WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit Empty
PostSubject: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:30 pm

Now, bitches, I am going to give life back into music. And in the process, the RPP.

The best way to do that is to... Make RPs. But, I'm unsure what to make, exactly. Therefore, I am starting a little interest check.

Since I am half asleep right now, you will get half assed basic ideas, deal with it.

1. The Megaverse: The Criss-Cross Conspiracy

Alright, I was in the mood for my own Multiverse-type RP for a little while now. Basically, there are a shitload of universes out there. Each of them are unique in their own way. Some are sci-fi, some are fantasy. All of them are different. There were barriers placed to keep the universes separate--- But, for some reason, this barrier was broken; causing portals to open in some of the universes. Goatse-style. Therefore, causing the Champions of these universes to spill out on to each other's worlds. Havoc, and awesomeness followed. Either, these champions will try to make friendly with each other, or murder each other. No matter what happens, a threat will loom that will... You know what the fuck's going to happen. No point in even saying it.

This RP will be different from the other rps I'm going to suggest here, in a major way. Because this RP will be focused on AWESOME. This TVTropes page basically sums up what I mean. This RP will feature lots of silly or improbable elements simply because they're awesome. The Willing Suspension of belief (And to an extent, disbelief) will basically be nonexistent after we're through with this RP. Because this RP will not be one to be taken seriously, it will be one for fun. However, I do expect things to make sense. I just want things to be over-the-top awesome.

Now, as for characters: you can make literally any character you please. However, there will be a simple process before you make characters, if you can bear with me. First, you'll have to fill out a long-ish sheet describing your universe. Second, then you make characters for that universe (Quickly interjecting that you can make characters for other universe). Easy enough? As I was saying, literally any character. Because this RP will be over-the-top as hell. Therefore, I will allow powerful characters.

Now, if what you read read wasn't an indicator enough, this RP will have lots of fighting. Over the top fighting.

If you excuse, I have to kill myself for using the word "awesome" too much.

2. Young New Generation: Journey of a old World

A simple idea I had. Basically it's about a group of random adventurers in a fantasy setting, going town, to city, to nation, having generally nonlinear adventures. It'll be one big fantasy kitchen sink, with mythological creatures from every single culture or whatever. Dragons, Minotaurs, Elves, that shit. The main crisis that the world will be facing is that the magic is fading away. Poof, gone. Therefore, the world's falling into chaos as what is holding the world together (Not literally) is gone. So, people are going to be a bit crazy. And that could possibly be the group's motivation. However, I want this to lean on medieval. So, it'll be less about shooting fireballs, and more about killing stuff with swords, and anything like that. I'll allow pretty much anything as long as it's fantasy/medieval. Samurais? Yes. Knights? Yes. Vikings? Yes. Lady Gaga. No.

You get the picture by now. This RP will be combat based, with plenty of story! Yes. Lotssssss of story.

3. Soul in a new Machine: The Cybernetic Prison

Cyyyyyboooooooorgs... Basically, I've been playing far too much Human Revolution, Anarchy Reigns, and Metal Gear Solid. Therefore, I want to make an RP about cyborgs. I generally want Metal Gear Sold/Anarchy Reigns type cyborgs, using cool weapons and epic technology based abilities. The setting? The world has gone to shit, and it's post apocalyptic. Nuclear war was engulfed the world, and turned the place into a generally unkind place. Before you even start thinking; there will be NO mutants or anything of the kind. There will be cyborgs. Now, back to the plot, cybernetics have spread all over the world, and see widespread use, in case that already wasn't obvious. Cybernetics are easily acquired, and can be put together by just about anyone. There are, of course, that kind of cybernetics, and the epic high-end cybernetics that are capable of bad assery.

Okay, I think I'm going off point here. Now, as the world has gone to shit: there is a utopia known as Haven. It's a massive, nation-sized, city in the middle of Africa. Keeping in the peeps that are rich and privileged, while keeping out the unmentionables. The cast will be apart of some elite special cyborg forces. Heading out of Haven to catch a terrorist with the power to turn Haven upside down. All while murdering every psychopath that he has employed, along the way.

As you can tell, this RP will be combat-based.

If you guys don't like these ideas, you can screw off. Because, I am tired, and therefore, extremely pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 10:49 pm

I've been longing for the revival of Ilidia (maybe even a reboot since I thought of a better way to start Varn's story), and the recent Pathfinder games I've been playing have also been influencing my interests, so the second option leaves me intrigued. Just so I'm aware, to what degree will magic be present, if at all? I'm probably going to end up in a more martial position rather than magical or intellectual this time around, but it's good to get a heads up.

Basically if even fireballs weren't commonplace, I'm wondering if things like voodoo, curses, rituals and others are still a thing.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 11:12 pm

Jester wrote:
Just so I'm aware, to what degree will magic be present, if at all? I'm probably going to end up in a more martial position rather than magical or intellectual this time around, but it's good to get a heads up.

Basically if even fireballs weren't commonplace, I'm wondering if things like voodoo, curses, rituals and others are still a thing.

Here's the thing: a bit of magic will still be present in the world, and can still be used by just about anyone. Except, the "average" magic user will have far weaker magic. To the point of quarter-strength. So, the things you mention are still possible--- Just not practical in most situations.

However, to the stronger magic users... Um, you should be able to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 11:18 pm

So I imagine if someone wants a more powerful magic effect, he won't be able to pull it off through spontaneous casting, he'll have to spend time scraping together as much magic in the area as he can?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 11:20 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013, 11:22 pm

I'd be more interested in 2 or 3. I don't really get into multiverse RP's much.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 1:34 am

Sweet, more revival proposals.

I might already have a character suited to #2, due to Ilidia. Sort-of. Not sure how many mythical insects there are, which is unfortunate if importing species isn't available, but I can probably make do with saurians.

Does anyone in-setting not accept that magic exists? Alternatively. Is there any chance we could help finish off magic, instead?

#3 reminds me of The Reckoning of Lesser Men, which is good. Not sure how many people from there are left.

Untouchable antagonists tend to bother me, which I suppose is the point. But I'm worried the journey to a satisfying conclusion would be something of a long haul. Those... um, don't seem to often be completed.

I assume neither of these would be GM'd, and so I'd have to consider the propulsion of plot at greater length than in the aforementioned RPs. But that'd be a useful exercise.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 2:01 am

I'm going to say two or three myself. I have a preference for two, because a fantasy world losing its magic? This is my jam! I'm always the melee guy.

I'd be more interested in the third, but I prefer my cyberpunk in settings where man exists, and has gotten rampant in his immorality, a la shadowrun, or your mentioned Deus Ex. After the apocalypse just seems... one too many futures. How can anyone just whip up a cybernetic? Are we all master engineerosurgeons?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 11:06 am

Now, it's very likely that I'll be doing the second option. Give me a month or two to whip up an OP, then we can play.

I'm going to try to be excessively detailed as possible with the OP. Which means it's probably going to be looooooooooooooong.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm

Month what.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Aug 2013, 8:51 pm

It takes me retardedly long times to write stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit   RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Ideas by your favorite pimp. Look at this shit
Page 1 of 1