WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP

Go down 
+6
Sadie
Patches
€rim
lUN_Cat16
Szemetlada
TheNarrator
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP Empty
PostSubject: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

Problem: this forum is dying. Slowly, but it’s there. Therefore, throwing all planning made prior to around a couple hours ago out the window, I present a hop-in-hop-out RP with one focus: to finish as soon as possible, at around at least 10 pages, and finally give this forum a finished RP, something that everyone who participated in would look back and think to themselves, “Wow, we did something that didn’t fail.”

I shall post the Rules soon, but ultimately I am going to discard a couple major things. Namely, character sheets and planning. While I do have some setting and somewhat of a plot in mind, naturally, it’s only basic stuff (which might be all we need). The plot of this shall be made up mostly along the way by the RPers.

The basic plot that we’ll start on: We are in a large, underground expedition, drilling and mining for… something. We can interact as administrators to the project, as volunteer diggers (although we have assembly made Dwarves for that), as tourists and others who just want to hang out, etc.

Now then,

Rules
1. The usual stuff that all of you should know how to avoid. What with a lack of character sheets, I’ll be paying special attention for Mary Sues.
2. What with how short this shall be, I’ll be the only moderator.
3. While adding your own addition to the plot is great, please don’t change it too radically. For instance, completely stop the exploration for everyone to get back on the surface into the nearest city to fight vampires. That would be silly.
4. Go with whatever mood for your story floats your boat. I for one am aiming for a more humorous, wackier and denser route, but if you feel like adding CARAKTOR DARMAH, then I’m not going to stop you.
5. While I’m open to character diversity, I’d kind of like it if the lot of them were protagonists. If you have a character that you absolutely MUST make a villain, then please check with me.
6. No limit to the amount of characters you can have. However, I’d prefer it if there were no licensed characters. OCs you thought up for licensed works are fine, just keep them reasonably powered.
7. Have any questions? I’ll be happy to answer.
8. As said before, this can be a sort of 'drop-in-drop-out' affair. If you feel like making one post to throw in some plot point them leave to go do something else, that's fine by me.
9. While this may be short, I expect at least some literacy. A paragraph at least, please no one-liners.

Now that that’s done, the final question: who’s willing to participate in this?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

I will. Always wanted to see an RP without character sheets, this should be fun. >u<;
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

Sure why not. Any range to the amount of non-humans from none to whatever the heck you want?
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

I like this. It'll be nice to be part of something, but be able to still hop in and out if I want.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

Alright, sounds like this has enough participants for a fine start off. Expect the IC up by tomorrow (don't hold me on that though; Chrome is being wacky)

@Luna: Whatever the heck you want.

Last edited by Eruditio on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 6:34 pm

Alright cool :3
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

Ooooh.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

Indeed, I shall commence digging for a sheet immediately!

(Okay, that pun was just unbearably awful...)
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 10:51 pm

Jokie155 wrote:
Indeed, I shall commence digging for a sheet immediately!

(Okay, that pun was just unbearably awful...)

Now, now, mined your puns. We wouldn't want to start anything.

(Oh god)
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:10 pm

i guess i could give it a go o:
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

How would one take part in this venture?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 10:48 am

Reading the premise made me think:

"Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's home from work we go! Whistle-whistle-whistle, Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho heigh-ho!"

Dwarves and mining. I made the connection.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

Erops, stop drilling a hole in our fun. We're trying to dig to the heart of the issue here.

Oh god, just shoot me now I can't stop.

Oh.

Oh god.

Stop me I'm too much.

Oooohhh, sweet, sweet dicks in my mouth.

I'm wonderful.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

Oh, sorry. Am I boring you?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 11:59 am

Your pick on words is wrong. You either want to collapse under your own weight ore spelunk into humility. Either way, I'll cart you away because this battle is mine. Don't steel my thunder.

Your move.

Last edited by The Grouch on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Y'know, this argument is spiraling downwards.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

Alright, I managed to excavate the OP from my quaking computer, and buried it over in the Fantasy section. You can dig through it there.

Also, I'd prefer that, if you're planning on throwing in your own twist for the story, to limit how many plot twists you put in. Wouldn't want to see only one person overwrite the entire plot.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 2:50 pm

We'd better stop before more puns are unearthed - and you guys better have some good ones left, because mineral bad.

So forty-nine millionth time, can we all be soilent before the jokes get dirty?

(Okay Rix :3)
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 2:57 pm

You're going to need a deeper reason for this to stop, else everyone will still be digging for puns. Anyone else get minecraft 1.3? It's quite a jewel.
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 3:01 pm

that awkward moment when you decide to just have something with dragons but then you spend like half an hour worldbuilding an entire race for them

Also I posted first. Am winner.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

Clearly I am too vein to stop, so I'll deposit this last pun and post IC before caving in and coming back.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 4:24 pm

This blasting conversation isn't going to be of any tectonic aid for the roleplay. Of course, this was probably my fault that this discussion eroded. I didn't mean to detonate this, I'm sorry.

Why can't I stop.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 4:32 pm

We have to stop posting before the entire thread is dismantled.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 4:44 pm

Oh, we pumice. Granite, these puns are getting a bit on the rocky side. If we keep getting boulder and boulder, this will soon erupt into a pun-fest. Nobody would lava thing like that.

On a different note, can anyone just pop in and make a post?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

These puns are bad. Every sinkhole one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP   Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Downwards - An attempt at making a short, but finished, RP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: