set Apollyon handed over the Sword of Ahmed to Kathael and she left to go to Dalarov to see her father and try to get reinforcements, and she also took Adonis with her so she can flirt with him some more and he can be pretty much fuckign oblivious.

The Three Knights are being kept in Typhoon because of suspicion and so they can use their powerful skilsl to train up the Resistance.

Also I revealed the Cetans set sail for their homeland. So I guess Tisias can head directly there if you want.

For V introducing his Good Guy you can either assume your good guy is in Typhoon, on the boat with Kathael and Adonis, on the boat with Abasi, or perhaps come up with something of your own invent. Either way introduce the good guy soon, or at least name him.

Plans for the near future:

Next post I make will be the formal challenge from the Fox to Moribidus. Moribidus will only too gladly accept. I might also throw in a side story from one of our various characters, not sure yet which or if i will.

After that I will give ya'll a chance to resolve your current Side Adventures. These should only take one big post or two quick posts. I will give Kathael's side adventure 1 post.

After all that is wrapped up I'll fast forward us a day or two and we march out forthe First Battle!
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 9:51 am

Well, besides my last post this has sat for a week inactive. I understand you all were probably busy with the school year starting for some of you. Also since two weeks ago you all worked pretty hard and posted quite a bit I wanted you all to have a lil break with this week that has passed. At any rate though I still have the urge to continue the story so I have posted a small post to try to rekindle the flame. I am probably going to busy today so I am not going to expect you all to post today.

This is my goal for the short term. I like setting the goal since it gives us all soemthing to work toward and worked very well last time. This time the short term goal is much easier and more time is allowed.
Our Goal: By next Friday (31st) I would like to have everyone's side adventure resolved. One decent sized post is all it should take, you don't need to go overboard unless you want to. I figure 1 week is a pretty fair amount of time for one post.

Come next Friday if no one posts I will try to NPC all your characters and resolve the side quests myself. I would like to get to the First Battle (which we need a name for) next weekend. I have enjoyed tantalizing you with this first great twist and I am so damn eager to finally show it off its gnawing at my soul.

Well with all that aside here's my traditional brief sumamry of my most recent IC post:

Basically Kel'Arboreal phantasm of himself reached Moribidus and formall confronted and challenged his brother. Moribidus accepted and even agreed not to use the Sword which he froze magically to his throne.

Additionally, Moribidus declared he would not attack the rest of the Resistance, and allow them to fight his army before he duels his brother. This is important because Kel'Arboreal beleives this will give the Resistance additional opportunity to destroy more of Moribidus' army whom he recognizes as largely incompetant compared to his battle-hardened and loyal Resistance.

Arythian also appeared and presented the head of Gaunt to a happy Moribidus. Moribidus hinted that Arythian might have a promotion in the future.

Moribidus' good mood towards Arythian was quickly reversed after Arythian witnessed Kel'Arboreal's challenge. Moribidus gave him a pain shock to the arm leaving it numb and useless for hours. Arythian has been given command of a battalion of soldiers.

Some suggestions as to your psots and the various side adventures: Please note these are merely suggestions, you may do as you please.

Tisias and Locke are still on dragonback. Be great to see that Cetan city post and a reuniting with Siku and Miki. I'd like to see one of the Cetans, presumably Miki, join Tisias and Locke and return via dragon to Typhoon. The other Cetan, presumably Siku, should be left makign preparations in Cetan city. I plan on the Cetans basically missing out on most of the First Battle, but arriving just in the nick of time to rescue the core remnant of the Resistance from the crushing defeat of the First Battle.

Abasi should be reaching the East fairly soon if not all ready. We have long forgotten Redeye and I been wanting to bring him back into the story for want of a good Orc character. It should be assumed Redeye has organized a small crack team of fighters whom will prove useful in the upcoming battle. Maybe some backstory on Abasi and Redeye's friendship and past could be intriguing. Either way I would liek to see Redeye retrieved and am willing to post this myself.

I haven't seen Archie post for sometime. If you are still reading comrade you can attach Set Apollyon to any of the other side adventures or assume he went on a brief one himself. If you are not reading this anymore then I might npc him and assume he is with Adonis and Kathael.

As for Arythian, technically you gget a big break and do not have to post this week unless it takes your fancy V. A good post for Arythian might be some backstory for him, or perhaps a post flaunting his skills and fighting style as he trains his troops for the upcoming battle.

I have also thought up an interesting proposition for you V. I see that you still have not made your Protagonist yet. I am beginning to think you do not even want to write in a good guy lol. However it is neccesary for every Major Character to have a rival for the Final Battle. So this is my proposition. You can invent your Protagonist this week, or we can make Adonis your rival. I haven't settled on a rival for Adnois yet, so this would kill two birds with one stone for me. The benefit is this would allow you to NPC Adonis a bit yourself and help us flesh out his character. The downside to this is Adnois is sort of a lamest character in the story and he will kill Arythian in the Final Battle (Arythian would be Adonis' only kill if this happens.) Of course I suppose this isn't really a disadvantage there's an almost poetic drama to having one of the most skilled and badass characters being killed by the lil bitch that hasn't even recorded a single kill in the RP (think Paris killing Achilles.)
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 3:35 pm

My new job will allow me a laptop on hand when I get out of training, so I'll be able to post from work in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

Ayo bruh so I heard a rebel general spot was open
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

V wrote:
Ayo bruh so I heard a rebel general spot was open

Yea that is cool. Just introduce him before next weekend. You can assume he was in charge of Resistance operations in the West or the North since we haven't heard much about those areas yet.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

I'll see what can be done.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 2:01 pm

Incoming monster post.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 4:28 pm

Alright. My massive post simplified:

Abasi gets ready to leave and finds a goblin sorcerer by the name of Vokky.

Abasi studies magic.

Vokky breaks into his room at night and provides some interesting and mysterious insight as to what he is capable of.

Abasi throws him off of the ship.

Vokky appears back on the ship.

They reach Garan.

They find Redeye.

The three of them are intercepted by General Skar and his men.

Vokky performs yet another interesting spell.

They piss General Skar off, and Abasi finally manages to pull off a spell.

They are now in some underground tunnels. Hooray.

Now, Wanderer, what I had in mind for Vokky was that he was one of Moribidus' very first generals, and his specialty, unique among his other generals, consists of curse magic. Curses, as in sickness, plagues, making his opponents, weaker and decreasing their strength, more vulnerable, playing with their defense and toughness, making them blind, deaf, capable of casting the Turncoat spell, which puts an enemy on your side for a short amount of time, and other things, I'm sure you can be creative. Further, his curses isn't always as strong and effective as it was on the anubite. It really depends on how resistant they are to magic, and how much effort he puts into a curse.

And since he isn't the first goblin general, I had an idea. Maybe he was Maximus' father? It could probably explain how Maximus got the job in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 5:36 pm

Well I just finished reading your post Patches. I enjoyed it alot and the new character Vokky. Vokyk actually foreshadowed quite a bit lol.

As for your plans on Vokky. His style of magic is okay with me. There's two things I cannot agree to though.

First of all Vokky cannot have been one of Moribidus' Generals because he would have been hunted quite thoroughly, and almsot certainly assasinated long before this story even began.
However, since he is old and mysterious perhaps a good origin story for Vokky would be that we was a leader in the Alliance, which Moribidus defeated 20 years a go to solidify his rule of the World. It is assumed that all of the Alliance was wiped out, but perhaps Vokky is the sole survivor of that time and group. This would also make Vokky the second oldest mortal character in the story besides the dragon Kilamondread.

Secondly, I will not have Vokky be Maximus's father. To be honest I don't have much of an origin story for Maximus. Of our original Party Max and Jasmine are the oldest, likely in their late 20s or early 30s. Maximus wields the Greenblade which is the ancestral Sword of the goblins. Since the Greenblade is only passed along generational lines and at death it is safe to assume Maximus' father died sometime before the rise of Moribidus.

Furthermore, Maximus is the last of the royal bloodline of goblins. The goblins have not had a king since the First Age. After the First Age the goblin royal bloodline continued, but they essentially lost their land for allying with General War, the first villain of this Universe. In the Lands of Myth the goblin Shelak basically lead the goblins to something of a revival by serving under the Vampire King Malice. Shelak was fairly evil, and was killed in battle by the human General Charles. With the rise of King Victor I, the goblins and orcs were largely persecuted and their race scattered. In the Medea era the goblins were still rather scattered and goblins fought on both sides of the Medea War. Nowadays many goblins have turned to Moribidus' side. Moribidus basically plays the races against eachother, and it is assumed he pretty much palys the goblins agaisnt the orcs.

Another important part of Vokky not being Maximus' father is it would sort of ruin Maximus' character. The only real loved one Maximus has in this World is Jasmine.

Goblins, orcs, and trolls, are pretty much the same race. Just as the various colors of elves are the same race. The Avians, Ostrach, and Strigid are likewise a single race (the Ava) I also imagine that the Houndoors, Canocephalus, and Anubites are also one race (Anubite), but Moribidus has simply perpetrated lies and propaganda to divide the races against eachother.

I liked that you had Vokky mention Moribidus' only real requirement for hiring is cruelty, and most of his underlings are incompetant outside of their cruelty. Cruelty is a big factor in getting hired by Moribidus, however the incompetance itself should be noted. Moribidus' intentionally keeps the incompetants around because they are less of a threat to his power, and also they are easy for him to manipulate.

The only thing Vokky said IC that wasn't true was he speculated that Moribidus would rather kill himself than be humiliated. Moribidus is the epitome of selfishness, and thus killing himself is the furthest thing from his mind. Moribidus will sink to absolutely no low, he has no real care for honor or reputation. He will do anything for power or for his own sadistic amusement. A more accurate statement would be that Moribidus woudl rather kill all lifei n the Universe than lose his power. When he loses the Sword and loses half of his power, he will try to do just that. Luckily for us the Wanderer is around the protect all life, which is why he made his magical agreement with Moribidus to pre-emptively prevent him from being able to snuff out all life.

I suppose I should also comment of Teleportation/Displacement. I will allow Vokky to have this power, but I want to make it clear that I will not let any other characters have this power. Vokky's own teleporting power should be limited to a small range as well, perhaps a few feet. It is not appropriate for him to be able to teleport between continents. Moribidus can teleport for now, but only because of the Sword. Once Moribidus' loses the Sword he will also lose the ability to teleport.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

Concerning the general and Maximus' father thing, I am completely fine with that, I was simply curious about what we could do with him. Some things he said about Moribidus may have not been true, but solely in the fact that he doesn't know everything about him, and that he hates him and every fiber of his being, so that may influence the way he thinks of the Emperor. And finally, as for the displacement, I never intended him to use it frequently, and especially not across continents.

I'm glad that you liked him.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

The Grouch wrote:
Concerning the general and Maximus' father thing, I am completely fine with that, I was simply curious about what we could do with him. Some things he said about Moribidus may have not been true, but solely in the fact that he doesn't know everything about him, and that he hates him and every fiber of his being, so that may influence the way he thinks of the Emperor. And finally, as for the displacement, I never intended him to use it frequently, and especially not across continents.

I'm glad that you liked him.

Yea it's okay for the characters to believe in things that aren't true. We've all ready had that a lot. I like it though, because while it does not convey the truth, it adds more depth to the characters and their personal feeling and beliefs. Also, expecially since this is the Reign of Moribidus, many truths are lost and replaced by outright lies and propaganda. A great example of this is when I did the short Classroom Post of young children essentially being brainwashed to think that the Wanderer was some sort of monster that Moribidus valiantly killed 20 years ago.

No one character knows the full truth about the World and its history except for the Wanderer.

As for developping Vokky, we will have time for this as the story goes on. Even though he is not Maximus' father, once he sees the Greenblade he will undoubtedly respect Maximus, and probably realize the importance of the Greenblade even more than Maximus does. Another good way to develop Vokky is jsut by his personality in your post I kind of assume he has met, or even possibly studied under the Wanderer in the days before Moribidus. Perhaps Vokky is the only character alive that can still remember the Wanderer, and even though he cannot be certain whether the Wanderer is alive or dead, maybe this makes him believe to an extent that the Wanderer is alive. This would also explain how Vokky achieved a magical feat that no one else ever has, and can teleport short distances. As well as a good explanation of how he could know so much magic and never be captured.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012, 8:10 pm

I remember that scene. I couldn't help but giggle at that. Those poor kids are going to be so confused when they become subject to Moribidus' will after growing up thinking that he is inherently good. Truths are fickle things, aren't they? :P Some may be more surprised by the truth, though those like Vokky would probably be even less surprised, considering he knows better.

This all sounds good and well. Adding Vokky into the story seems to have been a good decision, since it adds a bit of foreshadowing and adding fluff to other people's history, such as Maximus and his sword. Uncovering his own background sounds like an adventure in itself. I imagine that the reason Vokky forced himself upon Abasi was that he imagined that he could help bring him closer to the Wanderer and uncover some mysteries.

A very interesting character indeed. I wonder how many pages the whole roleplays makes in Word. Haha. That will be good. After we're done, one of us can go through it and format it properly so it reads like an actual book. That actually sounds great, I can't wait to get this story done. Well, never mind, I can. I don't want it to end too soon. But this is getting really exciting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)   Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fading of the World OOC (Now with Pictures!)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next