WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity OOC

Go down 
+5
Heontris
andavocados
Snowy
Szemetlada
Master of ImpZ
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

YESSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

EDIT: Wait! I'm changing his name. Don't accept this yet
EDIT: Okay, changed the name. It's all good now

Name/Designation: Casey

Age/How long have you been online: 28 years

Occupation/Directive: Mechanical engineer

Description: Casey is a somewhat tall, thin man, about 5'10", though he's not extremely strong. He is white with dark brown hair. He has a few white scars from welding and such, though he mostly works with repairing mechanical devices.

Bio/How and why you were built: Casey grew up in a family of mechanics, his mother a welder and his father a repairman. Because of this, he has grown up with a vast knowledge of mechanics. Steve applied for the facility at 25 years old, and was accepted due to his mechanical expertise. Recently he's had word of his parents' death, being torn apart by the mutants.

Name/Designation: A51

Age/How long have you been online: 7 months. Because of this, it has slightly more advanced technologies, but it doesn't know much.

Occupation/Directive: Messenger/Security guard companion

Description: A51 is a small robot, about a foot tall, and the same wide. His main body looks somewhat like a steel box. He has no legs, but two arms that were created pointing down, and slightly outward. The only arm movement he has is turning both of them around, but they are always pointing slightly outward. He has a jet booster on the end of each of his arms, and one large one at the base of his body. Because of this strange look, the only way to turn is to move one arm forwards, and one backwards. But, this has also given him very good agility. He has a small dome for a head on the top of his box body, with two eyes and a mouth. He also has a short radio wire just to the left of his head.

On each shoulder he has a very small laser, though nobody is quite sure what they do. Also, underneath a flap in the middle of his body, A51 has another strange mechanical device, although the purpose of that is also unknown. Nobody, not even A51, really know all that he can do.

Bio/How and why you were built: A51 was built by that scientist who died in the original post. A51 was built to companion security guards and robots, and to deliver messages throughout the facility when the people were too busy to do so. That dead scientist is really the only person who actually knew what A51 can do.

S'okay?
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

Yep. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

Woot woot!!

Can't wait for this to start up!
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

So I was in this and as far as I know it died on the Sporum so here is my old sheet.

Designation- Unit 003 Paperweight

How long have you been online- Not long. A freshly built model disconnected from SIDOS as soon as possible.

Directive- Wander laboratories in search of humans. Despite disconnection with the Master, it still has that directive, though the killing function has gone temporarily offline. No weapons are found on or attached to the model, although several outputs are located on various areas of its plating.

Description- A lithe and lean model built for scouting. Fully customizable and self-aware, flexibility is one of its primary features. It is able to navigate the facility via practically any means. Through air ducts, and over and under obstacles, it is extremely maneuverable for a medium-sized bot. The only thing it can’t do is defend itself against an opponent larger than it. It is about the height of a mid-size man, and has only three metal phalanges attached to each rotatable servo that serve as its wrists. Known as Paperweight for its lack of size, it seems to be the toothpick of robots. White and yellow plating covering its metallic and shiny body, a rounded visual sensor complete with a communications antenna houses its one yellow eye. Pointed shoulder plates are probably the most dangerous thing about this bot. Its legs curve inwards and come out in rounded half circles for what humans would know as ‘feet.’ Nimble and swift, it is faster than a human, if not less dangerous in most situations, meaning it could easily be taken down, assuming a human could catch it. Many would have to work together to outsmart it though; its systems are programmed with the newest, albeit experimental AI system other than SIDOS’s, but it would never dream of trying to destroy him. It understands that would be suicide. A mute robot, not even clicks or whirrs come from its well-oiled gears as they move, making it a silent adversary and adding stealth properties to its systems.

How you were built- By the Reassembly Machine of course! ;D Really it was built by SIDOS in hopes of scouting out the humans’ location(s), so he could potentially stop them before they do something they’ll regret later. Piece by piece the small robot was built by a variety of other machines made for that purpose, at a rather fast pace at that. As its eye lit up for the first time, Paperweight flashed its sensor cover and looked around, testing it’s ‘hands’ and lifting it’s ‘foot’. In a brand new body, its systems were a go. It only needed to be tested first, in more ways than one. After an initial run through from SIDOS of its basic functions, it took off running around the room, knocking things over and squealing. It is for that reason that SIDOS removed its vocal generator, finding its small high pitched voice annoying. It was only pleased to serve, excited about its new body! Sobering it up, Unit 003 Paperweight became quite serious at this immediate loss. Taking orders from none but SIDOS, it marched off in search of humans. As soon as it was out of SIDOS’s sight, it disconnected itself from his systems, leaving him unable to contact it or see through its sensor(s). Unarmed and eerily silent, Paperweight was still on the hunt for humans, but not for the same reasons.

Tell me if I need to change anything, Eric~
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 7:02 pm

More hoominz, NAOW! :P

(humans)
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

Yeah, robots to humans is 4:3 right now. there always seems to be a lot more people who want robots than humans in this roleplay.

Ah well..
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar 2012, 5:41 pm

Apologies Kailee. I had seen this, and left to read it later, got busy, kind of forgot, etc. Apologies.

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

Looks like this is going well. :)
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

I hope so, will be nice to see this take off into the air once again, perhaps finishing to completion like the first roleplay did.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

Yeah, this was one of two RPs I've ever been in that finished. xP Can't wait to see things get started!
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012, 2:27 pm

What exactly will be the completion? (Don't answer if you don't want to) Will it be defeating SIDOS, escaping, ending the apocalypse, or what?
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 1:09 am

Main idea is stopping the potential future of the world ending. But as futures go, it is but one potential, so it may not be as easy as just stopping it, another end of the world potential could start up so you never know.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 7:32 am

Prime, just so you know I won't be on at all next week. Probably won't have internet to get on so..
Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

Aw.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 3:01 pm

Yeah Sorry bout that, I got to go now actually so Biya!
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 2:08 am

Can't let this die!

Can hardly wait for it to start.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

Same here tahuu. I think I'm gonna go invite someone I know on here. He's a big roleplaying guy.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Coolio. That'll be coolionessful.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

coolionessful. O.o interesting word...
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

Aye, 'tis a very odd vord!
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 12:32 am

I wanna try and wait for Drago to get back before starting and such, so we get everyone to get their first posts out and not leave people behind or anything.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012, 3:05 pm

Alright, cool, cool.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 11:17 am

I'm here at lest until thirdsday night, we got internet at our house! Yay no more crummy tiny apartements!
Oh I didn't mena any offence in that BTW I just don't like apartements to small for my likking.
And thanks for waiting for me Prime, I might be until next week though even though we have internet. Because My Dad dosn't like it when I use my Mother lap top.

Hope thinges are going well for you here.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

Well I hope things are going well for you there.

I am perfectly fine waiting for ya, this forum is not going anywhere. At least not yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity OOC
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next