WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

What Now? (RP Interest Check)

Go down 
4 posters

Despite that fact that we shouldn't be dealing in absolutes, which RP idea would you most likely enjoy the most?
Nexus
What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_lcap45%What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Final Fantasy-related project
What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_lcap27%What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Dimensional Clash
What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_lcap27%What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

What Now? (RP Interest Check) Empty
PostSubject: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 10:54 am

Alright, so as we know, DCV is not exactly in the best of shape. We're putting it on Hiatus, and will return to it at a later date, when demand for its return reaches another high-point. In other words, when we feel like it.

As for myself, I'm indecisive and have a lot of options in front of me. I'll list some of my RP Ideas, and I'll let everyone discuss them and see which one turns out to be the most popular.

~

The Nexus

A McGuffin-based RP, and an expanding on an idea I had long ago. Basically, factions duke it out in hopes of the obtaining of a legendary... thing, of a sort. However, like most basic-genre RP ideas I possess, this one will come with a gimmick to make it stand above others. For this one, the gimmick comes in the form of a ludicrously large scale. Characters will be Lovecraftian-style abominations (character design is original, so tentacles are only optional), usually larger than the size of the Milky Way. Simple, but awesome.

Cons: a complex plot has not been thought out yet. GModding will also be incredibly monitored.

Final Fantasy-related RP

Another idea I had, this one centering around Final Fantasy. I'll admit, thought I have a basic concept for the setting, and all the Character Classes worked out, I don't have too much for this right now. However, the setting: pretty Dystopian, with technological levels bouncing around the place. However, slowly yet forcefully, it's as though the world fuses with all the clichés elements of a classic Final Fantasy installment, the world twisting and changing, until it becomes a mediaeval fantasyscape.

Cons: All Final Fantasy installments need to have a relatively complex plot. Heck, even FFI, which many fans decry as overly simple for the brilliant FF series, when compared to many other stories, is still pretty darn complicated. Sadly, no complex plot is worked out yet. The setting isn't complete either, but there is a firm hold on it. I'm also not sure if we should go heavy on the RPG Elements or not.

Dimensional Clash Seven (or Two, naming to be decided later)

Now, I’m not the greatest judge of character, so I’m not sure if people are immediately eager for the next one yet. However, if you are, then I’m pretty sure you know the basics already. I am addressing the biggest issue for this one: accessibility. The pace of DCV was, according to many, brutal. This one will hopefully be much more accessible

Cons: It’s Dimensional Clash. Not much has changed.

~

Well there’s that. Now, this will not be acted upon immediately, this is just to see what people might be interested in. Once we officially announce DCV for Hiatus, THEN I’ll start writing OPs and the like.

Thoughts? Critiques? Absolute hate towards any of this?

Last edited by Eruditio on Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:25 am

Okay I am definitely for all of these. Except one thing...

What about the races for the FF RP? Because I'm a FFXII child I'm suggesting Bangaa, Moogles, Gria, Seeq, Viera and the like but I guess it would really be up to everyone else??? And you????
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 11:48 am

Races? Crap, I didn't think that one through. There will most likely be NPCs of different races, but I'm not sure about players. I was more focused on the Classes. I had to get pretty creative to think up the 5th Tier Classes, but whatever, I'm trying not to over-complicate things to soon.

I'm actually kind of gearing towards Nexus. However, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

I like The Nexus as well. Not really sure on DCVII, but from what I was told of the concept it sounds awesome. But considering I know next to nothing on FF, i probably wouldn't join that one.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

I would consider joining the Nexus, but I haven't a lot to do with FF or DC. xP Don't let that stop you from making them though, they sound like decent ideas.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

So far it all seems a bit even. I may implement a voting system soon just to clear things up.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

So far, it seems that Nexus wins out. At any rate, though, for anyone with a raging want for more DC, Moon is making an RP with a concept not entirely unlike it, which may be incorporated into DC Lore.

But yeah. Until then, giant aliens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Now? (RP Interest Check)   What Now? (RP Interest Check) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Now? (RP Interest Check)
Page 1 of 1