WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC

Go down 
+5
Snowy
Patches
€rim
Admiral Ji
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm

I made a mass addendum to the tail end of my sheet, I got bored at work and mused on some things, and remembered a few things I meant to mention anyway. Hopefully makes Verl both more equally capable with the rest of the party, gives him more of a reason to be here, and should give me some plot hooks for Jac to potentially use. (And he'd better!)
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:46 pm

Name: Onior Daedran

Demon Element(s): Inferno/Umbran

Description: Onior has a rather tall and thin build standing at about six foot two and his body seeming rather insubstantial within the large black overcoat he wears everywhere. With a fairly pale complexion Onior almost looks sickly, but this also makes his pitch black eyes more visible. While his irises would seem to blur together with his pupils this is often prevented by a slight tint of orange, green, or white that appears like tiny flames escaping out of his pupils. Onior has medium length dark black hair with a greenish tint to it. It has a mind of its own refusing to stay put despite people’s best efforts and tends to give him a look of someone just out of bed. While his overall appearance is very human he does still have a few traits that show his demonic origin. On his just above his wrist he has what appear to be black scales. They grow on his arm sporadically looking more like spots without closer observation. The scales on his arms causes him to shed his skin their every once in a while much to his embarrassment. His only other visible trait is that his canine teeth are larger and sharper than normal. Onior manages to keep his other trait fairly well hidden. He does this by keeping the claw like fingernails he grows clipped making the only thing different about them being their black color.
Onior wears his coat rather loosely with it pulled over his shoulder but his arms not going through the sleeves. The coat itself behaves rather oddly being in constant motion flapping around him as well as seeming to slip through the grasp of anyone that tries to grasp it. Under the coat Onior wears a very light plate armor that may have plenty of openings but still protects his vitals. The armor itself is black in color but has a design etched in white on it. The shoulders have a line that goes straight for several inches before circling back until it creates a series of circles leading to its center. The chest plate has many of these lines though the straight part of the line varies in lengths. The marks on the chest plate give an overall picture of large black flames outlined in white. Onior only wears one thing that could really be considered jewelry a black stone dragon head attached to a chain around his neck. This is something rather personal to him as it is the only thing he has from his life before being adopted. He keeps it tucked beneath his armor for safe keeping and possibly to hide it from others. The weapon he carries is a simple katana that he keeps tied to his right side.

Background: Thinking back the earliest thing Onior can remember is flames, being surrounded by black flames. He can’t really recall much else besides that, everything else he knows of his past comes his adoptive parents. From his father Alexander Daedran Onior knows that he met his father when on assignment to investigate a disturbance in a mountain village. Bandit activity was the likely suspect though that’s up for debate as little evidence was found. When Alexander arrived at the site there wasn’t much left to see. He’d found the village but none of the people were there, just burnt out or burning buildings remained. While there was nothing there Alexander could hear the faint sounds of a child crying and moved on to find the source. A little further up the mountain and he found it, a small boy wailing on the ground surrounded by nothing but fire and ash. Seeing the kid Alexander wasn’t sure what to do but decided he’d figure it out when he got back home. After spending more time with the child Alexander and his wife chose to raise him as their own, and thus began Onior’s life as he knew it.
The Daedran family that Onior was taken into was a fairly well off noble family with strong connections within the guards of Eden. Their family had member serving in it since back in its beginning and held a sense of duty that it was their responsibility to protect the people of the realm. Having been raised as a member of the family this duty to protect was strong in him. Onior felt deeply for his family though there were others who didn’t think much of him. Most of the family accepted him but there were other high ranking members that were bothered with an orphan brat being adopted by the eldest son of the family. Worse than those within the family were those outside whom didn’t think to highly of some mountain kid being made a part of such a respected family. Onior did his best to ignore it but he did have a bit of a temper and had been in trouble more than once for fireballing someone who pissed him off. All this talking was a leading cause in Onior working so hard to get his father to let him to try out for the guards even at a young age. Achieving that Onior is determined to show everyone that he belongs where he is.
So far his work at the castle has gone fairly well, though he really hasn’t gotten a chance to see much real action. Other than that he’s feeling that things are going well despite the occasional fire. It’s not really his fault things shouldn’t be so flammable. This happened to Onior as he had a tendency to accidentally set things aflame if he didn’t keep himself in check. Onior’s fairly confident that he’ll get better control over his powers soon though.
Job in the Castle: Guard

Last edited by Warcodered on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm

Calling it right now, we're almost entirely emo party.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:04 pm

!follow for more soft grunge!

Though in all seriousness, I am actually cringing a little bit. Not because the sheet is bad - it's good - but there doesn't seem to be a lot of balance in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:06 pm

In terms of general level of power? Or what? If it's the former, that tends to normalize once we get started.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

Chitinous invertebrates are also very cool, yes. Wildlife pics and vids are remarkably easy to look up via internet. For instance, I didn't know devil's flower mantises were a thing that existed until just now.

Scroll and blur tags, what even
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:11 pm

No Ji, in that half of the cast are umbrans. I wonder what would happen when a mission that requires a versatile skill set comes along.

Accept it Jazz.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:18 pm

A long time ago,
in a world far away,
there was a lot of...

Shadow-y demons.

And some others.

That went on an adventure.

The End.
[wow]armour[/wow] <-- Oh hey they removed that.

I liek tags.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 3:07 am

Well, if it is necessary, I could change Holquen from Miasma/Umbran to Miasma/Zephyr, which was one of my first ideas anyhow. Should I? I'm comfortable with it, just as much as I am with Miasma/Umbran.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 12:02 pm

I doubt it's required, it's just a little disproportionate is all, but it doesn't change much of anything. I don't see a point in making people change their elemental affinities.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 1:05 pm

Well, I gave it some thought, and I guess I will leave the elements unchanged. On the other hand, I had some more ideas for Holquen's backstory and description.

(Good God I'm editing a lot. :I)
(EDIT: Welp, edited.)
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 3:35 pm

You really don't need to put that you edited it. If someone posts after, and you edit, it says on the bottom of the thing, and I doubt anyone is reading that before you edit it unless you are taking your sweet time editing.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

Reading the conversation on the last page, it almost makes me regret not making a flamingo-demon. I am most intimidating, in my hot pink.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

1.5 crows? Where's the half of a crow?

Okaaaay, things did end up a tad more unbalanced than I would have liked, which means that I have to go and make a change somewhere... Or maybe make Anna an actual character, not sure yet. Regardless, you are accepted, mister War.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 6:15 pm

Hot pink? Sounds good. A shrimp or boiled-crustacean demon would also suffice.

Well, we're down to .5 crows now anyways, between Honchkrow's edits and mine. I don't seem to be letting go of Umbran, either.

I did kinda tear out the backstory I was using, if that's a concern. But hopefully this one has more plot hooks, particularly with regard to Ji's cult, finding a reason to visit the gardens, and tempting Abasi's wrath by doing secret things in his library.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm

Anna? An actual character? We're not prepared for this. And I think we have enough characters. (Eight!)
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 9:41 pm

Considering we have eight, possibly nine characters, I think it would be best to get started with the RP at once. Anyone for or against this?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

I see no reason not to, but that's entirely within Jac's hands, not ours. But I doubt any of us would disagree with getting this party started.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Feb 2014, 12:55 pm

Now seems good a time as any.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Feb 2014, 3:21 pm

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Ditto~
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Feb 2014, 8:09 pm

Well one of us could poke him...
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

I did, he's likely busy with his own affairs. Besides, there is no particular hurry, so let's proceed with our lives until we get word about this.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2014, 12:15 am

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm

There is however, only so long I consider "busy" to include "no updates at all", for whatever that's worth. This is probably one of the last pins this forum has. Rebooting it hasn't exactly produced the most stellar results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7