WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~

Go down 
+8
Sadie
DB
Patches
Snowy
Dragockon
Szemetlada
Diamondback
Tanadin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

Tanadin wrote:
Exactly. You can't exactly feasibly walk up to someone and stab them with your horns- you would have to tilt your head at a vulnerable angle exposing the slightly weaker patch of scales at the base of your skull.
I am fairly sure it just doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

It would be a split-second exposure when you ducked your head, then lifted up into your opponents underbelly or ass with your sharp pointies. Point is, unless they're weak enough to snap off easily (which would expose the dragon's brain if it was close enough to the base), they're viable weapons. This to say nothing of whether or not that particular dragon has full-curl horns, which would be on a level with its eyeballs and pointed directly at its opponent.

Horns and antlers are funny in that even if they're not in an obviously strategic position, they can generally still hurt things.

In any case, I think we're missing the central point here, that none of the elements seem terribly conducive to how Patches would like to build his character.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

Dragon horns are hard and can hurt things, but I've never thought about it before because they're in such a weird position.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 6:58 pm

Things evolve and develop for a reason, and there would be no need to develop horns if they're unusable. Still though, horn structure and usability is unrelated to the main concern at hand.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 7:47 pm

Thennn please re-state whatever it was, as I thought I had already addressed everything. XD
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

Eo wrote:

In any case, I think we're missing the central point here, that none of the elements seem terribly conducive to how Patches would like to build his character.

Perhaps you could suggest a new element, or at least the one that would be best able to serve as a tank.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

I'm nearly done with my sheet, should have it finished right after school tomorrow in fact, but I have one question/inquiry. I still need to pick a location for her and was wondering if anyone would like my character to live in the same city as theirs.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

Feel free to live in Vancouver with Manohar. :3
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

Alright, I don't know a ton about Canada though, just to warn you.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:22 pm

Neither do I. XD I'm just avoiding describing the setting very much.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 11:27 pm

Ok, sounds like a plan. All I have left is the bio section, which should be pretty quick to finish tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

I look forward to it seeing it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Ok, here's my sheet. It took a bit longer than expected as I had to push the time for working on it back due to homework.

Username: Lupus (Lupus or Wolf)
Name: Livnah “Liv” Denari
Dragon Percentage: 55%
Draconian Type: Dragon Dominant
Dragon Species: Slitonian
Human Appearance: Livnah is about 5’5’’ and weighs around 110 lbs. She is relatively thin, but that is due to her athleticism. Her skin has the evident tan of someone who spends a good amount of their time outside. There is evident muscle tone on her arms and legs from frequent exploring and pulling herself up and over various objects. Her hair is such a light blonde that it is nearly white, which is complemented nicely by her bright blue eyes. Her hair reaches to just past her shoulders and is relatively straight.
Clothing-wise, she doesn’t put a ton of effort into it. She’ll honestly just wear jeans and a t-shirt from any one of her camps or activities, sometimes a sweatshirt or jacket if it’s cold outside. For shoes, she values function over appearance. Most days Livnah will wear blue and white tennis shoes or sturdy boots that could work for exploring outside. One thing that she’s always wearing is a silver necklace with a curved leaf pendant. It’s the only thing she has left of her father.
Dragon Appearance: Everything about Livnah’s dragon form is built for speed and agility. Her head is slender and aerodynamic for the most part. Three white horns adorn her head, one in the middle and then two slightly smaller ones on either side, that curve slightly and end in sharp points. Her eyes have black, slitted irises with the pupils completely hidden within them. The scales covering her body are entirely white in color, while the furry mane running from skull to tail is navy blue. The scales on her belly are wider and longer to provide better protection, almost like armor. Running down her entire body are stripes resembling a tiger’s, in a shade of grey that nearly blends in to her main white coloration. The stripes essentially add a faint shimmering effect to her body when she moves.
Livnah’s arms bend like a human’s would and she even has five fingers total (if you count a thumb as a finger). They function just as well as a human’s. On the end of each finger is a deadly sharp nail, the same color as the horns on her head. Her legs are much more muscular than in her human form, as well as the feet being larger to support the added weight of her dragon body. Her tail composes half of her total body length and is often used for added balance when she’s sprinting. On the tip of her tail is an object resembling a mace. It would be useful for defending herself, that is, if she can learn to swing it without losing her balance and tumbling to the ground. On her back are two wings with similar white scales on the “flesh” portions and navy blue membranes spread between them. They aren’t truly large or powerful enough to support her weight for a long period of time, so Livnah mostly uses them to glide or stabilize herself.
Personality: Livnah is a solitary person for the most part. She’s always loved nature, animals, exploring, etc and, given the fact that she was naturally shy, wandering alone became her favorite pastime. Her mind is often changing from one mood to another, although a good portion of the time she doesn’t act on those impulses, the few times she did were damaging to her reputation with her peers to say the least. More isolation due to that led to her retreating into herself more to the point that she rarely speaks.
Spell Level: SL2
Bio: Livnah lives with her parents in a medium-sized apartment. Her parents both work hard to make ends meet, but it is always just barely enough for them to get by. She has a sister that’s off in college, studying to be a doctor, so Livnah feels like she has a lot to live up to. But being a doctor just isn’t for her, so her parents’ constant questions about how school’s going get on her nerves. This leads to some of her dragon-caused outbursts and mood changes. After a while, she stopped coming home, at least until the evening. Most of her time after school is spent at libraries, community centers, or wandering the woods. The relationship with her parents is a bit strained due to what they see as her avoidance of her responsibilities.
Home: Vancouver
Other: She wouldn’t be great with many weapons probably, but would probably end up relying on speed and agility to get in small hits that would add up over time.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2012, 6:15 pm

Accepted! I love the stripes you gave your character. Very unique.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 6:50 pm

Thanks, I should have her intro post up by tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

Awesome. ^^

I've been drawing dragons a lot lately, they're actually not always looking terrible anymore. :D
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

I'm sorry guys I don't think I have the time to join. I'm just to busy, and I'm having some health problems right now, and I have high school and a lot of other stuff... :/ I really don't think I'll be able to stick with this if I join...
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:25 pm

Aw D:

Well, no one here would want to make you post regularly if you've got all that stuff going on IRL.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

Yeah I'm sorry, just unless its a slower going RP I really don't think i could keep up. :/
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Hmm... We'll see! Maybe you could jump in later, if time allows :3
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 6:37 pm

Hopefully! ^^
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 8:28 pm

It's okay Drago. Thanks for telling me, I was worried about you. Get better soon! :3
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 12:11 pm

On a random note my birthday is coming up on the 25th. :3
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

Oooh, less than a week! :D
Back to top Go down
Tanadin
User
Tanadin

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

Yup. :3 I can't wait! *dies of excitement*
*comes back to life* :P

ALSO
You WILL receive PMs from me asking what you want to happen to your character,and I'll have some NPCs show up and die off accordingly and stuff. If you are wanting something specific to happen soon or want me to do NOTHING AT ALL to your character (meaning you don't want me to send an NPC troop dragon to pick you up), let me know. I can't read minds, contrary to popular belief. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blending In ~Now with human characters!~   Blending In ~Now with human characters!~ - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blending In ~Now with human characters!~
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next