WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

Todd sounds great. I could imagine everyone wanting to give him titles and (s)he's just 'No it's just Todd'.

Alright, so, the play style of the RP. We will have Civ style as a core, but individual character arcs are also quite important, so traditional RPing will be there. Also, I plan on using the ever rare 'no character sheet' format. Any opinions against any of these? Suggestions for other features?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

You could always try out this idea I thought might work for a while, a sort of character sheet in the intro post. It only ever works of course if you have a fairly literate group of RPers. I thought of it because I always have a very difficult time making the first post. This way there would be no "accepted or change this" but you would also be giving a lot more information about your character than is usually given with a general 'No sheet' intro. I never bothered making a format for it, but I think it would sort of go like this:
IntroPost:

Just an Idea, and the rest of that sounds great. Glad I could be of help and such.

Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

I like that! Might be worth a shot. o:
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

@Balu: That can probably work for specializing the characters getting a character arc. I'll probably go pure no-sheets for the AIs who we'll use for the main Civing though. Great idea, this saves us the trouble of posting specialization info in the OOC, which would make us wonder why we don't use sheets!

Also, a point I forgot to list: the World. I have no thought up info on it. Not even a name. I know it won't be single-biome, and might resemble typical fantasy worlds, but other than that, not much. Anyone want to fill in the blanks, or shall I?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

Alright, all I need now are the names of the Settlement and the name of the Planet/Land. After that, we will only need the most essential aspect, Participation, and then we're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 10:51 pm

DIDN'T YOU LIKE MY ELEMENTS? D:<
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 6:12 am

Your elements were fantastic! But there were so many that I would like the opinions of the other people interested. As well, it'd be nice to do the research and find the element that best suits the important-but-destructive history the Settlement has thus far built up for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

TheNarrator wrote:
Alright, all I need now are the names of the Settlement and the name of the Planet/Land. After that, we will only need the most essential aspect, Participation, and then we're good to go.

Settlement Name Ideas

Richtertide, Creswick, Leckdrôn

Planet/Land Name Ideas

Aldjac, Sie, Scayumi, Rtoeha, Jag

Okay, I'm done clicking the "Generate" buttons, so there. Hopefully one of these works, or, at least, get someone's creativity pumping.

Or, at worst, I can just make a total fool of myself and these can sit here to rot. Either way... Ta-da~

Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012, 1:51 pm

Alright, so for the Settlement names, I liked the prefix of one of Mata's, and after a bit of searching and translating, I altered it around to Malexitus. Any alterations or other's that anyone would like to propose?

As for the world name, that's a bit of a harder one, so I was thinking that it would vary amongst the translations of the species and the area, with Atgimes being the most popular, but something like Ricthertide being another popular one.

I intend to get the OP up soon, if not tonight. On another problem, shall we start immediately after the demolition of Hell and get to the AIs and the Civ playstyle, or shall we exude in natural character creation with a brief flashback to hours before the big moment, just to give all the individual characters a bit more characterization?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

Hmm... How much risk is there of getting hung up on the flashback, if we do it, and ending up with a slow progression?
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012, 6:13 pm

Not too much: it would be used to start individual character arcs, and build the complex web of relations I had planned. We would either start during the joyous celebration of completing Todd's mysterious task (although with several underlying feelings, seeing that no one really knows what it is he is going to do with a well so deep), or during the moments before hitting the bottom. The time between those two scenarios and the critical event would last at the most half a day.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

Alright, I vote for that option then :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)   Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advance towards the Heavens - Planning Thread (Requesting Lock)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: