WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Earthheart - OOC

Go down 
+5
Master of ImpZ
Gnd
Patches
JazzTap
Snowy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

Extendo-fists. Like gauntlets but they piston outwards. Like the Engineers from Borderlands 2, but longer.
The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 Latest?cb=20120928234013
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015, 3:23 am

A caster, having to aim? My expectations, they are rocked. Except for wands, which I forgot about.

Like, one that recharges off of sunlight reflected by the moon or a sufficiently large body of water, so that the resource management is nontrivial. That fires beams of introspection, so that it's also useful out of combat (but useless on mindless things), and not much like a gun at all. If I happen to need personal defense, I'll just cast 'dimensional door' and promptly undertake a disastrous misadventure in the Beyond.

But eventually I will also want ribcage-mounted cannons and swarming-insect-mounted dart launchers, because I've started to notice that natural weapons are not conducive to killbots. Also a little ammo-transmuting box, as per videogames.

Also, actual scrying, to enable hiding behind things / in a sealed box / outside the visible spectrum while fighting. As opposed to assuming that I have a decent vantage point from which I observe distant goings-on, to the point of distraction (for whatever that's worth) from immediate goings-on.

Er, but pistols for my dogs would be a good start. Maybe I could get Glenn to craft the mount (just add an eyesocket to the skull) and an internal finger to pull the trigger. And I don't have one myself because I lose it on purpose because it triggers an inferiority complex I took two already and we ran out.

Short-range explosives sound hilariously dangerous. Piston-powered punches remind me of spring-loaded mantis shrimp punches, which probably wouldn't form cavitation bubbles in air sadly, but are definitely an interesting way to generate force over a still-very-short range.

Speaking of eyes, tetrachromatic beastfolk should totally perceive several extra colors distinguished by their UV component. Especially as part of their own pigmentation.

edit: Oh, I made sure to count the wolves. Tythirr beat me to Urvad's relief, and Mata said the ones that she and Kyra grazed were down and out, so I stole the last one from Glenn. But since he was harrying them the whole time, they do sound more competent, happily.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015, 11:13 pm

I'm still alive, folks, but barely. I'm uber busy this week and next week I'll be in Italy, so I might not be able to post for a bit. Sorry about that. Luckily, my character is relatively minor so it won't mess up the plot if he doesn't show up until I get back.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

Pistol dogs... Ah yes, the fabled 10th TF2 class.

The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 TF2dog1

Italy! Awesome dude :D Let us know how it goes!

And yeah, don't worry about it. Lutin's so stealthy we can probably assume he's just following us this whole time :P
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015, 11:22 pm

I'm waiting for gnd to post because he's the character being most directly addressed, that and I'll be posting something important soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2015, 11:38 pm

Omni will be, indeed... *mysteriousfingers*

Anyone can respond though. xP I wouldn't want to restrict the posting order to one person or anything
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 12:43 am

You might not, but it makes more sense for him to go next. :p

I'll take the reins and start driving us forward about now, tomorrow, if he still hasn't posted. Still feels like he should go next.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 1:55 am

True that :D
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 3:22 am

RL takes priority. In theory, and sometimes in practice.

My Googling did not warn me about the pistol dogs. It would not have warned me had I searched for 'guard dog', either. Jarate dispenser, indeed.

Grand says he'll post 'later'. Even if we try to drive off without Urvad, I'm sure he'll catch up.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 5:02 am

My plan was at least to point wryly at the brave hero who responded to his first encounter by being stuck in a tree :p
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 5:13 am

That also works, if you'd like to go now. :p
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 8:01 pm

Whatever happens somebody should post today.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 2:06 am

Revisiting an old game, I'm half tempted to make a second character, though maybe not playing for the heroes? I have no idea which side he'd be on, and he'd be about as serious as something not very serious at all, but I'm tempted all the same to add someone to the "not hilariously rich" crowd.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 10:03 am

Glenn and your character shouts at the rest of the cast with their hands in the air, "where you do get all this money!"

Meanwhile, Omni is next in line to inherit all of Larocia.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm

Oh hey, I neglected to think that maybe we'd be wrapped up in sleeping bags and such. Welp. Time to handwave my nonexistent knowledge of outdoorsing. Good thing none of us got stuck in our sleeping bag. Beastfolk camping gear must be either very rugged or semi-expendable, on account of the talons and such.

Come now, Arj'atyn's inheritance was all plundered by the courts and such, since she never officially made it home. Her funds are all from being edgy chasing paydays and stuff. Good thing we have all these currently-rich folk to foot party bills, then.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 1:48 pm

I'd imagine that Arj's bed must be some foldable/rollable cushion with an electric blanket on top - since, you know, she's a lizard. Unless the fire is big and bombastic enough to heat up the whole camp. That'd probably be Glenn's fault if it were the case.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 2:17 pm

Yeah I kind of forgot that would have been a thing too. :P

I didn't really account for the whole being in bed thing, and even if I was on watch I didn't really do a good job of waking everyone up.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm

Eh. Lizards have hips built for side-to-side locomotion, too, and here I am disregarding that. (For that matter, it's absurd for me to choose a hominid bodyplan over a theropod one, since I can at least claim relation to dinosaurs, and then I could justify the tail.) Yet, theriocephaly has such unscientific appeal.

Sapient brains are so energetically expensive that I can hardly imagine a poikilothermic ectothermic species developing one. So Atyn can generate her own bodyheat. Although cheaping out on that with an electric blanket is still a thought. Otherwise, all sufficiently rich lizardfolk would just carry around / have implanted an amulet of heat in order to function at all hours of the day in non-tropical climates. Which might even be the case, and who'd know the difference?

It'd work even better if they were more magic. Wait, what's the energetic expense of being magic?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

Are both the Lizardfolk and the Vrana descended from some common dinosaurian ancestor? That'd justify the genealogy on the drive, if nothing else. No reason why you couldn't have developed endothermia. You're much better than some common skink.

I recall magic being described as tiring, so I have to assume it has some sort of energy draw, or one couldn't get "tired" using it. Unless it's some kind of metaphysical tiredness, I suppose...
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 12:09 am

Yeah, magic tires you out. In a similar way that exercising tires you out, but it's separate from stamina. So you could be like, mentally, physically, or magically exhausted. Just think Skyrim!

Poor Urvad xD

Okay, so the consensus is y'all will aaall fit in the jeep, right? That's actually perfect!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 2:16 am

I'm going to put this here against my better judgment. It would probably be silly to introduce another character at this point, and I don't expect this to get approved, but I had to see it through.

Name(s): Todd Eikre
Race: Human
Pronouns: He/him
Skills, talents, and useful knowledge/abilities/possessions: He’s a classically [some might say too classically] trained magician, of mostly water, heat, and dark magics. His specialties are alchemy/artifice, brewing, and wandcraft, and creatively regenerating mana (most common sources are alcohol, freshly destroyed magical constructs, and blood).
Hobbies and interests: Magic law
Greatest strength: He has a knack for coaxing magic out of almost anything, though not necessarily with predictable results.
Greatest challenge: Blatant substance abuse.
Appearance and personality: Todd hasn’t had a bath, not in quite a while. He presently wears a one-armed leather jacket, parachute pants, flip-flops, a leather girdle (under the jacket), eerily supple leather gloves, and atop his head sits a traffic cone, worn as a makeshift wizard’s hat. He’s clean-shaven, somehow, with fair skin, brown hair, and irrationally bushy eyebrows. His breath smells of liquor and other things, but he still has a wizened look in his eye that belies he’s not your typical hobo. He is basically inseparable from a pole of green wood, which seems to have grown into and merged with an apple, a plum, a pear, and several bananas. Also in his current gear is an ornate but worn hubcap with runes etched into the back, which he uses as a magical shield, an ordinary-looking stick with green leaves on it, and a toy horn.
Backstory: Dr. Eikre started as a gifted student of magic fresh out of university, with a degree and a host of job offers for his doctorate work on ambient mana extraction. The highest bidder was from the Mor-Dred Beverage Conglomerate, which was looking to put together a line of energy drinks for mages, to refresh their magical strength via refreshment. He accepted their offer and worked for years putting together lines of slightly magical beverages, with varying success binding them with mana in usable form. It seemed that the best success he was having was with alcohol, so he embarked on a checkered career of brewing and product testing, until finally he got too “wizard crunk” on the job and caused an accident that led to the distillery being sucked into the Veil. Nobody has ever hired him again (a fact for which he blames the "Bolt Council"), but he’s managed to make occasional money peddling cheap wands made of junk. This did not save him from becoming homeless, as the legal fees took care of that almost immediately. He’s served time, less than he lets on.

Coming in this late, it’s dubious he even got a letter at all, but he’ll follow you around for a bit if you offer him a shower and washed clothes.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

Cone hat? Hubcap shield? Oh my gawsh I love him. xD Yeah, we'll have to work him in somehow. What about as a contact when the six get sent on their first mission? He could be an old acquaintance of Mrorgain's, whom she asks to guide the company (and who may later join up with them)!

Yeah, don't be afraid to submit characters after we've already started. I know Imp's been thinking of joining in later, if his schedule ever allows it!
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

Mata are you going to post one last time before we set off or?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm

Snowy wrote:
Name(s): Todd
The only name Glenn will be able to pronounce properly aside from his own.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

"Todd! Now that's the name of a guy I'll remember after I punch his fucking lights out!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earthheart - OOC   The Earthheart - OOC - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Earthheart - OOC
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next