WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) Empty
PostSubject: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 8:25 pm

So damn if I have another idea I know won't work.

All I have forumlated (see what I did there) is that our characters will be perpetually stuck inside of a hotel for the whole RP. It is going to be a rather supernatural hotel; I don't know exactly what, but I'm thinking the further into the interior of the hotel, the weirder things get. Like the laws of reality start getting mixed up; doors you walk through one way don't lead back at first, then really messed up crap.

Anyways, still thinking it through. Any suggestions? I'm considering having each character gain one completely random, very situational power at the beginning of the RP. Like the one character in that one book, can't remember the name, but he can shatter glass with his mind. Something that is at the same time badass and seemingly underpowered. Nothing major; no pyrokinesis, telekinesis, teleporting, etc.

I haven't much of an idea for a plot. The vague idea of two lovers in the hotel came to mind, and them being killed. This isn't a "and their ghosts haunted room 817 for the rest of eternity wooooohhh" kind of set up. I don't even know how to relate said lovers dying; the idea just came to me. I'm considering having those two have a backstory revealed parallel with the RP's. Think the Black Freighter from Watchmen.

The hotel staff will be very ambiguous in their motives and affiliation. No clear good or evil. No one definitively helpful or kind.

RP'ers would start at the top floor. Each floor, as it progressed downwards, would become increasingly supernatural and more dangerous. Various rooms in the floors would have various supplies; there needs to be some kind of "catch" there, but I can't think of one. I'm debating having one door on each floor kill someone, but I don't feel like pulling up an RNG every time I do this RP.

This would be for the Sporum; and a nice, classy 5 star hotel. Perhaps to add to the murky, weird feel, our characters wouldn't need food or water. But sleep. They'd get confusing and misleading, but likely interpreted as helpful dreams from me. Mwahaha.

So...our thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

This is very nice... I thought of a concept for it... What if the hotel was adjacent to another? And they started at the top of one, and then reached the basement and went to the top of the other? It would get worse and worse going higher up in the second one perhaps. Also, very nice idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 12:19 am

Have you read the book by R.L. Stine, from the Goosebumps series, entitiled "The Horror at Camp Jellyjam?" I read your idea and I though of it immediately. You may want to consider something similar, at least so far as the staff are concerned.

As far as the actual hotel goes, I love the idea of each floor representing its own challenges. If I could reccomend a ideas for floors, you may want to take inspiration from the Lotus Hotel from the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series, temporal dilation can never be wrong. Also a psychadelic themed floor, a farm theme floor, and maybe a floor that has the 'house of mirrors' thing going on.

Anyway, just some suggestions. I'd join this if it gets up and running.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

Perhaps every few floors, someone must face something representing one of their own flaws?
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 3:39 pm

Well, if you want this RP to run longer than 10 pages then these would have to be some seriously messed-up people. Dont get me wrong, good idea! Overcoming your fears and all that, I just dont think thats a one-floor kind of thing, you know?
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

Yeah.. Perhaps, each one would require different ways to beat it as in having to have all of it's weaknesses beaten before it dies.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Interesting suggestions. Going to put it up on the Sporum.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

Dont forget a link!
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Hey   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi Shade. Are we doing this RP here or on the Sporum?
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 6:27 pm

Well, the title says its planning for the Sporum, so I would guess there. I would also guess that this is already started and shade never bothered to post a link. But don't take my word for that, it's just a guess.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

It has in fact started on the Sporum.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Well then... Could YOU post a link, if Shade isn't going too?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)   Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotel California (Planning for the Sporum)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: