WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Our Legacy planning/OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

Our Legacy planning/OOC Empty
PostSubject: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

Almost one year ago, on the 21st of December, the human race discovered the pinnacle of medical sciences. Medical Researchers found the cure for cancer...but human error and arrogance blinded them from the truth. The animal specimens that were used to test the effectiveness of the vaccine against cancer either died three days after being cured, or were corrupted by an unexpected flaw in the cure's genetic make up. Refusing to wait any longer, the researchers rushed to mass produce the vaccine for "the good of humanity". Now, after the disease went airborne, few remain alive who are not affected by the Virus or killed by those infected. Life is harsh and food is scarce, which drives many to insanity. However, not all who are infected are feral, some have retained enough intelligence to coordinate with one another using various tools, such as guns. Along with the effected humans, animals have become victims as well; such as escaped lab rats who in turn infected other rats. The year is 2013, some time around the month of June...you are a surviver living in the Denver area, you do your labors in daylight hours and lock yourselves away at night. This is survival...this is the legend of the end of humanity...

This is our Legacy...

Just in case you haven't guessed, this RP is based on the movie and book entitled "I am Legend". I am still forming this as is, so bear with me while we get stuff set up!

Infected enemy classes:
In this RP, I am incorporating many enemy types for a wider variety of things to fight, this list contains those enemies and any important attributes they have.

Shriekers: Vultures who were contaminated by eating the flesh of infected humans, they nolonger scavange, they prey on live humans. They are nocturnal, and will die in sunlight just like everything else. When they spot prey they let out a loud and raspy shriek, alerting the others of their flock. Numbers range from one to seven per flock.

Swarmers: Infected rats that occupy condemnable housing outlets and sewer systems. They are vicious and attack in swarms, hence the the name. They roam in hordes averaged around fifty rats, and are very quick.

Hunters: Contaminated dogs which the infected humans use as pets, usually unleashed upon their enemies in packs of two to five. They are quick, dangerous, and relentless persuers.

Infected: They are the most common of the "darkseekers", and have superhuman agility and strength. They are feral, and communicate by roars, growls, and shoving each other around. On average it can take three to four bullets to kill one, or as an alternative...the front of your car.

Lost ones: Almost looking like some sort of mutant, these types are infected children with thinner, but slightly longer limbs. They have supernatural abilities that others don't, like climbing upside down on the ceilings, or on walls. Given their climbing abilities, they can survive up to two stories of a fall without having so much as even slight injury. However they are rare, as the virus overpowered and killed most children.

Banshees: Female infected who are quicker than normal, they let out a piercing scream when attacking, but aren't any more durable. They are normally solitary, but if any other "darkseekers" hear the cry...you know the rest.

Brutes/tanks: Appropriately named because of their strength and durability. Unlike the rest they can take up to around eight bullets, and then some. They can also survive being hit by a car going up to fifty MPH, and on the other hand can move or even overturn a car if given the chance. They have lost most of their ability to run, and therefore close in on their prey slowly before dashing to the kill.

Alphas: There is one for every thousand below him, they are faster, stronger, and as durable as a brute. They are the head at the top of the line, and that position wasn't just given to them.

Gangs: Diseased humans who've retained quite alot more intelligence than the others, yet still attack on sight. They know how to speak in complete paragraphs but do not regularly do so. They've learned how to use weapon items like knives and guns. They enjoy taunting and torturing non-infected humans.

Elected soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEAE6C71F12DE322D&feature=plcp

Rules:
1. Basic RP rules, use grammar, try to post atleast three sentences, no godmodding, powerplaying, or metagaming.
2. The only way you're getting anywhere fast is in a car, so don't travel somewhere on foot and expect NOT to be attacked. Plus the supplies are needed, this is realistic afterall.
3. Remember this IS sort of post-apocalyptic, so there will be trust issues.
4. Please refrain from sexual interactions, there are better things to do than scream and moan all night and get killed and eaten by infected for doing so.
5. Me or chosen mods will control larger groups of enemies and harder enemies, but feel free to control smaller groups of enemies you encounter on your own decision.
6. You get ONE immune character, unless you are allowed more.
8. I expect you all to have the sense of reading over our rules, and if you break one you'll have three warnings before you're outta here, but I don't see that happening.
9. Be nice, play fair, have fun. You are human afterall.

I'll need help pointing out if these rules really belong here because I've only made like three RPs and their rules weren't strong enough and the plot not deep enough. So don't just bash on me for not getting it right.

Character sheets:

Username/nickname: (If you want to be called something else)
Name:
Age: (Between 16 and 40. You may ask for lower or higher through PMs.)
Misc: (Do you have a car, gun, pet, family heirloom, or piece of jewelry?)
Other: (Bio, or anything else you want to type.)
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

Reserve
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:35 pm

Ooooh I really kinda wanna join this, but I'm leaving for a two-week vacation tomorrow... >3<; I loved that movie though!
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

Yes. Well, you should feel this as being familiar, because this is a revamp of the thread I started back in the summer. All the info here has been updated, and to get rid of those dusty old cobwebs I simply made a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:49 pm

Ahhhh okay! Well maybe if it's still in planning phases when I get back, or if I end up having more free time than I think I'll be having on the trip, I can make a sheet :3
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:52 pm

Yeah, you could use the one you made for the version who's launch was cancelled. Or not...cause eww old ladies.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 11:16 pm

Pffffft. >u<; Was that Masha?
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 11:42 pm

I am totally joining this. I am Legend is one of my favorite movies.
Back to top Go down
GhostofTerra
User
GhostofTerra

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 2:10 pm

Welcome aboard my good man! Hope you don't mind if I sing the Happy Walrus Song

I think so Mata.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Legacy planning/OOC   Our Legacy planning/OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Legacy planning/OOC
Page 1 of 1