WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 2:18 am

"Okay, if you say so. I, for one-" Be polite to our new neighbors. "I'm sorry. I'm just a bit culture-shocked. From tube to lab to here. Pardon any rudeness I committed earlier." That's better, Ara'kal.
This small flyer made no sense to Klik. He used language he couldn't understand.
Ara'kal noticed the dragons around him, and how they could easily kill him, given the chance. He found a nearby tree and climbed to a low branch.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 2:21 am

Tyriia nodded slowly. "We forage mainly for our food, fishing is not our strong point, despite our affinity for water. You may fish from the river as you please, I see no problem with that." Lifting Vei on her back, she turned and swam across the pond back to the cave.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

He flew over the river to join them. "You are very good swimmers, my friends." He swooped down into the river to grab a minnow then swallowed it head first, still wiggling. Meanwhile, Klik was sitting with the dragons. This little flyer was fast, and almost seemed like a kite, breakable and brittle.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 6:49 pm

Diving down through the underwater entrance, Lyea returned to her newly formed tunnel and hurried down to her own den. It needed to be expanded quickly, claiming in unknown territory would make foraging more dangerous for the time being. A longer supply of food would be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

Klik returned to his den to sleep. He needed rest badly. Meanwhile, Ara'kal flew over, scouting the new territory out. There were many branches of the river and a few ponds. Come back. He flew to his nest. Within was a single egg, the size of an orange but more oblong. Him and Ara'ni happily chirped, squawked, and made noise.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

Stepping back from her new storage room, a line of long alcoves for storing berries wrapped in leaves, she nodded in satisfaction and went out to begin gathering. Mhyri was their foraging expert, knowing exactly when to begin picking, and how to spread them for future harvests. Preparing a large leaf, she began filling it with an assortment of the fruits.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:45 am

Klik was forced to chase off several overly curious salamanders from his log. It was a nice home for little crawling things, but there was just not enough room. With just him and Lyea it had been very crowded. These small amphibians added up fast.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 12:53 am

Dragging the leaf back, she shoved the lot inside and pulled some ferns across the opening. Searching around some more, she located tougher but smaller leaves, quickly picked and taken back to the cave. Wrapping the berries into parcels, she lightly heated them to seal the juice and flesh before storing them away.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

Ara'kal soon departed, intent on finding his neighbors a present to make up for his prior rudeness. He scanned over the river, searching before finding a decent sized school of small fish. Capturing them in his hind legs, he found the nearest gathering dragon. "A housewarming gift."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 12:32 am

Skoi ducked his head down again. Unbelievable, was he some sort of unknowing celebrity inside the Arboretum? Still, it was fish, a rather rare treat, and those that were caught were often average quality. "Uh... thank, you..." He looked around in desperate hope that Tyriia would come out of the cave at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

"You're welcome, my friend." He then departed, noticing how perturbed the dragon was. He flew high and slow, circling the river. There was a high density of creatures here, many of which he had no instinctual fear for. It could be assume they were aliens.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

Looking around again with significant apprehension, he carefully took the fish inside, making a mental note to try and thank the stranger properly, in a way his heart could manage. It was a good time for food anyway, Tyriia agreed to this as well. Taking special care with Mhyri's larger portion, he cleaned the selected fish with ease, dividing it up with his claws, and roasting with his fire.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

Klik crawled out of the log and began to shamble to the river. He wanted to be of the most usefulness he could. It would be rude not to help. Meanwhile, Ara'kal was scoping out the fertile lands surrounding the river. They would be a nice place to raise a child.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

Returning to the river, she walked over to Klik's side. "Klik?" Her next step was bedding and camouflage for the cave, the water entrance would be her final task for the day before rest. Sitting down, she waited for his response, he seemed to be distracted by something.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

"Help Lyea." The scientists had bugged him into learning the word help. He walked over to the den and cocked his head to the side for emphasis. If there was anything she needed help with, now was the time for her to tell him.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm

She smiled and stood up again. Picking up a few branches, she positioned them over her so that it disguised her slightly. "Camouflage. Hidden." Returning to her normal posture, she walked over to the cave and began dragging the creeping vines over the top so they would grow down over the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

He understood the idea. Cover the entrance with vines to make it less visible. He began to drag vines over. He decided to bring a few reeds to plant at the entrance, to both hide it and make it less easily accessible. He brought mud too.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

She clapped as he showed ingenuity with the water plants. Perfect. Finishing with the vines, she jumped down to the water. "Water door." Sliding in, she swum down a few inches to find a suitable entrance, and began digging away. At first it was easier, but as the drier soil was uncovered, she went back up for air. "Nice work with water plants Klik."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:51 pm

He made a contended sound when she complemented him. Just then, Ara'kal saw them and put the rest of the fish he had caught on the ground in front of the dragon. "A little housewarming gift, my friend." Klik stared at the flyer. Ara'kal noticed. "Hello, my amphibious comrade."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

She sniffed at the fish for a brief moment before proceeding to harvest some leaves. "This is indeed a generous gift, given I haven't even gotten around to settling in. If there's anything I can help with, feel free to ask." Wrapping the fish up carefully, she flame sealed them and took them inside before returning.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:11 am

"Umm, could I ask a tiny favor of you?" Ara'kal paused for a second, then continued. "I don't know how to swim, and would be honored to learn from someone who is instinctively adapted to the water." Meanwhile, Klik was sneaking up on him.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

She nodded eagerly. "It comes naturally to us, and your body shape isn't the best for swimming, but I can still try." Sliding back into the water, she looked around for a moment for a deeper part, swimming out towards it.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:49 am

He waddled to shallow water, and tried paddling with his feet. It didn't work. I need a surface with more drag... Of course! He used his wing. He could steer somewhat easily, and his hollow bones and large lungs allowed him to float. He made his way over to Lyea.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 12:57 am

She clapped in glee. "Very good. As a swimmer, you're better for long distance, big powerful strokes that carry you far with little force. My kind are built more for speed as you can see." Taking a deep breath, she sped across to the other side with ease, the spines along her back raising to reveal the fins which kept her straight.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jul 2012, 1:01 am

"Thank you for your knowledge, friend." He clambered out of the water and began shook the water off. Ara'kal, you don't have time to play. I'm hungry and the egg gets cold fast. "Sorry, I have to go. Wife's calling." He began to fly up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next