WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 3:28 am

She sprinted back to their little pond in the river, slipping into the water without a sound. Drying herself in the warmth of the cave, she continued to think about Klik as she curled up in her hollow. "Friend." Folding her spines down, she wrapped her wings around to form a tight ball of skin.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 3:34 am

He curled into a circle and fell asleep, just as a way to reach dawn faster. He had a slower metabolism than most animals, so he required less food but had less energy. He slept, dreaming of comfort and freedom.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 5:14 am

Working out when it was sunrise had proved to be a challenge early on, especially for Skoi. He had lived in a nest back on their home world unlike the others, he was always able to see the time of day. Now often he found himself emerging from the surface of the water some time before dawn. This was no exception. Sitting there on his favourite rock, he stared up at the roof of their enclosure, the metal beams criss-crossing all over the place. The surface of the glowing planet creeping across the sky shortly before the opening closed, he enjoyed the sunlight while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

It was dawn now, and it was time to rise. Soon the two-legs-no-wings would be coming, and thy didn't like no-shows. As he surfaced he noticed the water dragon, and called out to him "Friend." He was being social now, and it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

He jumped upon hearing someone behind speak. Not waiting for a response, he dived down into the water and back to the cave. Lyea was already swimming out while he darted back. Reaching the surface, she happily swam over to him. "Klik."
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

He returned with another greeting. "Friend Lyea." He swam over to her and then dived down, swimming through the water as fast as he could. He slightly disturbed a sleeping catfish, which then settled back in to rest.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:57 am

She swam around in circles, swishing her tail through the water. "Friend Skoi, hide." She mimicked diving behind a group of plants to demonstrate the word. It was much easier now she was in a familiar environment. Teaching him was much more fun than she had first anticipated.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:01 am

"Hide." He dove into an underwater thicket of seagrass, seeing the tendrils of weeds slightly drift in the current. The humans viewing from the glass seemed amazed at the grasp of language. Did it really shock them that much?
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:08 am

She giggled and dived under the water towards him. Speech wasn't as good underwater, but it was still fun. "No, Skoi hide from Klik, silly Skoi." She swam around him in a small circle, catching some plants on her spines and wing stigs. After a few rounds she was draped in them.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:12 am

"Skoi hide?" He began to look for this other friend, who had taken the action of hiding. He searched for a bit, and then found nothing other than an older dragon covering a cave. "Friend Skoi?" he inquired, asking who the dragon was.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:15 am

Tyriia shook herself awake as she heard Skoi's name. The creature from before, Lyea close beside him. "Skoi is resting, he's a nervous character if anything." She took the moment to look over the creature more thoroughly, then at Lyea. "I see he's been learning some basic words." Lyea swished her tail in slight embarrassment. Smiling, Tyriia entered the cave, leaving Lyea and her friend to choose their actions.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

He swam over to a floating plant not unlike a lily and nosed at it, tipping it eer so slightly. He was inquiring as to the flower's name. "Lyea." He nosed the flower again, noting the pleasant smell. This learning was fun.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:23 am

She crawled up into the opening of the cave and turned to watch him examine the flower. Her head rested on the ground as he called the flower Lyea. "Lyea." Rolling onto her back she scratched at the wall idly. So much to do, her brain couldn't handle it all at once.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:28 am

He swam over to her and called her name. "Lyea." He entered the cave, and asked, "Friend?" He assumed these dragons were a friendly sort. They certainly seemed to be friendly. He stayed still as well as possible, so as not to scare anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:32 am

She got up and rubbed against his side teasingly before walking in. The main room where they ate was first, small veins of glowing rock and a larger stone to hang from the middle kept it bright. From there smaller tunnels branched off to their individual rooms, as well as to other places they liked to hunt. She wandered to her own room.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:35 am

As she wandered off he exited the cave and returned to his good old hollow log to wait for something to happen. Knowing this place, it would. Nothing new came swimming by except a brightly colored fish, its sparkling scales entrancing.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:40 am

She noticed him leaving and decided to let it be. It was berry day anyway. Fixing the lining of her room, she hurried down one of the tunnels to where the berry plants flourished, and emerged out from the roots of the bigger tree. The berries were bright and juicy, unbearably tempting to a hungry dragon. Stepping forward, she began picking them off one by one, squeezing the nasty tasting seeds out before chewing on them for the juice.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:43 am

He swished his tail back and forth, creating a small dent in the muddy silt. It was rich in clay, good burrowing silt. The small depression pulled in the nearest part of the log, leaving the log at an angle and one end blocked.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:47 am

After a while, mouth and claws stained by red berry juice, she coughed softly and returned to the cave to wash up. The fish enjoyed the fruity hit they received whenever she did so. Perhaps now was a good time to explore the river further, she hadn't really seen much of it. Letting the current carry her, she watched the trees drift by as her light body was carried along.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:52 am

He settled into his newly renovated lair. A school of small silvery fish swam past. He fell asleep, needing some rest to digest his most recent meal of fish. He would explore afterwards, he was tired now.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 7:57 pm

She continued to float down, lifting her head more and more often as the scenery changed. A different biome type, still very green, but the leaves were harder to see, as if they were made of thousands of little spines. Grabbing onto a rock she got out of the water and began to explore.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

He slowly swam back up to the surface and began to make a series of barks that would carry for some distance, essentially a call to any other vocal species in the area. Knowing the dragons, there would soon be a response.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

She pricked her ears up as barks rang through softly. Klik. Turning around, she got her bearings relative to the river and began sprinting in the direction of the bark. Recognizing his distinct vocal pattern was no trouble for her. Slowing down as she approached, she returned to a casual walk, raising her spines up just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:49 pm

"Lyea!" He moved over to her as fast as his salamander legs could carry him. He happily investigated her. He bumped her side with his nose playfully. He rolled a small rock towards her, speaking. "Ball."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:53 pm

She jumped around happily, jumping onto the ball and rolling it around. It was an absolute joy to be reunited with her friend again. Turning, she rolled the ball towards him, nudging him back with her forehead. "Klik."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next