WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)

Go down 
+7
Trilole
Ømnivalence
Gaius Sulpicia
Surprise
Patches
Szemetlada
Diamondback
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:28 pm

Nox sipped his tea and then went outside. As he walked in the cool misty air, the warmth he felt relaxed him. He stretched and yawned. No danger would come. Except maybe pandora. And she was gone, run off.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:15 pm

Ragnarok grinned widely at her and laughed.

"I need a chaotic event caused. An upheaval of the government. Now of course you're free to join me in this.. but of course, you're also free to walk along.. Let's just say however if you become too far aligned to chaos or order, I must kill you. And as you can tell, I'm fully ready to blown your brains out or.. this.."

He let a bit of anger out which drained her energy slowly, due to his decay ability.

"Now then... Your answer?"
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:33 pm

Nox looked around wildly. "Hit me! Fight me! I'm ready!" He had lost once before. But now he was ready to fight. He wa willing to fight. He was even game to die, if it was with honor. He shouted. "Fight me! Strike me! You never hesitated before!"
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:35 pm

Aeron had managed to commandeer himself an apartment in the abandoned city. The door itself was locked, as well as the entire building, but that wasn't really a problem, he found ways into places. In this case it was the window. It had been broken at some point. Easier than it looked actually, climbing up the building and unlocking the window through the broken glass, just a few minor cuts. They healed themselves up fairly quickly. Now a days he just left the window open, it wasn't like anyone would notice a curtain flapping in the breeze. The inside of the apartment was fairly ramshackle, the couch was shredded, though most anything squishy was when it came to Aeron. It only took an itch or a twitch to result in things getting ripped.

That's part of the reason he's here in the abandoned city. There are times, especially at night where be gets... Itches. Kind of like when you have to pop your knuckles, or your neck, except usually it resulted in bones jarring out his body and well it's just not a pretty site for people who aren't used to it. So in general it's just preferable to do it out here in the city. Sure he could do it in his apartment, but why do that when he can feel the wind on his body.

At this present moment in time Aeron was standing on the roof of his apartment building. Bones were jutting out of his body to form 8 spiderlike appendages that suspended him several inches off the floor. As for the rest of his body, his hands has been opened and were being held open by several bones. You could see the muscles in his hands, as well as the veins and nerves, but it just felt so good. The wind. He'd grown accustomed to the pain at this point, and would even say he had a high tolerance to pain. Overall, the feeling of the wind on his nerves was sensational, totally worth the minor pain. He let out a sigh of relief and let his skin patch itself back up again. He climbed his way back down the building face and climbed in through the window and proceeded to crash on the couch.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:09 pm

Winter was about to utter a smart reply when an odd fatigue overcame her - the energy seemed to drift away from her muscles, seeping into the ground. Her knees began to shake with barely perceptible exhaustion, and it was all she could do to remain standing.

Groaning slightly, she dragged her hand down her face. "Not that I don't respect your intention, but what use would I be to you? Why do you even want me?" I owe this man a debt, but I don't think he helped me in the way he meant to...
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:14 pm

With that he locked up his ability entirely, keeping from regenerating her stamina as well as sapping it. Looking at her with his trademark heterochromic stare, he slowly opened his mouth to speak then closed it again. He had to think carefully of how to put this, or this would easily turn into a fight.

"Well, surely a woman of your good-graces, ability and outward beauty must know the power you hold. I mean, a revolution for the good of the people is all it's about.. For now. This government is too far into the side of Order, and thusly must be replaced with the perfect government... One you could help create."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:19 pm

Beauty...? What the fuck, is he trying to...

Frowning, she gave a short sigh and turned to collect her paint cans. "Something tells me you're not planning a hippie love circle. Be straight with me. What do you intend to do with this... army of yours?" The word emerged from her mouth dripping with disgust.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:24 pm

Nox finished his tirade in the darkness, as obviously nothing or no one was coming. He walked towards the mall. That WAS where Ragnarok had said he was going. Speaking of what Ragnarok had previously said. He thought he was a god. If there was a god he wasn't kind. This man seemed a tad narcissistic however.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:25 pm

I've got her interest.. Now to pull in the hook..

"It's quite a simple procedure. An army of revolution. Like your forefathers who made this country, we will fight against these oppresive tyrants. And when someone like you has beauty, a golden voice, and the true abilities of a leader.. Well, it's a guaranteed win. Charisma wins wars, you see."

He helped her with the cans, in the hopes of trying to keep her on his side, temporarily though it may be.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:28 pm

Nox walked around, looking for Ragnarok. But then he saw them talking. Ragnarok seemed to be pushing a point. He snuck up on them, and then jumped out of hiding. "Well if it isn't my two best friends? How are you guys?"
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:35 pm

And just like that my point must be cut short...

"Oh! My pal's here. Hey, didja see that food court in here? Hardly tapped. Looks like I'm going to be eating nothing but McDonald's for hours on end. Long as they're proportionate burgers.. Ah, and another thing I must talk to you about.. later.."
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:37 pm

Charisma. Yeah, this guy's insane.

"And when the war is won? Then what?" She took the cans from Ragnarok, though she still knew not his name, and stared him in the eyes.

At the sight of Nox, winter jumped, but her surprise was slightly less this time; she had come to almost expect the oddest people to show up out of nowhere, it had been happening so much.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:40 pm

Nox piped up on Winter's point. "We kill the bastards." The government deserved all of the pain in the world. The mayor was dead, so now curfew would be a lot tighter.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:42 pm

His pupils shrunk from her staring, revealing his emerald green iris and the sapphire deep blue iris. His eyes appeared bloodshot, despite the sleep he had gotten.

"Well, when the war's won, we establish a proper state of government. Anarcho-capatalism perhaps. That's all there is to it. My name's Dymi-... Ragnarok. Speaking of which, my dear friend.."

In this moment he turned to nox, looking quizically.

"What's your name..? I don't know either of your names.."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:47 pm

"You can call me Nox. Or David. Whichever you prefer." If he didn't trust both of them he wouldn't have told them his name. Honestly, worst came to worst he would not hesitate to fight. It turns out that the wider open you leave your back, the more likely you were to get stabbed.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:50 pm

Yes, I was afraid of that. Winter steeled herself for the possible encounter that would ensue if the duo did not like her answer to their request.

"Well then. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor." She turned to walk away before a sudden impulse struck her.

"Call me Bloom," she said over her shoulder, and kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:53 pm

"Winter, listen. They've kept people in concentration camps, gunned people down, and oppressed everyone for their entire rule. Do you think a single ONE is worthy to live? Because if so, you might as well throw yourself to their non-existent mercy." All of those words were from experience.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Fuck. I was afraid of this.. Needa act fast..

"Hey, Bloom? You're welcome to stay with us. We have this really awesome subway station, with a generator 'n tons of rooms.."

He needed her close. As close as possible. Or else he'd be screwed. She'd get away. If this plan failed, he'd have to degrade himself with out right flirtarious behavior or worse. Stalking. He didn't dare reveal his powers to Nox; not the malignant side at least. He knew that Nox was friends with Bloom and needed to stay on both their good sides.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:57 pm

"I know full well what they are capable of, Nox." She paused in her stride. "But I believe in justice, and that does not oft follow revenge. I want our future to be built on peace, not on war - how else can we prove that we are better than they are, if we intend to condemn them to the fate that they would so easily give to us?"
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:02 pm

"This is why!" Nox pulled back his left sleeve to show a number tattood on his forearm: Ex. 3A. He remembered vividly how he had gotten it. The doctors in the camp had noticed his liking for darkness and how he was stronger and faster in it. They sent him off to a medical facility. By the end of the first day he felt he had no blood left in his body. He clenched his Right hand so hard blood began to drip from his palm.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:03 pm

"There are times where doing the same is belittling yourself. There are times when.. If you don't.. If you try things peacefully.. You just get mowed down.. If you gather up enough people? You all just get mowed down in a horrible slaughter.. Nox. How went the work with the bomber..? Did you find her..?"

He was worried about his plan B. In a case he'd lie to this supposed "Bloom" and say he wanted to bring her to a justice without too much violence. However, his last-ditch effort would be killing Bloom..

And then he noticed the bleeding. He grabbed Nox's shoulder and glared at him.

"Calm down. You're not the only one.. Don't make yourself bleed. Damages are a bitch to heal."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:07 pm

"I'll do what I want to! It's my own body! I have every right to! You don't-They didn't... They had no right!" At this he slumped to the ground, holding his head in his hands. He hiccuped in a breaking voice, "They- they- they had no right!"
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:08 pm

Winter, upon seeing the mark, gave a small sigh. "At least you survived - my dad wasn't that lucky." Seeing that remaining here was pointless, she resumed her egression. "I will not succumb to your hate. I will do things the right way, even if it's easier to fight the Government directly."

A very large part of Winter wanted desperately to take up arms, but the voice inside her simply would not yield. Damn morality.

Her final comment was addressed to Ragnarok. "They can't kill all of us - we are the workforce that feeds them and keeps this society running. What will bullets do to feed families, to power homes? They need us, and I intend to let the population know it."
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:16 pm

Desperate tactics it is, then..

Ragnarok leaned forward, seemingly imposing down on her before his eyes twitched and he grinned.

"Hatred...? If I hated you, do you know what would happen? You'd be a skeleton. I can EAT your life force.. It's not that hard.. But why don't I? Because spoiling beauty is practically the worst thing someone can do. They will kill the workforce, because they could turn this into a full military ISLAND for testing, and get the funding from the filthy feds FOR IT! Now, I'm only asking once more nicely. Tag along. Or I will get pissed."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Nox looked up. "Are you threatening her? Because if so we'll have a problem." He drew his katana, for emphasis. This guy may be turning out to be the kind of friend who uses you as a pawn in a game. That would end badly for all involved parties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)   Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catalysts: IC (Oh the thread is slowly dying...)
Page 8 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next