WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

So... Dragons?

Go down 
+7
Rachel
Diamondback
Patches
Surprise
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Solace Goddark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

So... Dragons? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 1:06 pm

Oh, you know. Working together with some friends... And I got the Circuit for a really low price (90k treasure) on the Auction House... I'll keep you guys posted on their babies, if you would like.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 1:31 pm

Dang. I think I've made enough money total to buy one of those, and I've been grinding for cash pretty hard. Then again, hatchling luck wasn't in my favor, but I'll get there eventually. Those aren't the color schemes I'm looking for, so I'll just pick up some genes myself when the time comes.

Also, fiery might fragment or leaf bolt, anyone? I have spares.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm

Mister Arch, if I had the treasure, I would buy that Fae. Or the gene...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

Well, since the dragon isn't for sale, and I can't remove the gene without deleting it, would you like to save up some treasure and see what her babies look like? Since I'll be breeding her with Drought (the GemBond Guardian), their children are going to either be GemBond or Circuit Fae OR GemBond or Circuit Guardians...

So... Dragons? - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mmmw9uTdZh1r0vr4u

Going off this chart (which is correct, by the way; you read it by looking at the shortest distance between the two colors you're looking for), their children will be somewhere between Banana and Silver (which is a pretty big number of options) for their Primary, Maize and Midnight on the Secondary, and Lemon and Seafoam for Tertiary (the GemBond and Circuit color).

Eh, the Secondary and Tertiary options aren't that great, but... Who knows? They might have some gorgeous babies.
Back to top Go down
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 6:35 pm

I would definitely do that. How much do you want for any Fae babies with the Circuit?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm

I'm not really sure, to be honest! We can see what their babies look like first, and then we can haggle from there... Although I'm going to guess somewhere between 35k and 50k? I guess it all depends, really.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 6:56 pm

We'll have to see. I might be interested.

Unfortunately, their primary range is exceedingly similar to my progenitor's. Which was is to Midnight. 

Either way though, I couldn't afford to pay market price for those babies. My only hope is to try to make a lot of money of off what hatchlings I can raise.

I have unfortunately spent too much money having my custom progenitor be fancy and dignified and stuffs.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:03 pm

I have no idea what I'm doing. I've sold off three of the five hatchlings, and now I only have
Eridan
Spoiler:
and an Unnamed tundra.
Spoiler:
Most of the babies bore purple shades and I've no clue why. I've also bought a Guardian male and named him Solidus, but he (and every other dragon I have) won't be available to breed for 11 days.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm

For what colors your babies will turn out, just look at the color wheel on the last page. Find the parents' colors, and anything on the shortest arc between them are color options. You should probably sell off those other two after buying two replacements from someone else, to prevent inbreeding. This will give you two breeding pairs, so you can sell and exalt hatchlings that much faster.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:12 pm

What price should I ask for them? 
(Also, it introduces new colors into the gene pool)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

Just look through the auction house for the current price people seem to be charging for hatchlings. It changes too often for me to remember it, but I tend to undercut current market price at 20,000 to get rid of the hatchling immediately. Most people ask about 22000-30000 for a common breed.

Arch posted a color wheel on the previous page if you want to determine the colors of possible children from your breedings, and explained how to find it.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:42 pm

I went with 35K and 40K.

They aren't selling.

Don't just pick the most common price.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:47 pm

No. But economics are a thing, they exist, and when you overprice things they tend to not get sold. 

You may very well sell your dragons, because you have exactly what someone is looking for, but common exists for a reason. 

That aside, get high prices while you can, I suppose. Dragon prices are steadily going down.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 7:58 pm

Yeah, I think they're going to wax and wane. Considering people may or may not mash the breed button as soon as it's available, there'll be times of plenty and times of scarcity as dragons go.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

Heh, I'll myself by trying to space my breedings to get a continual flow of hatchlings.

But not that that matters. Bred dragons are currently second class selling citizens man. Everyone's all over these first gen dragons, it's silly, but they are. 

First gens are found in randomly gathered or battled for eggs. Their only advantage is they have no parentage. For some reason this means they are zee master race and the better deals, found in the forums, typically request them as if they're better.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:07 pm

What would eggs fall under in gathering?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

Beats the hell outta me.

I've been trying scavenging or digging, but according to the everyone else who has not found one yet, they're really rare.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:10 pm

I spend six actions on gathering food and then the remaining four on digging and scavenging. It's an alright revenue flow.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:17 pm

If you do the coliseum for food, (To which it is entirely good enough to provide for four to sixish dragons) you can devote all 10 (Or 15 if you keep your entire clan well fed for three days straight and then continually there after) to those.

Granted, 40ish scavenging has found me freaking nothing but bones and bone... jars?
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:19 pm

You can click on jars and stuff to open them.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

No, no, I know, I know. I'm just confused as to how you scavenge that, but dig up jars of gold. Me thinks someone got wires crossed.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

Just bought a Fae and I still have around 41K left.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

I think I'm going to weight and grind until they're at breeding readiness.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

I suggest saving up for the nesting grounds upgrades and the lair upgrades, if you want to have a steady stream of breeding dragons all the time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... Dragons?   So... Dragons? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... Dragons?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next