WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC

Go down 
+5
Snowy
Patches
€rim
Admiral Ji
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 1:11 am

Patch him up what happened to him now?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 1:14 am

Well narrative-cognitoludiodissablehblehs, by which I mean: Probably everything, twice. We need to disguise him so the universe stops trying to purge him. I mean it won't work, but we need to try.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 2:03 am

If he hides from it won't that just make it angry.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 2:16 am

Don't spoil the ending, I haven't written that far ahead yet.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 4:23 am

Cognitoludodissonance! Wait, what does that have to do with a freeform RP? It's probably worth writing about anyways.

Here, have an ambitious liability to the party, if that's okay with Plux and y'all.
...we are forming an adventuring party, or are we?

I dunno exactly what to do with her aside from attend the tourney, provided they'll take commoners. Probably try to instigate a revolution over inadequate royal gardening, once that comes to a head.

Name: Seth Featherless
Age: 27 in demon years, a couple of millenia in human years, and several millenia in magpie years.
Demon Element(s): Terran / Umbran

Description:
Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 Seth%20thumb
Looks like death warmed over, then refrozen. Distinguished by harsh features, ashen skin, and shiny black eyes, framed in back by a dark-colored mane. Is somewhat muscular and inordinately strong.

Wears scaled gloves, their tips modified to form talons, and is further garbed in a black brigandine with extensive additional plating. Wields a long metal staff with blades on both ends, collapsible into its hilt by some mechanical contrivance.

Prone to vanishing entirely from the castle's hallways when off-duty. Likely to be found out and about the garden or battlements, sometimes in odd places inaccessible via foot.

If caught off-guard, may appear as a demonic bird which incidentally resembles an Australian magpie in all respects save eye color, which is as black as a butcherbird's. Can be distinguished from the few other black passerines of moderate size by erect stance, long wingtips and tarsals, and symmetrical white markings about the beak, backside, and collar.
Personality:
Terribly passionate about efficiency, reasonably loyal to the crown, and not nearly well-connected enough to be given her proper due. At least, so she's convinced.

Enjoys whistling and the company of family, which seems to encompass her mentor, the guards, and possibly the librarian. She certainly spends an inordinate amount of time in the library for not caring about the books.

Background:
Worst flier in the clutch. Somehow the only one that survived. Never lived it down, to her eternal chagrin.

Some of the humans say they have nothing to do; they're just waiting for their ticket to be punched one way or the other. Conditional forgiveness, apparently. It looks just like laziness.

Demons born of Eden, of course, don't even have that. And yet, they have so much time to waste. There's nothing for it but to serve queen and country (unless you're some sort of traitor), and that's exactly what Seth rebelled by doing.

She became the best fighter in her village of adoption, for what it's worth. The local sheriff, her employer and mentor, ensured that she was well equipped. It was enough that the castle guard would take her.

Sure, she felt demeaned. But she accepted.

Job in the Castle: Guard, usually posted near the gardens, doubling as an aerial lookout.

Last edited by JazzTap on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 7:13 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Image path.)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 11:14 am

Nothing. I just wanted to say the word the Internet's been tossing around lately, and to imply I wasn't serious... I misspelled it. :p
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

Stahp it. Just stahp before you hurt something. Like that guys feelers. Or something. Stahp. Yet... You can't!

In other news, your profile is accepted mister Jazz. You shall see what becomes of the festival, and hopefully be ready for it.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 12:27 pm

I just wanted to say it too, I'm afraid.

Alright, cool. I'll go lurk in the rafters and spy on any court factions while we wait.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 12:37 pm

You win this time Jazz... but one day...

I should probably actually get started on mine.

Hey Jac, wasn't the original idea that we weren't actually employed at the castle yet? We were just here for the festival? Because that'd make it easier to start without being super capable man.

Last edited by Ji on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 12:48 pm

Come to think of it, my character idea would make a whole lot of sense if he started out as a farmer, since his weapon of choice is a weaponized farm implement...
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 3:03 pm

I decided to change that idea! Mostly cause I ended up forgetting that was suppose to be a thing... The new idea here is that they're all still relatively new to their jobs, and still getting settled in with how things work. Probably no more than a few weeks on the job, at most.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

Name:  Anzo Togru
Demon Element(s): Tempest-Zephyr;  He can move brilliantly fast, and levitate small objects when panicked.  Along with the generic elemental powers (Flying, shock things, close doors with a gust, etc).  Things a butler could find useful.

Description:  Most known for his wild gaze, an uncommon symbol of a Tempest Demon, and crazy, ever-changing, daily hairstyle, a more common symbol of a Zephyr Demon, he certainly seems like a very interesting person.  His wind-swept platinum-blonde hair, constantly moves like its in a light breeze, unless of course he plasters it down with some gel like substance.  His skin is fair, and though it is hardly noticeable, all of his hair stands on end.  His deep blue eyes seem to have barely visible sparks constantly flowing behind the lenses of his glasses, and above the thin glasses frames, his eye brows are generally knit into a scowl.  His nose is soft, and lightly rounded, and his lips are thin and generally pursed.  His stark angular face completes his portrait features, making him appear quite the imposing gentleman.  

Moving beyond his face, since both of his Elements are not identified as heavy, thick, dense, or what-have-you; he is light and wiry, long and slender in every way culminating in his pianist's fingers.  He is fairly tall, and his weight is generally negligibly small.  As such, his form gives an obvious conclusion, he is built for speed, and speed alone.  The white gloves of his occupation look stretched on his long fingers, his suit barely fits his arms, and the pants barely cover his ankles, showing that he is so new to his position that the tailor has yet to produce his own personal suit.  Hidden to all but a few lie the tattoos of his former life, which are reminiscent of great birds cloaked in storm and lightning.

Beyond the visible aspects, he is constantly cloaked in the faintest whiff of ozone which lingers after he has past, destroying any odour that was there.  His touch tingles and occasionally shocks, much to the chagrin of the Aquarius Demons.  His voice can be as soft as the whispering wind or as loud as crackling thunder, but is generally the former.  He tastes... nevermind...

Personality:  Complex?

Background:  Few know of his past, he does not speak of it, and those that know keep it a closely guarded secret.  It endangers no one but him, as he was once the son of a common demon appointed to the House of Eden.  He lived the life of a somewhat privileged demon, with the means to do as he pleased, and he preferred to read his books, practice his magical abilities, and confer with other members of the House of Eden on Laws and the like. Recently his father became a very radical and strongly motivated demon.  Anzo disagreed with his opinions, and as his father plotted against the other members of the house, Anzo eavesdropped and reported everything to another member he knew to an advisor of the Queen.  What became of his father isn't known, he was banished, but in case he bears ill will to his own son, he was sent to the protection of the Castle to serve the Queen, not personally unless she called on him, but to serve the house as a Butler.  He is no longer allowed to see the House of Eden, not even the rest of his family, that still serves as one of its members.

Job in the Castle: Butler

I need to revise several minor things... but Done.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 6:23 pm

Name: Abasi, The Apothecary
Demon Element(s): Miasma
Description: As an alien to Eden, Abasi appears vastly different from its average denizens and also makes clear of his status as a Miasmic demon. Standing at 7'1" and weighing as little as 160 lbs, he is feeble and this is made sense by that Abasi is a four armed scarabite with a grey exoskeleton that overlays his fleshy insides. Two large and red compound bejeweled eyes sit at the top of his head with spindly antennae surmounted above, which stretches back behind his head. His posture is usually hunched over, his thorax (chest) noticeably much more pronounced than his body, his abdomen appearing gaunt and starved. The tarsus, his feet, at the end of either leg are large to support weight given his bipedal posture and each of his four hands ending in three pointed claws. A set of mandibles are around his palps as is standard for most beetle species, but is structured in such as way that enables verbal communication.

Despite this alien insectile appearance, it is easy to to tell he is a rather old demon by the way he presents himself in front of others - and despite his age and sagely presence, his actual body also seems somewhat rugged - free of scarring, but is obvious that he was regularly exposed to harsh environmental conditions. His body is outfitted with a rustic gold trimmed purple robe, ending above his ankles, wrists, and has a cowl that drapes as far as his head, ending just at his antennae. The rustic colored gold leaf trims around the cuffs, the waist, and collar of the robe. It is a set of clothes that is hardly ever changed due to the lack of perspiration or waste to soil his garments. Along with this set is a tall crook staff that stands a good two heads taller than Abasi, the crook designed in purple and gold stripes similar to the design of the robes he is adorned with and is lightly engraved with cryptic sigils. This staff serves an esoteric purpose, but it largely assumed it simply acts as a walking stick for him just as much as a tool to channel magic.

Personality: Solitary, silent, and is introverted among his community. He is interested in his own peace and research and tends to neglect broader responsibilities in favor of his own endeavors. He is aloof and detached from others due to part of being from Hell's culture and playing his part in handling souls as well as spending a good couple thousand years in isolation, devoting this time into his research on Miasma magic and a variety of poisons, potions, and various tonics. He has a quick wit and unmatched insight in his chosen subject, his years granting him the wisdom to use his intelligence properly. Despite his detachment, he understand the value of a demon's life and so he is willing to properly work out differences. However, a considerable amount of disrespect or confrontation can bring out the merciless Hell culture side of him and cast a spell that can kill almost instantly or plague them with a life-long curse or disease with varying degrees of pain and side effects. He isn't considerably loyal to others and is self-serving for the most part, but respects authority where respect is due. He has undying resolve should his job or assignment align with his interest, but is also respectful enough to do a job he was assigned if it were to be the will of someone such as the Queen of Eden or King of Hell. He hates distractions, idiots, parties, stupid advice, loud music, idiots, and the scent of citrus.

Background: Abasi originated in Hell, making him a demon of a different caliber than most of those in Eden. Despite this, he is hardly ever one to be involved with the Realm of Sin and chose instead to pursue his own endeavors, leading him to separate himself from the others of his kind and occasionally lending his information learned from his studies to other demons when they come a knockin' (usually for the purpose of torturing souls). But during his early years, he started as ambitious as the other demons he worked with, and of course, he had to fulfill some of his duties in the torturing of souls - usually doing so through plague. This has made him rather detached from suffering and he isn't above using test subjects should his research ever come to that requirement.

Throughout his years, Abasi has learned to settle down and has grown tired and weary of the same old chores. He began spending his time on matters that he found to be actually important and eventually formulated the goal to accumulate as much knowledge and research as he could before the end of his years. He never expected any form of culmination or plateau and he religiously pursued his studies - this was at least a good two and a half thousand years of isolating himself - and he has grown to be an aged, yet potent manipulator of magic and its variety of forms; most notably the Miasma branch. His studies had caused a stir all over the ranks of Hell and eventually inspired a congregation of Miasma demons devoted to the study of the branch, including himself. The newly conceived department was known by no official name, since such matters were much too trivial to lay their focus on, and eventually their labs became known simply as the Apothecarium. Its residents, the Apothecaries. Abasi's studies had made the greatest impact in demons' understanding of miasma magic, going so far as even galvanizing the Apothecary division. So thusly, he was the group's most recognized member. His authority and acumen in the lab were seldom challenged.

Among the tomes of recipes and spells, were also books with historical and cultural value. Among them Abasi had learned of Eden - through the perspective of a Hell demon. Regardless, it was enough to recognize the cultural and magical significance of the realm, and he learned of the oncoming Eden event called the Festival of the Red Moon, which was apparently supposed to come in soon time. Supposedly, it presented tournaments and a showing of new magical spells. Naturally, the idea of the latter appeased him more. Recently, through a string of deals and many letters being sent and received, he managed to work his way out of the political stranglehold of Hell's hierarchy and enter Eden on invitation of the Queen. He was provided accommodations in the castle and space to work in the library where he'll act as one of its keepers and grand scholars - much to the expense of Eden's citizens. The people of Eden distrusted a demon straight from Hell amongst them and he sticks out like a sore thumb given his appearance.

They were well aware of his coming arrival and, due to the spread of rumor, were also aware of the kind of power he held and recognized him as a threat. During his stay in Eden's castle, he has appeared to shirk much of his librarian responsibilities aside from the purpose of protecting the library and keeping care of its valuable books and tomes and has taken to a huge table off to the side of the enormous library, littered with books, notes, and papers, and can usually be found there paying attention to only his studies and research. Being absorbed into what is apparently his own pursuits only adds to Eden's suspicions of him. As though it weren't enough, he is also seen expressing an interested in the rampant plant growth in the surrounding forests and gardens, which has just dug him into a deeper hole in the minds of the other residents. However, Abasi pays little heed to them and still maintains a good connection with Eden's higher authorities despite the differences in their kind and origins.

Job in the Castle: Librarian, Grand Scholar

Last edited by Lieo on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm

Both of them are accepted! Well done, Mister Patch, well done.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 8:01 pm

So, question: Why are we all ridiculously old, if it really doesn't seem like a long time is passing, and there are evidently no psychological or logistical effects of all the extra time? Why don't we just put a normal human age-equivalent and say that time passes more slowly in the afterlife, such that a year in the overworld is just a few days here? Seems that would make our ages a lot easier to interpret.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm

Because that's just too easy. Can't have it be easy.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 8:56 pm

Gives us an excuse to make this a competence fantasy, what with our characters having had hundreds of years of job experience. Plus, they can make jokes about how uncivilized the incoming humans were in their youth.

Sure, there might be some extraordinarily deep resentment of mildly annoying neighbors and coworkers. Boredom with the kingdom's creative output. And I still don't understand how (pre)-adolescent demons work.

If we ignore child-rearing, then maybe everyone just pulls up roots every hundred years or so and does something else. In which case all of us should have longer backstories, so probably not.

Now, if we're trying to play as normal people, then what we have to work with is just a kind of large number syndrome. Maybe we can wave it off as 'this is how old people expect demons to be' or some such perception trick.

I would be happy to take the easy route, instead.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm

I don't want to write 1241 years of backstory. I have problems enough writing more than my own age of 19 years. My concept of time falls off after that.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm

shouiajhoiajh okay fine then, just set your age as what they are, equivalent to human years.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 10:38 pm

I'll just need to mentally reformulate for T where T previously was 1+(X/1000) rounded to the nearest whole number, with X being years.

Lemme see here...

And that done. I just need to actually describe this terrible character.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 2:23 am

So wait if Verl was born in the first DW doesn't that mean throughout it he was an infant?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 2:24 am

MAGIC DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY, and don't question me sir! I am a dragon!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:01 am

I thought we were rebooting the universe, myself. :P Are we not? If we're not, I need to do an entirely new character.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

It is a reboot, entirely. It's just that stuff happened in the original one, and it still is confusing.

Oh, and Shiny's character is accepted. Could swear I made mention of that...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 2:53 pm

I want to make a note to Shiny: I did the math, and assuming that 5000 years is the demon equivalent to a 70 year old human, the 27 year old human would be equivalent to 1928.5 years as a demon. 3400 would be a middle aged demon since the human inverse is 47.6.

Not raining on your parade or anything, I got curious and decided to look at the ages. This is all assuming 5000 years translates to 70 years.

Following the pattern, Abasi would be approaching his 61st birthday soon.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next