WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!

Go down 
+5
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
Patches
Rachel
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:51 pm

Dark magician?

A druid is a spell caster who spell casts AoE and status (we don't have one of those yet) whose powers are primal, and whose gimmick, is turning into an animal and mauling shit.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:54 pm

I like the sound of that. I'll take it. First: explanation of AoE? Status effects I assume? Also, something that's been bugging me for a while: is the title of a Druid just the title of its occupation, or is it some kind of species? Cause it does sound like some kind of dwarven subspecies.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:55 pm

Area of affect. As in hitting large groups of people. Status effects are also abilities you get.

No no, we'll worry about species after class, it's smoother this way. Druid is a job.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm

YES. I leik this. Yesssssss.

Alright, I'll have my character be a Druid. Is there a sheet? Also, are all of them Author Avatars, or shall we get unique? Cause while I'm okay with Author Avatars, I do like balancing the gender equality scale and providing fem chars.

So... now that jobs are finished... now we get into species...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Author Avatars?

Sheets? Where we're going we don't need sheets... by which I mean, yes there are, and I'll get around to filling them in for you guys one day. Until then I'll just feed you the information you request.

Actually... I suppose what I have might work well enough as a sheet for most people... hm...

Anyway, yeah, give me a moment to prepare a list of races.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:00 pm

Druid or Warden would have been my second option after Paladin, and instead of Tiefling, I'd have gone Goliath. Or Elf.

NO DON'T LISTEN TO ME I'M RAMBLING
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:04 pm

Human, Elf, Eladrin (they're basically "high" elves, the fancy ones), Dwarf, Dragonborn (which you can't be. No. Just, just no. There's three already.) Half-elves (half human, just to make sure that's out there.), halfling (the short people.), and tiefling, which would be people who are devilish. Legs is one of thems.

There are more, but that's just... Half-Orc, and a few more I guess I can offer you, like Goliaths which are hard to explain... and uh... devas, who are technical immortals who reincarnate all the time. And gnomes, another brand of tiny people... and uh... legs help me out here...

To be perfectly honest, no one wants to be a Warden. They are quite literally inferior to every other tank, they can't even wear full plate.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:10 pm

Human, elf, half-elf, half-orc, no full Orc, eladrin, gnome, halfling, goliath, shifter, deva, dwarf, dragonborn, tiefling... I think I might be missing one or two, but that's pretty much all of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm

Oh, yeah, shifters. Forgot them.

Oh there's also drow, which are dark elves. That should be everything.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:16 pm

Where are drow mentioned?

This is gonna be the best group ever. Of all time.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:18 pm

They're in the essentials books, you won't see them.

Though if I'm bringing everythign from there... we've got shades, which are humans who traded their soul a bit, Revant, people revived from the grave by the god of the dead for a special purpose, Some wierd word which are "half" vampire people. Then there's satyrs, pixies which are actually tiny, which is smaller than small, and some wierd dyrad folks...
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:19 pm

Sorry, had to switch to DSi. Anyways, I was thinking of having some gianter character, so I'd like to go into detail of the Orcs and Goliaths.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

Half-orcs, actually, not full orcs. And they're rather human sized.

Goliaths are fairly tall, overly competative giants who are like, reverse dwarves. They like to live ON the mountian, and believe that they deserve it. They're also fairly tribally.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:21 pm

Half-Orc. No Orcs. And they are the usual human size, if memory serves. Even Goliath are classified as 'Medium' (although they are often around 7-8 foot come adulthood).
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

Darn. How about these 'Dark Elves' or 'Royal Elves'?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

I dunno about the drow, but I'm fairly certain that the eladrin aren't typically Druids (although that doesn't mean much; tieflings aren't usually Paladins)... Let me read about them for a moment.

Goliath are still the biggest, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:27 pm

Drow are black and from the underdark, which is to say, deep underground. They traditionally worshiped a dark god who lead them astray, she's mean and all about serving yourself. Any hero drow forwent this and emerged into the overworld.

Eladrin well... basically, all elves used to be one kind. And then the afformentioned god lead one astray, which sparked a war that drove them to the underground. This war also brought differences out between the normal, nature loving elves, and the civilized elves who wanted to make grand cities. Eladrin are the grand city elves.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:31 pm

For more information to help you decide, eladrin are naturally proficient with longswords, can live over 300 years (they never seem to age though), and are getting a nice +2 to Dexterity and Intelligence, as well as that +2 to the skills Arcana and History.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

All elves live that long.

Normal elves get +2 to dex and wis. Elves are naturally good with bows.

Drow get the same bonuses, I do believe, but they get different subabilities.

Note that as a Druid, you want Wisdom and... Constitution, I think.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Okay, so, we got that part covered. Still kinda tempted to switch to Warlock or Rogue as I really hate the idea of being the "just shoot shit" class with no out of combat usefulness. Ehh. I have a lot of free time so I'll roll a few characters up and see what happens.

Why no Dragonborn? What's so wrong with a party of Dragonborn? I'd think that'd make things easier for the GM, haha, but that's just me.

Might as well link him to the books dude. Not trying to tell you how to run your game/thread or anything, but I strongly recommend using the frontpage to this thread. Edit it so that there's a list of characters (including name, race, and class), links to the pdfs (I can supply that), and other random notes.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

Oh! I need to get the rest of those PDFs.
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

OIC.

Well... I've decided that I want my char to have some kind of 'cowboy' motif, so if Goliaths live in the mountains, and if the Mountains contain deserts or if they are something like it, then I will settle for a Goliath. So long as she can wear a long cloak, and whenever she gets flustered of a sorts, she grabs her cloak, her eyes widen, she straightens out her other hand, and her cloak mysteriously flows violently behind her. (as per an animation from Ace Attorney which I favor)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

Honestly, you'll all get "out of combat" abilities, trust me, you just need to get to level two first.

Yes, yes I should do that, but then I decided... with what I've done to this, and the monstrocity that is me, any benefit would be offset by the more hoops that would need to be jumped through as I get the rules to mesh how I say they should.

And why not? Because damn it I like diversity in the party, it means you'll all have even wider differences in what you want, and how you act.

I sincerely hope you don't intend to find a desert anywhere near where we are. We're starting somewhere frosty.

Also... Cowboy...ie? I don't... what... ow... I'll be over there... give me a moment...
Back to top Go down
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

Argh, I shouldn't have said that. I meant more along the lines that she was inspired by the idea of a 'Cowboy Cop' char I had. Other than that, she'd just be loud and proud, ready chose her allies and pick her enemies.

And no, I do not expect us in any deserts.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

Eh, it's your game, you can do what you want. Still say having at least the basics on the first post would be optimal. Let's just say that, right now, I don't know who's exactly playing.

I think abilities is the wrong word. I don't want to be just the one-trick dragon here. 4e seems to make the classes really combat focused and limited so I'm wondering if that'll hamper what I do out of battle.

I know damn well that there are sites that host characters, 'specially fourth edition. While I'm not a fan of 3.5 and you know my thoughts on 4e, they are some really, really well backed editions as far as content and supporting goods come. Might be able to find one of those.

Is there ever going to be a posting order, or what? I know that, if there's so many posts a day between just two people, I'll probably just drop out of this. Forums are hard for me to stay up to date with as it is, haha. Also, Trillian has stopped giving me popups of new emails for AIM, which sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!   Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover! - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ji's topic - Friendly Plotstrike inbound, find cover!
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next