WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

Technological Syngularity - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 11:18 am

Rook paused then said "Yeah Roz is right, I just checked the chemicals scales for the gas and the time we have has a high chance of being very VERY short indeed." She got to her feet it took moment but she got her blanched and looked at A51; confused by his smiling when he asked her if she was alright. "I'm fine now." She answered him and added "Thanks to you two that is."
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 6:56 pm

"Alright," Casey decided. "Let's get going. A51, you need to get down there fast. At this concentration, your jets could ignite the gas. And for the rest of us, we need to get going as well" A51 zoomed off down the stairs, and Casey followed.
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 7:08 pm

Nodding, ROZ began moving down the stairs, watching for any explosion. "We really have to be quick, if ya' want I'll be in back." The levels were just escalating, and in possibly no time flat it would reach the flames and ignite. He guessed that they had a maximum of thirty seconds left before the explosion came. If they weren't down far enough by then... there probably wouldn't be anything left of them, that's how much gas was leaking.

As he got into the clearer air, which was lower down, his systems began to return to their normal setting, reverting him back to the normal humanoid robot with no special features apparent.

((Tiny post is tiny...))
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 03 May 2012, 9:24 pm

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Nicholas, panting heavily now, ran faster than he ever had before. And yet, the robots still seemed to be gaining. It was only the rapidly twisting corridors that prevented the trio from being pounded full of bullets.

However, there had as of yet been no branches. Nicholas, beginning to lose hope, suddenly found his right foot falling into open space. He tumbled mercilessly down a concrete staircase, jarring his head at a landing. Groaning, he rose to his feet. "Careful... Careful! Stairs..." With a wheeze, he set off, awkward as it was in total darkness.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 5:48 pm

"Woah!" Dr. Ez tumbled down a few stairs, but quickly stood up once again and chased after Nick.

Jake slowed down and began moving down the stairs as quickly as he could while still being safe. Once he reached the bottom he raced after the other two, often checking behind to see if he saw the little red light that the robots had on their weapons that signalled that they were ready to fire.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 6:54 pm

Rook followed them, she could think much clearer now that the immediate danger was over there was less to worry about. She walked next to Roz.
((Yeah, sorry I've been busy and I didn't get much sleep... if any sleep last night. Post is short, sorry.))
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 8:11 pm

"You doin' okay Rook?" ROZ looked quickly over to check that she hadn't fallen behind. "I'm thinking that we probably have until the base of these stairs to get away from the fire, but luckily for us, the end is right close by, as in-" He stepped on the floor of the bottom of the steps.

BOOM!!! Fire leaped out of the floor they had escaped from, devouring hungrily the vapours that had filled up the hallway. All of a sudden where they were was an inferno, they didn't have a chance to survive unless they could escape even further somehow.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 May 2012, 10:50 pm

"I'm... Sick... Of... This..." Nicholas somehow managed to wheeze as he loped along. Either the trio was going to find a way to exit this hellhole of a hallway, and hopefully regroup with some better-armed survivors, or they were all going to be shot multiple times by homicidal drones.

Having not recently felt any obligations to become a human swiss cheese, when Nicholas brushed against an indentation on his right he promptly halted, shouted to the others, and beat furiously on where he assumed the panel would be.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 12:19 am

Casey flew forward from the wave of heat and energy that was engulfing the first floor. Painfully his head hit the wall to the side, and Casey's vision went black for a few seconds. The heat was awful, a burning, crippling heat that sapped your body from moisture. Casey felt his eyebrows singe. Looking up at the furious inferno, Casey noticed cracks in the stairs from the explosion. "We need to get down!" he hoarsely cried.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 4:51 pm

"Okay! I'll try to keep them away for a while!" Jake turned back to where the drones would be coming and stood, ready to run at them at first notice to save as much time as he could for the others to escape. Hopefully he wouldn't have to, but one never knew what may happen, and Jake was ready to sacrifice himself no matter how much it hurt to let there be at least a few survivors instead of the none that SIDOS would wish to have. Standing as still as he could, thoughts raced through his mind as he waited for what may be the end of his life. Would they get away if I do this? If so, would they be able to survive SIDOS?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROZ flew forwards from the blast, smashing into a wall, thankfully he wasn't damaged, but if he stayed in the heated inferno for too long he definitely would be toasting and all his circuits would fry. "RUN! Rook! Rook?" He searched for Rook, who he had lost sight of when he had been thrown by the explosion. Just then he realized that the stairway may be about to break and crash to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 5:52 pm

"Give me just... One..."

The panel flashed red with 'RESTRICTED.'

"Damn, I just need to..."

Clanking and electrical whines could be heard in frightening proximity.

"Just... Just... Almost..."

Nicholas' sweaty fingers slipped on a wire and gave him a shock as the door hummed open. "There! Finally! Go!"

Retrieving his broomstick, he dove through just as the drones became visible around a shadowed corner. Tiny red lights shown in quantities too vast to count.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 11:41 am

"I'm here! Rook's voice took a uncharacteristic sound of worry, We need to get downward or forward or some were away form the fire!" She said she had been stunned at first from being thrown forward by the blasting heat. Fire was every were hungrily leaping on her feet and arms climbing up the walls.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 12:21 am

((Sorry for my inactivity))

Dr. Ez jumped through after Nick. "C'mon Jake! We gotta go! There are too many!"

"Aye, we gotta get goin'!" Jake ran through after, narrowly avoiding the bullets of possibly twenty or more, but the twenty first one was a bit too quick and created a shot of pain that lanced through his shoulder. "Go!" His face clenched in pain, he began hurrying after the tohers, not wanting to be caught by the drones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Okay." ROZ moved over to Rook and pulled her up and away from the flames. "Are you okay? Damaged at all?" ROZ's voice was slightly mechanized worried. "We need to go on, if we don't we'll die!

Neutral| WARNING, Temperatures reaching near-critical temperatures. Safety procedures will begin if the heal increases by another five degrees. ||:

"We REALLY need to hurry!"
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 6:15 pm

"Let's go!" Casey shouted over the roar of the flames and the splitting of the concrete and metal. He, struggling, pulled himself down the stairs. He went down as fast as he could, the metallic echo of the steps tracking his movement. Reaching a corner in the stairs, he turned and looked down, past the last ten or so steps.

Casey's heart skipped a beat. Something was down there. A51's voice rose up over the roar of the fire. "Guys!! Help!"

Casey sprinted, two steps at a time to the bottom, where he found A51 hurtling through the air and just barely catching himself before hitting the side of a stair.

Awaiting them at the bottom of the stairs was a guardian robot like no other. "GS-09," Casey whispered. Genetic Security model 09. Massive back legs, terrifyingly deadly front legs that could be used as arms when it stands up, Multiple sets of weaponry lining it's back, and a head with an enourmous, powerful jaw filled with two rows of jagged teeth.

((not so easy to get away from the explosion now, is it?))
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 7:55 pm

"No, No I'm fine mostly thank you Roz." Rook said, "Yes we need to move." As she stumbled down the stairs she came to a halt almost fall over Casey as he suddenly stopped. She waved her arms until she got her balanced "What- Oh my... Thats not to good." Rook said looking over Casey at the GS-09.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 8:10 pm

"What? What isn't good?" ROZ ran towards where the other three were. "What? What is that thing?" He quickly took in all that he could at first sight of the thing that was down at the base of the steps. "Okay, we really need to get past that thing or the flames are gonna eat us!" He gazed back at the inferno, then at the guardian robot. "Okay... I think the flames are still deadlier, so let's just try to find way past this guy..."
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Casey risked a second to glance at his surroundings. Past a three meter hallway/stairway landing, there were halls to the right and left. Directly ahead was the model GS-09. Behind him there seemed to be a door, slightly ajar.

Just then the GS-09 opened its jaws wide and made a horrible metallic screeching noise.

It has spotted them.

A51 spun to the right, trying to stay away from the monster. He triggered his shoulder lasers, shooting at the metallic creature. Harmlessly, the lasers died on the shiny steel frame of GS-09. GS-09 screeched again and smashed a front foot forward, denting the glossy floor.

Casey backed away, tripping on a step behind him. "How do we fight this thing?!" he yelled. He risked another glance around. Nothing to fight with on his left, except a few measly aluminum panels. Hearing another noise from GS-09, Casey jerked his head back up and backed up a step. The lasers on the creature were starting to come alive. Diving for a panel, Casey snatched one up and held it close.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 11:14 pm

"Damn... Come on, Jake! We can escape! There's an elevator up ahead, we'll just..."

Nicholas groaned, groaned, groaned. The corridor ended, quite neatly, in the familiar pair of double doors. He mashed unresponsive buttons, to the predictable avail of absolutely nothing.

"I... I..." he managed to get out before the drones rounded the corner to advance upon them.

This they would no doubt had done if one and a half tons of angry, wounded beast had not at that moment clawed its way through the ceiling to close in on its escaped prey.

And close in on them it, with equal lack of doubt, would have done had not the drones, tragically programmed to respond quickly to any new threats, opened fire into its hide.

Enraged, the creature spun about and tore into them with inconceivably viciousness, tearing their tough metal hides apart with its teeth and claws to mangle the wires and technological vitality that lay concealed within.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012, 11:17 pm

"Sadly I do not think thats going to work!" Rook said, she paused "I can outrun any normal human being, I was built for agility and stuff. Does that help any?!" She asked and stepped in front of Casey, if it fired would hit her instead of Casey.

Last edited by Dragockon on Sat 12 May 2012, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012, 12:24 am

((Last sentence was confusing, you might consider checking it))

Casey smiled with a look of slight concern as Rook stepped in front. "Yeah, agility is good," Casey said. "It looks too big to be able to move quickly, especially with those huge back legs."

A51 spun around the robot once more, uselessly shooting his lasers helplessly. After a request from Casey, he started to look for weak spots. Just then, a large blaster on the shoulder of the robot started to glow. "Get behind something!" A51 screamed as he zoomed backwards.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012, 11:11 pm

(Okay, thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.))

"Okay, how do we use that against it? And behind what?!" Rook still stood in front of Casey, "Casey...Stay back! If it fires, let it hit me." she said as calm and clear as she could manage. The thing look big and bulky...Maybe they could outrun it if they could get by it...
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 3:23 am

((check the OOC))
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 11:44 pm

"WOOOO! I never thought I would be happy to see that thing, but I am!" Jake grinned, relieved at their escape from death at the moment. "Well, could you try to open the doors? I'll try to be target practice if the thing finished its metallic meal before we get away."

Dr. Ez looked over at the doors, then at the beast. "Well, we have two choices. One is death. The second is most likely death. Which one should we choose?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO! You are not gonna harm any of them!" ROZ leaped downwards towards the sentinel. In front of Casey and Rook, he began to advance upon the threat awaiting him at the base of the stairway. "If you are gonna hurt them, first you'll have to go through me. And trust me, you don't want to do that/ I've disassembled robots with a simple weapon out of scrap parts. And I can tell you. There are lots of scrap parts around from that inferno up there. So, do the smart thing. Not the dumb thing." In his robotic mind, his inner voice was screaming at him to stop, that it was futile, but his main "mind" was yelling back at it, saying that he had to at least let there be a chance of others living. And the larger part of his mind was also the stronger, so he continued to do that. Looking at the glowing mounted lasers, he wondered what exactly they did. If he could survive getting hit by them or not. "If I die, fine. But SIDOS. Yes. You SIDOS, I know it is you controlling these guys, but if you want to live. I suggest you stop." His inner smaller mind was now basically screaming at him, so loudly in his mind that if he let it speak for him, it would be at the top of what his voice could handle. He then realized that the robot did look a bit heavy, and possibly slow.

He backed up, getting closer to Rook. "Hey Rook. He may be slow... I don't know, so I may go try to get past him right away... but I don't know how that'll turn out." He then began to move forwards once again.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 6:54 pm

"Hey, I'll take a cool 90% failure rate over certainty any day of the week." Nicholas began clubbing the panel furiously, fueled by the sounds of the beast's rampage.

He was, luckily, able to break it off quite quickly and set to work with the wires. A half minute later, with the beast gnawing on the final dismembered drone, and the doors opened. Nicholas peered down into the blackness of the shaft.

"Any ideas? I think mojo's getting bored."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 7:41 pm

"Uh... run? That's a plan. Unless those things detect quick movement..." Jake snuck a peek at the blackness, and then began to slowly move backwards, continuously having his eyes on the beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next