WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Interest Check: Point Prometheus

Go down 
+5
Diamondback
Master of ImpZ
YinYangBell
ron
Ømnivalence
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Interest Check: Point Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

Okay. Basically imagine Bioshock in space, but minus the psycho people trying to kill you. So really nothing like Bioshock.

In short, it's new years some unprecedented time in the future. The Worlds International Space Program, also known as WISP, is kicking the new year off with their launch of the worlds first hotel in space, Prometheus. Basically the story is a bunch of rich people go up for the opening of the hotel as the first people to stay in it, but upon arrival shit hits the fan and they have 72 hours before the entire space hotel comes crashing to the ground obliterating everything we all know and love.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

That idea is awesome, I'd definitely be interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

I'd be interested if I was capable of brain bleaching my mind from Homestuck style RPing.
Seriously, I feel as though I'm incapable of anything else now. XD
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 9:07 pm

Hmm....

HMMMMMMM.......
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

I do not know what that means Imp.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

You'd best fucking post this, nigga.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2012, 6:50 pm

This reminds me a lot of Maelstrom...would be the imminent destruction of said hotel be avoidable in any way?

In Maelstrom, they were on a space cruise ship where the power went out, and the goal was to find the generators and turn them back on. Problem being the cruise ship, for no other reason than fuck the RP'ers, had things like a zoo on them, which loosed hungry, dangerous animals, mass panic caused riots, things like that.

Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2012, 9:42 pm

I remember Maelstrom, didn't join but I found it kind of hilarious how that RP was pretty much thrown together with the main and pretty much only intent to maim or kill every rper in the rp.

Sounds interesting Omni, perhaps put extremist radicals with ill intent, or pirates of some kind (since the people on the hotel are rich.)
Back to top Go down
metime00
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 8:01 am

I'd do it, it sounds very fun.

What level of sci fi would it be? This is sounding like it could be Alien-esque or would it be more fantastical (hehe) like system shock?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

It is in a way like Maelstrom, I don't remember if I had the idea before or after I saw that idea though. I had this idea a while ago, just never ended up making it.

There is other stuff on the hotel, like botanical labs for food and supplies like that. I might come up with a more antagonistic character who is just like "FUCK HUMANITY" but I'll have to think about it.

As far as the Sci-fi level. I'm not sure how to answer that specifically, but it's a hotel in space, aliens probably won't be an issue, but technology would be more advanced.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

Someone should play a muslim in that roleplay. Just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

There would be so much hate going on.

The point really is to drive everyone against each other. A bunch of rich assholes in a spaceship with the pressure to save the world on them. Not going to be much fun for them.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 1:53 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfScienceFictionHardness

Here is the way you answer how scientific it is Omni. :P
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:45 pm

Alright, now I'll refrain from the flowery stuff for the most part, as well as really fined tuned details, but here's just a general idea of what I was thinking.

[Good Intentioned Bad Guy's Name Here, who'll now just be GIBG for now.], is prosecuted by descriminatory malice in [INSERT GIBG'S HOMELAND HERE], and flees to the US for a good ol' crack at the home of the free and the brave. Of course, as any American knows, we're actually kind of lackluster in the not rascist department, so GIBG obviously gets plagued by tormenting rascist bastards.

Little while later, GIBG has become decently influential, and enters WISP with the idea of space colonization by the common man, with the goal of reducing population issues (seeing as we always have the issue presented in here when we try to solve it: http://xkcd.com/674/ ).

Simply put, WISP loves the idea and puts GIBG in charge of the whole thing, and Point Prometheus is positioned as a city in space, with plenty of aristocrats, but also a decent working class, etc. etc.

'Course, the whole bad guy bit is that GIBG actually desired to use PP as a social experiment to create a society without desciminatory biases.

Whether or not this is intentional, PP drifts out of contact for about a half a decade, without communication or supplies.

Result: People go somewhat batshit as they lose things from luxuries to necessities. GIBG tries to keep things over control but ends up coming across as more dictator than diligent leader and role model.
Alternative Add on result: Coupled with everything else, in one section, a large portion of shielding goes down, and citizens in the area grow mentally unstable without protection from [INSERT ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD HERE], and somehow come up with the wise idea that their exposure and loss of communication were somehow a form of enlightenment, and that they are to bring about the apocalypse to purge man by crashing Point Prometheus into Earth.

Another Add on: Course, as PP returns, GIBG tries to make things seem normal to WISP, who carries on sending more citizens to PP (Smart idea right?), thus providing for our characters. (Of course, you could always just use normal people for this, but that's the one flaw with the half decade thing, people grow used to PP being hell.)

So, just an idea, feel free to disregard.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:49 pm

I can definitely go with the idea of the guy trying to form a racist free environment, but the whole place crashing is just sort of... an accident.
Back to top Go down
YinYangBell
User
YinYangBell

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

Ah, that's fine, just trying to find an enemy in this, though I suppose that's not really necessary with internal conflict.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2012, 11:58 pm

I understand. I am open to suggestions. I can definitely work with the space colony thing, because we were discussing it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interest Check: Point Prometheus   Interest Check: Point Prometheus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: Point Prometheus
Page 1 of 1