WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

World of Illidia - OOC

Go down 
+8
ron
Szemetlada
Shade
DB
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
RCMidas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Yes to both the above questions.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 1:33 pm

Well then. A private message was sent, and I'll see what I can do with a post.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

Greater evil? Surely you jest. PC's are always the greater evil.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 3:47 pm

[*]Name: Varn Kress, once "Sir Varn"
[*]Race: Human
[*]Ambition: Once a noble knight of Gunthartaz, now a corrupted authority that once held high authority within the ranks of the city's army. Having recently been discharged for his change of character; once honest and noble, now selfish and cold-hearted, he leaves his once proud name in pursuit of greater power than he ever thought capable of possessing with frightening ambition. He sets out to study up on necromagic and to find marrangha cultists.
[*]Unique Features: He bears a scarred body, pale skin and long black hair often brushed back in a windswept appearance. Upon his body is chain mail riveted with dark iron plate metal with a slashed etching of the emblem of Gunthartaz. Underneath are simple rough spun garments. His head is not adorned by a helmet, and he has no shield to protect himself with. But a long sheathe is strapped to his back that holds a massive sword that requires two hands - a claymore - with a lovely hilt and handle.

[*]Magical Ability: He has natural magical capability but knows no magic as of yet.

Last edited by The Grouch on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 4:08 pm

So what you're saying is you're evil anti me? Challenge accepted.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

I just noticed, haha. I could have been your ex-mentor for plot's sake.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 5:28 pm

Mayhaps.

You realize that by invoking the law of opposites, I need to become the opposite of a Death-knight (Paladin?) and fight you in a glorious final showdown, right?

Last edited by Ji on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm

So I'm trying to figure out what you'd call the standard Talmay-brand magic.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2013, 1:48 am

Here it goes. I spent way longer on the clothing than I'd like to admit.

[*]Name: Syrrynon Senkazon
[*]Race: Caarth
[*]Ambition: To be at the forefront when the Caarth inevitably take over the world as the superior race. If the rest of the Caarth don't start their conquest on his timetable, he'll start it himself if he has to.
[*]Unique Features: He's of a dutifully average height, with black scales and piercing red eyes.
His clothing consists of many layers (which, out of character, are roughly 14th-century Persian in origin). On the inside, he wears a red shalwar and white pirihan (a mid-thigh-length, short-sleeved tunic-like undergarment). Above that is the sleeveless undercoat that goes down just a little further down than the pirihan. Above is a cross-overkaftan, made from a fairly complex green silk brocade, with a vine (or is it really serpents?) pattern blue and silver. As it indicates by its level of complexity, Syrrynon is a man of moderately high station. The kaftan is closed with a sash of red, with silver thread woven in. At this layer, he has his belt, various pouches, and dagger. On the very outside, there's a loose, flowing overgarment that reaches ankle-length and has elbow-length sleeves. It is made of a less ornate brocade than the kaftan, with a blue background and green accents. When out of the desert, he has a similar coat lined with fur. For shoes, he wears a pair of sandals with images of the other high races stamped into their soles, so that he always treads on the faces of his enemies. These are supplemented with a sturdy pair of two-toed socks when the weather isn't hot enough.
[*]Magical Ability: Yes. Binding and Marrangha.

He's a thoroughly indoctrinated individual who hears voices in his head; he believes this to come from either Sithera or his deceased father (a wealthy silkmerchant at the border of the desert, who was killed by thieves from outside), but maybe it's just some other evil force whose attention his experiments have attracted. Currently, he runs his fathers trading network in a very hands-off fashion, while he trains his magic, experiments with his magic, and does his best to follow the voices.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Failing an answer on what the opposite of a death-knight is, could we get more information on them? I'm currently plotting to jury-rig magic together to emulate it, without becoming an undead abomination.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 6:43 pm

I'm going to finish up the magic section tonight. Having spent the evening asleep, I'm fully rested up, so no chance of dropping off unexpectedly. I've even got all of tomorrow free to polish everything up and get the back broken for the races section, but I'll do that once I've updated for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 7:03 pm

Awesomesauce. Having a bit more to reference magic-wise will be nice.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 7:44 pm

Okay, cool! Appreciate it! :3
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 9:45 pm

I'm about done with magic now, but a bit of feedback on it would be nice - at the moment I'm still kinda reading things between the lines automatically and am not entirely sure if there's anything I really need to clarify or just make a little less obscure (that's not intentionally so).

Probably take a couple more hours once I've got a few thoughts. Word of warning: unless there's overwhelming favour for it, I'm not going to go down the route of individually-named "true" spells and will only stick to your general cantrips. I've got a list of those from the original RP that I'm looking for and will transfer across when I get them.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

I like what you have done with the magic schools, it's rather in depth. I have no questions as of right now, but I will send them your way if they occur.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2013, 6:03 am

Now when you talk of binding you mention making weapons. Could one also form protection with Binding? Be it magic armor or otherwise?
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2013, 6:41 am

Yes, that's right. Will add that in.

Also bulked up the races section a bit. Listing every sentient or semi-sentient will take up far too much space and time, but it's mostly done.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2013, 6:52 am

Excellent. Binding and inward focused Mentalism might be exactly what I need.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

Really bad internet and a death in the family; my posting will be sporadic. Feel free to replace my presence by imitating my bad puns whilst I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2013, 12:45 am

Sorry to hear that, Shade... Take your time.
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:05 pm

Ouch, yeah man, take your time. I'm effectively afk (my own, that is) for the moment, so I should be able to get an actual update up Thursday or Friday.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

I'm sorry Shade. I reall am.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2013, 8:41 am

>in response to the magic stuff

hrrrm.

That's interesting... So Ko is an Earth Elementist, yes? Perhaps, given that such studies are looked down upon, I should add a second discipline for him to study as well- Ko strikes me as being concerned with the perspectives of others, and he would want another field to be able to point at and go "the elementist thing is really just a side bit to that."

realistically, given the focuses I've already given him, Artifice.

Also, I want to play a Notura Master so much now... not someone who spent decades working on it, though, one of the crazy people. Because, come on, wouldn't that be so much fun?

... actually, that would basically end up being Discord. huh.

Oh god. Archiving this so I don't forget. Ko is going to be a bit of a poet, because of a new idea that just popped into my head. Considering how the speech went in the class, I've decided that scholars, atleast in this one city, are taught that "Brevity is the soul of truth." (with no explanation or expansion, even when asked, because they need to learn to discover the implications of a simple statement on their own.)
Back to top Go down
RCMidas
Refugee
RCMidas

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013, 12:14 pm

That strikes me as about right.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2013, 5:31 pm

Not much time to respond, huh?

Also, I'm considering writing up a massive thing on the emotional displays of Serachren, and what they look like. Do they have beaks or mouths?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Illidia - OOC   World of Illidia - OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World of Illidia - OOC
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next