WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Heontris
User

Technological Syngularity - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:19 pm

"The door's open... C'mon, I'll lead you out. You too Jake." Dr. Ez lifted Nixk up and began leading him out of the elevator.

Jake lowered himself down, keeping his eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Nicholas relieved the contents of his stomach once outside the cabin, and stood for a moment, leaning on one arm against the wall.

"Let's... Get out of here," he managed after a moment, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

"I agree. But first things first, what is level three like? Cause we're right on it, and I have never been down past level two before." Jake frowned as he rested against the wall, trying hard not to be sick.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2012, 12:15 am

"Me either." Nicholas settled himself down by Jake, then turned to address the robotic gun. "Hey, L-Ron or whatever, do you know where we are?"
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

((I is back! I never really left, I was just busy. Exams and such))

Casey kept running down the hallway, hardly noticing A51 attempting to get his attention beside him. When Casey reached stairs, he immediately started to go down them, not hesitating for a moment. At last A51 got his attention.

"Casey! Whoa, what are we doing? Where do we go?" A51 half-frantically asked.

"Down," Casey curtly replied. When A51 realized that was the final answer, he decided to follow along. Down and down they went, into the Genetics department. Casey had no wish to look around. He had enough looking for one day. Now all they needed was...

*Grumble*

Casey suddenly turned pale and fell to the floor. He hadn't eaten for probably a few days now, and the last few encounters had finally caught up with him, tearing at his stomach.

A51 frantically asked "What? What's wrong?" but Casey couldn't answer. He only clutched his stomach and detached himself from the floor.

"I need.. food," Casey managed to croak. A51's eyes went wide with understanding and he started to dart around, looking for anything.
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 11:41 am

"Nope, I got absolutely NO idea! Check signs on the wall though! You may find out like that!" ROIL-5 seemed to chuckle, "Well, will you look right over there! There's a sign!"

Jake moved over to the sign, "Okay... level... 3... floor... 2. So, we are i- WHAT? This level is where we test everything! Including the computer-controlled beasties! This is a death-zone!"
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

Nicholas jogged over to inspect the sign for himself. "We're on a test floor? Is there any quick way off?"

He looked over his shoulder, fancying he heard something, but it was just his head trying to unnerve him.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 9:18 pm

"No, we have to go through this whole thing to do that." Jake shook his head, then felt extreme exhaustion. "Woah... Guys, we should... We need to sleep for a bit... gun-thingy... Keep watch..." With that, he collapsed to the floor, asleep.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

"I, ah..." Nicholas watched as Jake fell to the floor. "Ez, take care of the guy, will you? Let me look around. Maybe there's a pharmacy that'll be sporting some pills for whatever got into Jake's head."

He began to walk cautiously away, vowing not to stray too far. Truth be told, he was scared to death of what might lurk behind every corner.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 12:51 pm

"Uh... Nick, I think that it may be some sort of natural sedative or something... Possibly from that big guy way back there, who we don- Oh great... We don't know where the big guy went... Oh, Nick? I'm coming. The gun can take care of Jake by itself..."

"I can do that!" The gun-robot placed itself in front of Jake.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

"Uhh... Right." Nicholas paused, waiting for Dr. Ez to catch up. "Say what's that gun-robot-thing's name, anywho?" he inquired, speaking to Ez but awaiting a reply from the device itself.

Truth be told, it unnerved him a bit. Most robots and AIs did.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 4:16 pm

"I am ROIL-5." The gun then stopped speaking, alert for any enemies.

"Okay, we should get going now."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012, 5:07 pm

"Right. Well, if anything nasty comes along and Jake's in trouble, ROIL-5... Just... Yell really loud, I guess."

Nicholas started off down the hallway with Dr. Ez behind him.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

Rook was torn, she ran ahead to find Casey and asked him "How can I help? Roz is in there! We have to help him somehow!" She said, panic in her voice. Which didn't make sense...She was a robot...? At the time though she didn't much care.
(I haz returned
: D )
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:05 am

Casey panicked for a moment, then saw something. Inside a lab were three cans of ravioli. Casey wolfed it down and turned to acknowledge Rook, but A51 was already talking.

"Are you crazy? Did you see those guys? They were elite soldiers, straight from the security and military department! There's no way. Roz is gone."

Casey looked with a slight bit of confusion at Rook. "You're a robot," he said. "You have no emotional drives. You're not built for that. This loss should mean nothing, just an unfortunate happening that will slow our progress. But A51's right. We can't go after Roz. He's dead or will be soon."
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

Rook was torn why did she care? What was she doing? Her system was loaded with errors and she struggled to push them out of her mind. It was like it kept trying to gab them all down her throat.
Her voice was changing a higher tone voice, that seemed to crackle at ever other word
“We can’t leave him! He saved us earlier, and we’re not even going to try to help him? Don’t humans always go back to bury their dead at Lest?!” She ignores his other question, she shouldn’t feel this, what was she saying? She shouldn’t care, they needed to move on… They needed to go… It was clear she was very torn and confused.
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:24 am

ROZ watched his targets from a long ways away. Nodding, he began to move in, taking out one of the weapons he had taken when he had been repaired. Lifting up the weapon at the three people, the one human and the dis-functioning robots, he took aim at the closest one, the female robot, and began to pull the trigger.

But stopped.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Will do!" ROIL-5 continued with his sentry position.

Dr. Ez nodded, and hurried after Nick. "So, what do you think we'll find down here?"

((Yay! You're back!))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

"Ugh, fine. If it makes you happy, we'll go back," Casey grumbled. He turned back on the corner of the hallway, the same hallway that they had faced GS-09. He started walking down the hall

A51 stopped. He focused. Something wasn't right.. was that a glint? Probably just from the melted steel of GS-09. A51 shrugged off the feeling and followed Casey.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

Not knowing what caused him to stop, ROZ lifted the gun once more, aiming at the figures. They were coming closer. As he began to pull the trigger again, he stopped. What's the use of a gun if you can't shoot with it? He attempted once more, but once again did not complete the activity. What's wrong with my circuitry? He shook his head and began to slowly move towards the approaching figures, keeping the gun at shoulder height, aiming at them.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

Nicholas kept walking as he spoke. "I've got no idea, but keep your eyes open for a first aid station or medical office of some kind. If Jake contracted something from the vines, or the beast, or anything at all down here - and if it spreads that fast - then we need to find a cure as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 8:05 pm

"Okay..." Dr. Ez began moving through the hallways, looking for anything that may hint at something like that.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

Nicholas followed, but the few doors that the pair encountered were either supply closets for testing personnel or bathrooms devoid of anything even remotely useful.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

"C'mon... C'mon... There must be a place with something..." Dr. Ez continued to search.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROZ looked at his targets, frowning. Why couldn't he shoot them? Must be an error in his systems..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jake continued to lay on the floor, ROIL-5 began to imagine other robots and cratures coming in from every direction.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

A51, still confused, decided he needed to check whatever it was out. He fired a shot of his useless laser into the fiery smoke of the hallway.

"A51, what are you doing?" Casey asked. He looked up expectantly.

"There was.. I don't know," A51 replied.

Casey mumbled a few unclear words and continued toward the still-blazing fire. Hotter and hotter the fire grew as he walked forward, until he couldn't stand it. Looking forward, he could see that even the concrete walls were showing signs of the fire. "There's nothing we can do, Rook!" he shouted over the roar of the flames. Though the flames had died down considerably, they were still loud and white-hot. Maybe, Casey thought. Maybe, if we walk tight against the opposite wall, we can get past the fire.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

ROZ jumped away from a laser that erupted through the flame. Okay, this is it! They're gonna die! He leaped forwards through the flame, facing the trio. And stopped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next