WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!

Go down 
+5
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
Patches
Rachel
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:13 pm

Oh boy! I hope you can actually put them to good use.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:29 pm

Me too. I'm just wondering what kind of character I'll make first... Of course, you know me. Paladins have always held my interest... As have Rogues...

Anywho, what now? Annoy Alex when she gets here... You're posting, right?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

Next chance I get to play in a legitimate campaign and not some weekly module, I intend to make a Blackguard, myself. (Basically, anti-paladins. Doesn't mean they can't be good, mind you, just that where a paladin gets power from the noble intention of say, sacrifice, a blackguard gets his from the dark emotion of fury.)

I would be, but then I remembered... I've been up for over 24 hours, the bed becons. I'll make it when I get it, viva la weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

Sounds fun like fun, actually. I hope you get the chance.

Hmm. Well, see ya tomorrow. I'll see what I can do about Alex.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 3:38 am

Huh. Blackguards are literally THE anti-paladin. They are evil through and through and probably one of the only classes I could somewhat agree with having an alignment restriction on. Did they change them in 4e?

Sorry, Terraria is not (I repeat, not) the only thing bogging my time down. Lots of family stuff going on. Gonna see what else happens in the next few posts before my character's attention is finally caught. Thinking of playing him like a stoner.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:28 am

That sounds awesome, Derp. It really does.

Anyway, Alex seems to have dropped out after forgetting her character's name... Which means I should probably have Corthana take that Ritual feat soon. You know. Since now we lack anyone who can use them. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:26 am

Ya need a feat for rituals? I need to look that up later. Don't worry, my stoned dragonborn will walk upto some conversation that he hears, probably within the next post or so (whoever that may be).
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

I believe it is called 'Ritual Casting', and it only applies to reading from a ritual book.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

Some classes start being able to cast rituals, otherwise yes you need a feat.

The alignment restriction has been altered, in 4e. If you're using Fury, you can't be lawful good, and if you're using Domination, you can only be unaligned, or evil. Good muddles with who is in charge, and chaotic Evil is chaos, and domination blackguards live to establish order, even if it's through tyranny.

Come on everyone, bond over a game of cards! It's easy! I'll even tell you how!
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:30 pm

Yes... Everyone come and join us for a game of cards...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

Cards! I love cards! I once had a relationship with a Queen of Spades, but then blew out of my hat brim one day.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:52 pm

Eo, you wrote your sheet out, right? I know Derp did, I just want to know if I need to supply you with the numbers to use and the rules, or just the rules.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

I did. You said it was okay.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

Yeah, yeah I did. Sorry, headache's got me feeling hazy. Anyway, so when the cards start, I need to relook at the rules for how to cheat, but you don't have any impliments for doing so, so trying would only give you a paltry bonus.

Reguardless, you pick either Insight, or Bluff, logic dictates you pick the one you get the highest bonus to, but you could choose either. Whoever has the highest number after we roll wins, obviously. Card games have never been so easy.

For Legs, your Bluff is a +6, your insight is a +7. So while I recommend the latter, you could always try the former.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:42 pm

Odd as it is, I think I'll be going for Insight...

Wish I could have made my sheet. It would make this so much easier for everyone involved, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

Okay, I think I know who won't be winning this, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:46 pm

It's actually not that hard for me to look through it.

If you somehow could print something off the internet for one second, and printed yourself off a character sheet, I'd help you fill it in though.

Well I was going to run this like Fantasy Blackjack this time. So you're all just playing the dealer, not each other.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:52 pm

If only I could... Maybe I'll get an excuse some Christmas.

So, I am in favor of having two people capable of reading from a Ritual Book. Does anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 7:55 pm

Well with only one person in your party even capable of casting actual magic... (I don't really group clerics into that, really.) You'll have some difficulty doing that well, even if someone was skilled in doing so. And unfortunately, sorcerer's aren't naturally trained at doing so. ritual books are expensive too, so maybe save that for a few levels down the road.

Come Christmas, I hope your family atleast has a compier. They don't really give you any character sheets, there's just one in the back of the book, which you're expected to copy.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

Alex quit though...

I'll probably get some off the web then. Although I do have a copier...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

Oh, well okay. thankfully she was playing a superfluous role to begin with, no offence to her, I just mean Eo was already kind enough to be a healer.

A four man group covering all the roles would work anyway, unfortunately, you are not this group, you don't actually have someone whose job it is to do AoE and buffs and the like, so you're going to have to improvise your way into being a working party. Speaking of, those guys are also the ones who actually get rituals at first level, naturally.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:14 pm

Bah. Who needs Rituals?

*someone in the party dies*

... Right.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:17 pm

Hey, it's more fun, when needing to save someone who is dying comes in quest form.

Though, take my encounters experience to heart, death is easily avoidable if the team works together.

Eo's encouraging word can stop someone mid dying, and pick them up. Your lay on hands will do the same. Anyone can kick a guy on the ground, and grant him his mid-combat healing surge, provided he hasn't used it himself already. Any of those three ways will get a guy up, once. And that's not going into potions... /Last wednesday, despite being the archer, was forced to basically single handedly keep his party from dying because the cleric was really, really bad at being a cleric.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

Oooooooh! I should take the feat that gives me an extra 2 healing surge, since my Lay on Hands uses those things...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

Yes, yes you should. You might also wish to further augument your ability to side heal by taking the discipline of Bahamut feat. It's in the essentials books, but still. It lets you pop a healing surge, and instead of you getting the HP, someone else does. This is really helpful if you have more hitpoints that someone else, because they'll heal by your healing surge value which is 1/4 your hp, taking certian feats/being born a dragonborn not withstanding.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next