WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning

Go down 
+4
Rachel
Diamondback
andavocados
Surprise
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:50 pm

everyone loves the pinkie sig.

I... guess that makes sense? maybe the rules for the tournament are simply that you can only catch one pokemon in each area, and that if you leave an area(after joining the tournament!) you aren't allowed to catch a pokemon from that area? *shrug* makes sense to me. It gives a valid reason for some characters to catch the first thing they come across while allowing my character to no-life for grass-types.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Or, as you said earlier, in RP format you can fail to notice other pokes.

The faint/death thing, though. Would that be an inherent part of the world, or part of the tournament (either a rule with a D---EAD box in the PC or part of said diabolical plan)?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 8:26 pm

I vote just a natural thing. That way we can MURDER EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 8:32 pm

But if it's an insidious game construct wherein the thing is still dead.

MURDER EVERYTHING and plots.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 8:35 pm

or where the thing would normally be dead but they somehow take them and use them for the insidius plots?
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:04 pm

Well. Then you have to deal with the moral consequences of having teenagers battle things to the death without simply being able to say LOL THEY TRICKED YOU NOW GO KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:15 pm

I stand by the whole "RS with Nuzlocke rules+modifications" bit. If we change too much, Hoenn looses it's whimsy and those of us who want to play it semi-normally get shitted on. So I vote Pokemon death is just a natural thing, because, you know, it actually is, even in the default rules games. That one Tower in Kanto, anyone?
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:22 pm

Well, yes, but they don't die in battle.

And I don't think anyone would be gung-ho about sending kids off battling deadly creatures with other deadly creatures to the death.

Which I have said, on numerous occasions. And that would definitely lose some whimsy.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:36 pm

yes, but I like the idea of "You thought they were dead, they were your friends, and we used them to cause a catastrophe"
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:38 pm

So do I, actually. That sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:41 pm

I know, right? We spend time mourning them, move on, BAM they've been alive this whole time and in horrible agony
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:43 pm

Meh, I'm still opposed to it. I'd rather just follow the actually poorly defined plot that's already there. Just thicken it a bit, it's pretty much perfect as is, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:46 pm

well, I was thinking that the force that is behind it all is empowering the admitadly idiotic magma and aqua teams. That way we have a better villain than maxi/ Archie, who I always hated because they get a last minute redemption shot. just... derp. So we beat out Kyogre and Groudon, and then someone else swoops in, captures them, and uses them, along with the previously captured rayquaza, to try and take over Hoenn.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:50 pm

I actually liked Maxi and Archie, mainly because Maxi always reminded me of a clean-cut businessman and Archie was like a rough-and-tumble piratey guy... But I also figured they knew each other, maybe as friends when they were younger. So I think their redemption shot was well earned, to be honest...
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:52 pm

maybe, but no villain I've ever seen has had a cornier redemption shot. You didn't realize raising/lowering the sea would be a bad thing? seriously? bullshit. your plan failed and you're covering for it.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:58 pm

You have to realize that it's a Japanese game aimed at kids. What passes for wisdom in these games is child logic.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:05 pm

We can at least make their redemption more believable. Maybe add in a third group of actual goodguys to summon Rayquaza?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:12 pm

no, I say my way is better, and adds a better climax- have a third, actually competently evil group, and have them have already captured rayquaze, swoop in and capture groudon and kyogre, and then we need to make it through their base to take on their boss, who has all 3.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:31 pm

As long as Archie and Maxi get an actual shot at redemption, I'm good for that. And I'd like to keep this as "we're Trainers who just want to accomplish *goal* but get sucked into this whole thing by being at the wrong place at the wrong time".
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:34 pm

Okay, that works.

THE COMPETENT GROUP SHOULD BE TEAM ROCKET *shot*
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:35 pm

Led by Giovanni, at least? Except he's busy in Kanto in this timeframe...
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:35 pm

He is? Doing what?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:40 pm

being holed up in a mountain, then commiting suicide.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 10:47 pm

No; RSE takes place at the same time as RGBY.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 11:15 pm

It does? I was not aware of this.

So then what? Team Galactic is fail. I don't even remember if they're DP or BW. And whichever the other one is is worse, because I don't even remember them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next