WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity

Go down 
+2
Krazzulimaii
Master of ImpZ
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Heontris
User

Technological Syngularity - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

"Then again... I gess perhaps is we have massive metal blades to hook into the wall with we could just climb down, but we don't have it right now." ROZ laughed and looked down the elevator shaft again.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

A51 came rushing back, supposedly with news of a rope nearby. Speeding a bit too fast, A51 knocked the wall beside the elevator door.

A small round button lit up, and a low hum filled the elevator shaft. Casey knocked his head against the wall. "Why? Why didn't we think of this before?" he mumbled sheepishly. Looking down the shaft, the elevator box came steadily upwards.

---

Now on Level 4, floor 2, Elissa quickly walked down hallways. The shiny, smooth floor clicked almost silently with each step. Doors and more doors passed her sides, but Elissa gave no indication of noticing them. She was headed for stairs.

There. She reached a flight, and strode upwards, pausing around corners for any sort of enemy she may encounter. Another few steps up and she was at the top. Elissa stepped back a moment, in a small moment of panic. Then she stood straight up again. Those three figures weren't AI. That was good news.

((There, you guys can see her))
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

Rook laughed, "Well, its much better than rope thats for sure." She joked, folding her arms. And glancing at A51, "Nice find." She commented to him.
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

"Just hopefully SIDOS won't be thinking about us and drop it." ROZ's somber tone killed his own mood to joke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Mata, we are back on track!))

Looking at the end of a hallway Dr. Ez noticed someone. Someone who definitely wasn't a robot or a robot-controlled creature. "Hello?" He called over to the person, slightly amazed that there was anyone else alive other than those mysterious people in the upper levels.

"Hey you guys, hang here. I'll go check out who it is and see if she, or he, is safe." Jake began to move farther from the group, towards Elissa.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

"Thank Gawd," Nicholas murmured. He stepped to one side - leaning against a wall with his hands on his knees. A sigh of relief escaped his mouth before he pulled himself together.

Reason, however, soon overcame the joy of learning that the three of them were not the only survivors. What if this was just some elaborate trap. Frowning, Nicholas shouted down the corridor towards Jake. "Wait! What if this is a trick? Be careful, mate!"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm

"Ah will!" Jake turned back to the person at the end of the corridor. "We're coming, don't worry."

Dr. Ez nodded and sank to the floor, then shot back up when he remembered that they don't really know what anything will be like, perhaps SIDOS could be using the woman... he wasn't sure.

((Okay, we need some SIDOS intervention sometime...))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 5:35 pm

Elissa lifted her chin a touch and started to walk forward, toward the three. Though, before she could take two steps, her expressionless face turned into relief and joy, and she started walking faster. These were the only actual people she had seen for days. Elissa had something of an idea of what happened, but much was still shrouded.

--

Casey stepped into the elevator. "Come on, guys!" he said. "SIDOS is already probably on our tail." He pressed the button marked 4/1, and held his arm in front of the automatic doors.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

Nicholas - still wary - stayed precisely where he was.

"Halt!" he called down the corridor, attempting to sound confident yet not hostile, "How can we be sure you aren't more of SIDOS' drones?"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 11:22 pm

"Okay. I guess we can attempt to trust the elevator." ROZ smiled slightly as he waited for the elevator.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Ez looked over at the woman at the end of the hallway. Who is this woman who just seemed to appear out of thin air? Can there really be more survivors out here? Silently he berated himself for that thought, Of course there are, remember the person on the intercom? That was a real person, I knew it. No robot can sound that human that I know of so far. Wait... Might R.O.Z. be alive? I wonder... If he is then he may be with that person unless... unless he is now being controlled by- No. I don't want to think about that, if I do, then I may give up, thinking that nothing will ever happen that will save us, because he was built to survive anything, or at least, nearly anything. Some super-human effort would be taken to dent him, let alone destroy him! Wait... that creature on the upper floors... We need to tell that guy up there that there is an extremely dangerous creature up there, a creature ready to kill! I- I need to go find an intercom soon, before that creature finds them!

((I think people almost RP better when their character is by himself, because then they cannot be frozen and you are the creator of the scenery around you.))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 11:57 pm

((Give me a recap of the 'creature' he is thinking about. We could incorporate that))

Thoughts raced through Elissa's mind as she connected two and two together, coming to her solution. "So that's it, huh? SIDOS is what caused this?" Elissa said. "Well, where did everybody go then? I heard the man on the intercom. Was that you?" More questions raced through Elissa's mind, but she stopped at those.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 7:09 am

Rook stepped into the elevator, she still didn't trust the thing. But she remained silent as she stood besides Casey. She folded her arms and waited.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm

Nicholas, easing slightly, shook his head. "No... We thought it was... Wait. You're alone?"

Visibly perked, Nicholas quickly strode over to the woman - and past her - seeming to forget all caution. "There are still MORE people out there! Eureka!"
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm

((The creature I am talking about is one they encountered earlier, who cannot easily be damaged by the same weapon twice. Also when it tracks something it will almost never forget its target. A quarter of the time SIDOS is controlling it, and at the other times then it is a wild beast, intent on killing and feeding. It has a club-like tail and is very dangerous.))

ROZ stepped into the elevator alongside the others. Well, if this thing loses the brakes at least it will be painless... for us robots at least... as for Casey I think at the most he will feel about a millisecond of pain. Probably less even. Oh well, if it happens, it happens. If not, then we are fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake grinned, ran up to, and hugged Elissa quickly. "Yes, more people! We won't die!"

((Okay, I may make Dr. Ez split up from them for a while, just to do stuff with him.))
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

As the doors closed in front of the three, Casey started to have second thoughts, though they were too late. There was no turning back now. The elevator shuddered and started to jerkily descend. A51 glanced over at Casey.

"You sure..?" A51 asked hesitantly.

Casey bit his lip. "I'm not sure of much of anything at this point," he sighed.

---

Elissa slowly looked around, and nodded. "Yeah.. yeah, there's more," she said. She looked up again. "How'd you guys get here? I haven't seen you in level four before."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

"Well... uh... we kinda... fell down an elevator shaft..." Jake laughed slightly as he remembered the descent, blocking out the gruesome memory of the actual elevator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, here goes nothing," ROZ waited as the elevator descended and horrible shaky elevator music floated through it.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

"Speaking of, you wouldn't have happened to have seen a certain... beastie prowling around, would you? We wouldn't have been so eager to jump down the shaft if the bloke hadn't been behind us." Nicholas frowned as he continued to survey the immediate area for cameras, food, or anything else suspicious.

"The real problem is, though, what are we going to do now?"
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 8:51 am

Rook could feel fear at the back of her mind, she tried to push it away and folded her arms. "perhaps it would be better if we didn't talk about how the elevator is probably going to kill us? And more on what we plan to do if we make it to the bottom alive." She says and stops suddenly, realizing she had said killed...Which for Casey made sense, but she made meant all of them. Logically, they were just robots, so they couldn't be killed...Right? For once she actually doubted herself...
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Oct 2012, 10:47 pm

"No, I haven't seen anything much," Elissa said. "I've been around the testing arenas this whole time."

---

Casey heard Rook, but said nothing. He stood, staring at the elevator door. He was just as terrified as any of them. The vibration and quiet hum did nothing to soothe the tension.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 12:25 am

"Well, we have no choice anymore, what happens, happens. Hopefully it will be okay." ROZ tapped his finger on the metal wall nervously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, we should all get going, we need to find a way to stay away from SIDOS-bots." Jake nodded as he slowly passed Elissa.

Standing up, Dr. Ez began to move over to the other three. "Well, we first need to figure out a way to talk to the other survivors... if they are still surviving."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 4:08 pm

"Any idea where the nearest intercom is?"

Nicholas frowned. "Actually, that's a bad idea. I bet SIDOS would be able to find us more quickly than any survivors if we broadcasted our position throughout the entire facility. We need to find a different way..."
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

"Yeah... but we n- Perhaps I could hack into my own robot to talk to them... Cause I bet he would be with the survivor, then I may be able to talk through him... but that would require a really good signal... Which we don't have..." Dr. Ez frowned and looked around, "Well, perhaps there is something around us that will be of help. How about you guys go on ahead and I catch up?"
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Elissa nodded, and she began to hear something, besides the low hum of lights. "Alright, let's head this way," she suggested, and started walking toward the sound.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 7:19 am

Rook hated the silence that fall on them, nothing to do but wait and see what happened. She tried to think of what to say but no words came to mind, and complete silence fell in the shaft. She waited, shifted her weight from foot to foot in bored nervousness.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

Nicholas, apprehension still clawing at the back of his mind, nevertheless conceded to Elissa's choice of direction and fell into step behind her.

[[Quick, someone think of a plot twist!]]
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012, 12:18 am

((Plot Twist Activate: Experiment 602))

As Jake began to follow the other two, a humming sound, almost a buzzing sound, began to vibrate along the corridors. It had an unknown source, so it could be from anywhere. It almost seemed though that it was several things converging onto one point, but that seemed ridiculous that any creatures would do that unless they were programmed to, like robots. As the humming began to grow louder, it seemed to begin to be more like a chainsaw...

((:D))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As ROZ sat in the elevator, he began to tap on the metal sides, nearly dead with boredom. "How long do you think this will take? We have been going down for forever... What level are we even on?" He checked the level marker that was on the side of the inside of the elevator. They were on level 2, at the lowest floor on it.

Even after waiting for another minute, they did not move down at all. Then he began to hear scratching, scratching by something heavy right outside the door. As he watched, claws began to rip through the metal, large claws that come from nightmares...

((The beast is back again.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity   Technological Syngularity - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next