WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))

Go down 
+8
Snowy
Patches
Szemetlada
Lupus
ron
Surprise
Diamondback
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) Empty
PostSubject: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Hello there, before I continue I have to note that this will/might be my very first RP ever. I've been in a few RPs, but I know what I'm doing- somewhat. I've been in mostly super power RPs (two on the Sporum, in fact, Chromosome Z which has gone in a meh direction, and Break, which has gone in a good direction) since they're fun at least to me, which will be the basic idea of this RP. But, I plan on making something different from them in terms of setting.

My main idea for this RP is... hmmm where do I start... ahh.. now you're all familiar with the trite super power plot where one dude gets super powers and does something like being a hero, or something along the lines of the plot of heroes. But, now I have something else in mind; mutants were so feared and hated that the U.S government has quarantined a generic unnamed city somewhere in the northern parts of America and dump mutants -no matter what power they have- there and do their best to keep them there ( by using a very high wall, and heavy security on the outside). Keeping the true purpose of the place unknown to the public and passing it off as a world-destroying virus has infected the city to keep everyone away.

Of course they also don't keep the city policed or in perfect orderly condition, aside from a heavily guarded base in the city hall. So of course the city is in total anarchy, gangs that want to pillage and rape their ways to the top, people that want to bring order to this hell hole, cults, and finally those who just want to survive. There's also regular humans in the mix, since the Government didn't want anyone to know about the true purpose of the quarantine and to keep up that 'world ending virus' sign up. Speaking of which all internet, phones, and everything else that's used to contact the outside world are disabled, so most in here have to rely on short range communication.

This has gone on for a very long time (I'm debating over several decades) so there's going to be those who were thrown into this chaos by the government and those born in the anarchy.

So this RP is going to be open-world mostly, everyone's goals will either be one of two things: Survive, or escape. I'll introduce a driving plot and a main villain(s) to keep everything from getting boring.

-------------------------

After that ish is out of the way, time my rules, notes and nick picks.

First the usual rules, no autohitting, godding, metagaming, powerplaying etc etc. Time for my notes and rantings.

1. There's no rule against killing other characters, as long as you're reasonable about it, like if a fight breaks out. But for the love of god don't go on a killing spree for the sake of killing people (same applies to NPCs) It's forced, and it never ends well. I also have the full ability to kill your characters off, no debate.

2. There's going to be certain rules and restrictions on powers. Drawbacks aren't necessary but encouraged, unless your power is something along the lines of Super Healing, or Teleportation. Because if there was a power-level all of the characters would in the same power area.

3. Now, here's a tricky one: I'm not going to approve of generic/gary sue powers such as Fire Manipluation or Super Speed. Why? Because I've seen it quite a bit and while they are useful powers, I want to see something at least different. Like, I'm going to make a character later that can control flammable liquids and by products of fire, while not controlling fire itself. So go crazy. Plastic manipluation? Go ahead. Your character can shoot blood out his eyes? No complaints from me. But, if you have any way to make the generic powers interesting. Go the hell ahead.

4. Our setting is going to be entirely in the city dubbed "Eden" (no exceptions) it's your generic skyscraper city full of things you'd usually see in a town with a splash of post-apocalyptic themes, you know destroyed buildings, shanty towns made entirely out of car doors, and trash and crap everywhere. Think about the Fallout Series. You can make things up about Eden as you go along if necessary.

5. This RP's going to be dark, yes. If you haven't noticed already. Murderous Gangs, Mass-Murder, Rape, and other all brutality. I'm going to push it as dark as possible. Hell, I plan for this RP to have a very downer ending. Therefore there's going to be no rules on violence, sex or drug/alcohol abuse. Go crazy.

6. Speaking of which, there's going to be two kinds of people in Eden as stated before. The kind that were brought here, and the ones that were born. Fortunately, Children aren't affected by the mutant gene or whatever, so that ends the boring teen angstyness that consume most super-power RPs. So yeah as I was saying the difference between the two is that those born in Eden will have a higher skill at fighting, using their powers and basically surviving, at the trade-off of having little education or skills. Those who were brought in... you should be far enough in school to figure this out.

7. Speaking of which, only adults can become mutants and hell anyone can become a mutant. Doctors, Soldiers, Police Officers, and hell Nuclear Physicist. That doesn't mean that your character can be a super powered kung-fu chef, keep the mary/gary sues to a minimum.

8. The Government have certain buildings in the city locked down tighter than a catholic school girl, I'll state which when the RP starts but mostly that aforementioned town hall, and almost every hospital in Eden providing care for people.

Anyways, sheet:

Quote :
Name: (Nothing stupid)
Gender: (Male, Female or if you're feeling adventurous; both)
Appearance: (Go crazy, but think, this city is in hell. There's going to be no well-dressed people unless they were freshly thrown into Eden)
Power: (Take into what I said above into consideration before you make a power)
Personality: (Derp)
Other: (Bio, Siblings, anything else that doesn't fit above)

Furthermore, once I get a few characters I'll start the IC.

Last edited by Lord_Lonestar on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:13 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 8:48 pm

I find the concept riveting. It's been a while since I was in a superhero RP. 11/10 would join.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 9:20 pm

I might join, but this will need some heavy moderation, especially on the character sheets. Even the best players can fuck up "super-powers".

What are we thinking of for limits on this whole thing? Is it gonna be based on how the concept is going to be played(for super-healing, Pandora VS just going Superman with it), or what?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Joural wrote:
I might join, but this will need some heavy moderation, especially on the character sheets. Even the best players can fuck up "super-powers".

What are we thinking of for limits on this whole thing? Is it gonna be based on how the concept is going to be played(for super-healing, Pandora VS just going Superman with it), or what?

1). Tell me about it... I'll try to keep things orderly as possible I've been in quite a few super power RPs.

2). Call me an idiot I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean limits on powers, I have something in mind and I want every character to be on the same level in terms of powers. Meaning, there's going to be no God/Superman level meta-humans, characters that purposely have powers that nobody else will stand a chance against, or anyone with too many powers. So certain powers are automatically going to be disapproved such as telepathy or invulnerability, unless under special conditions.
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

This is pretty good idea, mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

Superpower rps are entertaining in general and I like how you've tried to mix it up a bit. I would definitely consider joining.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 8:05 am

What I meant is the difference between playing a character who behaves in a certain way because of their powers, which has a negative effect on them(Pandora, who was litterally insane because of the pain from her "deaths" and "rebirths", as her super-healing, while even more powerful than Wolverine's, doesn't act like an impenetrable shield) VS just being used as a plot hook and to keep a character in a fight(any of supermans powers, Wolverines healing factor)
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 12:43 pm

Joural wrote:
What I meant is the difference between playing a character who behaves in a certain way because of their powers, which has a negative effect on them(Pandora, who was litterally insane because of the pain from her "deaths" and "rebirths", as her super-healing, while even more powerful than Wolverine's, doesn't act like an impenetrable shield) VS just being used as a plot hook and to keep a character in a fight(any of supermans powers, Wolverines healing factor)

Ah, good question. The difference is... bloody hell. I would say that the difference would be that if the power has a negative effect (like losing their sanity after use) would be personality or mindset. Like if there's a character that has super healing is bloody afraid of any form of confrontation due to the immense pain of healing/getting injured.

Like, I have a character on another RP that can transform into an "embodiment" other mutants powers in a way like power leeching. But at a cost ( that he's currently unaware of) that he'll start to turn into a completely different person (get their memories, personality, looks) slowly as he uses their powers. Eventually I plan for the kid to become a nervous wreck, desperate to avoid contact with other mutants and use of his powers to retain who he really is.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

Good new variation on a tried-and-true concept, I'd make a sheet if I have time to. :3
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

I'll make the real OOC I had in mind later on this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

Sounds good. I need to think of a new concept to twist into some horrific version of a super power. I might choose to go with, say, teleportation. that sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 7:51 pm

Sheets and notes up. I know it sucks but I didn't know what to write.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

Holy crap. I want to play a rapist with Spider Man powers or something.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm

The Grouch wrote:
Holy crap. I want to play a rapist with Spider Man powers or something.

Go ahead. I'm going to have a few sheets up soon for my first set of characters.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 11:44 pm

spider rapist, spider rapist, fucks whatever a spider can...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 7:57 am

Shitty sheets, are shitty.

Quote :
Name: Leon Del Lapson
Appearance: Leon is terribly unimposing, standing at around 5'7 feet and has very pudgy belly (he's around 274 pounds). He's Caucasian, he doesn't know his nationality (or racial identity) at all, other than he knows that he's American. His skin is near perfect if you don't count the stretch marks almost all over his body or the claw scars from his self inflicted wounds. He has a fairly attractive face, though the fact that he's obviously overweight tends to put off most ladies. Speaking of which he appears to have no muscles under that body fat. His hair is normally brown, but all of the hair on his head (exception of eyebrows and his body hair) have been cleanly shaved off, he's bald as a baby.

Now, the most noticeable thing about Leon's being is his eyes. Most might say he has the eyes of a owl, they're very large, like unnaturally large. And the very few who have seen them have described them as 'soulless eyes', because he has no pupils and his eyes are a glowing bright orange. Naturally, he wears some very big aviator sun glasses to hide them from the public.

He doesn't have a defined clothing 'style'. If there's something in his wardrobe and it doesn't look stupid, he'll throw it on and often wear it over and over again days on end. Eh, yeah, right now he's wearing some schmuck's Eagles's football jersey (which is too big even for him); with number seven (for Michael Vick) on front and the back and Vick on the back. Black sweat pants (with the Adidas logo on his hip) and blue and white Nike sneakers.

Power: Leon's shadow is a living portal to another dimension of horrific shadow creatures. Under stress or extreme danger his shadow will darken to pitch black levels and a large gooey creature that resembles a shadow wolf with glowing red eyes will appear out of his shadow. These creatures are fiercely loyal to Leon, they won't leave until whatever has caused Leon harm is dead, or unless they are pushed back. Ironically, in order to summon this creature he needs a shadow, unless he's in light he won't be able to spawn the creature. Also, he can't control the creature and if he's even accidentally hurt a creature will spawn and go berserk.

In addition to these powers (so that he's not totally defenseless most of the time) he has really sharp claws. That's it.

Personality: Leon is a jittery fellow. Most of the time he's overwhelmed by his powers, it has happened more than once that somebody accidentally hurt him and a creature spawned and killed them, ruthlessly. So he makes it his mission to avoid contact with people unless there's a good reason, so mostly he's a loner. But, he's more than willing to work with other people as long as there's something in it for him. Most of the time he's generally kind, to mostly everyone who hasn't aggravated him in the past, because if you did he'll drown you in a sea of criticism.

Other:

Quote :
Name: Amy Lei Odora
Appearance: Amy looks average at first glance. She can be doesn't have a slender build, there isn't a single stretch of muscle on her body, she would be skinny, if not for her pot belly. Amy is Caucasian, with Dutch, America and several others of European countries in her lineage, her skin is tan-ish, and her skin isn't without any scars from child-hood injures, acne or blemishes. She's not very tall compared to other girls out there, standing at 5"2, and light weight, also compared to other girls; she weighs 121 pounds. On the subject of her sandy blond hair, it's also abnormally long, nearly down to her stomach, and wavy.

Amy clothing varies from day to day depending on what she can find. Usually, she wears a random shirt, with any kind of baggy jeans, though when she's feeling real good she'll mix up her attire. In addition, she's always seen with a enormous black back pack, full of all kinds of various items she picks up off the ground, mostly electronics.

Power: Amy is a techo-path. When she focuses enough, she can tap into any internet connect, radio waves, or cell phone connection. So, she can read any email before they get it, listen in on phone conversations as if she was there, you get the picture. While she can only listen in/read these, if she's at close range to a electronic, she can do several things to it like instantly hack it with her mind, overclock it and etc. While this has limited use in Eden due to the lack of internet and phone lines, but she can hear the short ranged walkie talkies that the bandits use, and can hear conversations by the government, via phone or internet.

Personality: In essence, Amy is strange. As most might put it. She prefers to go about her business, alone. No, she isn't a loner or anything emo. She's nice to most people, it's just that she gets irritated very easily, and prefers to do things her own way. Which puts her at conflict with other people, especially the nosy kind of people that only care about themselves. And she fully understands this, which is why she's slow to approach new people. She'd like to scout them out and watch them from a distance to determine whether or not they're worth her time. She's also very choice-y with her words, and not afraid to voice her opinion. Even if it's a negative opinion about the very person she's talking to.

Other:

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

Joural wrote:

Thank you, you've now added anatomically accurate spider-man to my list of possible joke characters I want to make.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

Old Man Henderson wrote:
Joural wrote:

Thank you, you've now added anatomically accurate spider-man to my list of possible joke characters I want to make.

DO IT
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 1:55 pm

Probably just going to be an NPC/sidekick I come across repeatedly. Along with Miterspam.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Nov 2012, 6:38 pm

Welp, the obvious best character is going to be mine.

She(because for some reason I'm always making female characters. Oh well, she wanted to be female, and I don't deny my characters what they want) is going to be able to alter the probabilities of what's happening around her, along with a low-level passive pre-cognisense(terrible spelling FTW) so that she is nigh-on impossible to hurt. As a result she will be incredibly naive about her situation in the city, because she has never needed to fight due to her passive abilities leading her away from any situation that could hurt her. She will likely spend her time serving a mob-boss as a trophy, and also a danger-moniter thing, so they know to be on guard when she leaves the room or behaves in a seemingly random way.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:13 am

Ookay... Thank you Firefox for destroying my almost completed sheet. In the meantime, might as well see if it was worth it.

Basically, the idea is that she's wheelchair bound, of course having stolen the chair from someone else, thanks to her mermaid tail. Of course in a pinch, she's able to drag herself around as a means of escape, but as you can imagine it'd be rather clumsy and slow. Anyway, apart from being able to survive in aquatic environments, (and this is the part I'm fine with changing if need be), is the organ in her right hand that allows for extracting energy from living beings, namely Life Extraction.

Of course she doesn't need to do it all the time, but it helps to supplement shortages of human food, and keep her weird biology healthy enough. Singing at clubs as a method of getting attention of possible victims, her main weakness obviously would be the lack of legs entirely.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

I still say sociopath would be an interesting direction to take this character. Do it, Jokie!
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

Joural wrote:
Welp, the obvious best character is going to be mine.

She(because for some reason I'm always making female characters. Oh well, she wanted to be female, and I don't deny my characters what they want) is going to be able to alter the probabilities of what's happening around her, along with a low-level passive pre-cognisense(terrible spelling FTW) so that she is nigh-on impossible to hurt. As a result she will be incredibly naive about her situation in the city, because she has never needed to fight due to her passive abilities leading her away from any situation that could hurt her. She will likely spend her time serving a mob-boss as a trophy, and also a danger-moniter thing, so they know to be on guard when she leaves the room or behaves in a seemingly random way.

Sounds good, but as I said before give her a draw-back that'd at least give her a chance to be hit, like it's connected to her emotional state.

Jokie155 wrote:
Ookay... Thank you Firefox for destroying my almost completed sheet. In the meantime, might as well see if it was worth it.

Basically, the idea is that she's wheelchair bound, of course having stolen the chair from someone else, thanks to her mermaid tail. Of course in a pinch, she's able to drag herself around as a means of escape, but as you can imagine it'd be rather clumsy and slow. Anyway, apart from being able to survive in aquatic environments, (and this is the part I'm fine with changing if need be), is the organ in her right hand that allows for extracting energy from living beings, namely Life Extraction.

Of course she doesn't need to do it all the time, but it helps to supplement shortages of human food, and keep her weird biology healthy enough. Singing at clubs as a method of getting attention of possible victims, her main weakness obviously would be the lack of legs entirely.

Go ahead. But, just remember the weak characters or ones that just seem remotely weak will be preyed upon mercilessly by every thug and opportunist out there.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2012, 3:22 pm

the weakness will be twofold- she may be endlessly "lucky", but that doesn't mean you are. Any allies in the area will essentially be tools for her to avoid being harmed- if the fastest way for a bullet to stop is to lodge in her best friends skull, then it will. The second is mental- she only very rarely finds herself in situations where there is fighting, and as a result she is incredibly naive and trusting- I want her to be focused on mental stuff, not physical.

And again, it just makes her lucky. if there's a massive firestorm or an explosion or someone scythes through an entire room with machinegun fire, she'll be hit. The only way she could avoid such a thing is the pre-cognizance, and that isn't something she is actively aware of, so she won't know "something is going to explode" she'll just know "I feel uncomfortable here".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))   Desolation OOC ((IC restarted)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desolation OOC ((IC restarted))
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next