WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!

Go down 
+5
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
Patches
Rachel
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

Heh heh heh heh... So much planning. I'll/You'll need to remember that, since I don't think I'm getting the Essentials book...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:32 pm

The essentials are the newer ones, so unless you straight up guided your parents in showing them to them, they might get confused, mind you. Though, of course I'll remind you, I like making sure you guys understand what you're doing and are well geared for working. You know... not like freaking neckbeard the cleric... clerics aren't ment to specilize in doing damage... grumble grumble...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

So, this guy should have been a Paladin, I presume?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 8:39 pm

Not really, paladins themselves are supposed to be tanks first anyway, what he should have been is a fighter. Atleast, an essentials fighter (encounters demands that you use essentials), and even then, the one that specilizes in harming people instead of tanking. However, because he played a cleric, he counted as a cleric when the tables were having the who was what being assigned to them, so I got shafted with the defective cleric. I am sooo glad I took heal as a trained skill, is the gist of this whole rant.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

Wait... You're playing the defective cleric because of idiot friends?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

Encounters is run by WotC, well.. ran by anyone who volunteers at the store that agreed to run it for WotC, though I digress. No, they sort people to tables so that the parties are atleast coherant, however, our cleric, was very defective, and focused on doing damage. Though I guess you could call me the defective cleric, if you mean the fact that I revived 3 people out there. 5 if you count any the cleric healed after I healed him. This makes me defective because I did all of that, without actually being able to do any magic that would heal someone. Note that the party itself only consisted of five players, and I never got downed once. As a matter of fact, the cleric, was downed thrice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm

I'm so very confused, but I think I have some idea of what you're saying...

So, what needs talking about?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:16 pm

I was very confusing, I just reread that.

Simple version!

Ji healed basically the whole party. Having revived as many people, as there were in the party, including himself. The cleric only managed two, which Ji claims as byproxy, because Ji had to revive him before he did the first one, and then revive him agianst before he did the second one. The cleric was terrible for those reasons. Well also because he charged into battle, and repeated hit an enemy who it was shown hitting immediately triggered a counter attack from, which kill him, each of the three times the cleric died.

What needs talking about, though? Absolutely nothing. Though I'm going to start setting up plot hooks for you. Both with shift man, outside. And a few others soon to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:24 pm

Hooray for plothooks! Also, hooray for Mounted Combat feat.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:25 pm

If you get a horse, and take that feat, I might be willing to throw you a lance.

Mind you, the "assured horse" is no longer assured, you need to take a specific starting quest hook.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

Curses! Oh well. I'm sure we can pick up a mount later, regardless of which plothook we follow... Right?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:28 pm

Oh yeah, I mean, it's just a horse. You want a hippogriff or anything like that, you'll need to be higher level, and under take a quest in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

I think a horse will be good enough for now...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

For now of course. you're just level 1, man, most of what you'll do will be solving local problems. Doesn't exactly demand a damned horse either.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:36 pm

Well... Horses are cool. But yeah, I understand (and I didn't really expect a horse at level 1 anyway).
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:38 pm

Well, you basically can, though. If I'm paying you in any way that is actually worth it, and would let you buy food, you can save up for a horse fairly immediately. Hell, encounters handed my character enough money immediately, as it was the down payment for my groups services.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

Huh.

What feat does Corthana have right now?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:42 pm

Cold adaption. This lets you deduct 5 damage from any source of cold damage. This is helpful because you already ignore 5 fire as a tiefling.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:44 pm

Oh, right, I remember that now. Excellent. Now I'm going to continue staring at lists of Feats...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

I gave you all feats from the essentials books... but screw that, take feats from either set.

Oh, by the way, there are more feats in 4th edition players handbook 2, though I'm sure you knew that. There's also some in the third, but seriously, no, that one can burn. I hate psionics.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:53 pm

I don't have 3 on my iPod in PDF form... But I am looking through the 2nd Feats.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

The 2nd is more geared for races and classes from the second book, however.

Good, don't, don't ever get the third one. Psychics just don't fit fantasy in my opinion, because that means it's something other than magic, which therefore baffles me as I try to get an explaination as to what it is, then.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 9:59 pm

I've noticed... But there are some feats in there I like.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

Tell me any you like, and if you really want it, we haven't started combat yet, so you can have it now. And when you level up, you're allowed to retrain 1 feat, 1 attack power, and 1 skill.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Dec 2011, 10:07 pm

Oh, no, I'm good with the resisting ice for level 1. I'm just looking for future levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next